GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does seem to appear as though it is someone in the neighbourhood who knew Alanna and her parents, and knew she wouldn't be immediately missed.

Just like my parents wouldn't have missed me.

LE need to look for someone who unexpectedly got the house to themselves that day. An opportunist who had probably been watching Alanna for a while.

:twocents:

This has really bothered me. We have local Facebook news pages and that is how I watched this unfold Monday evening. Neighbors from the area were talking on the pages and that is the first time I saw the name Alona. That is how I remember seeing it then having no idea who they were talking about. They were hoping it was not her and I remember seeing comments that she was out a lot and they thought it could be her. This was long before identification (Monday night) but then the ID did come as an Alanna. If the neighbors were speculating that early it really makes me wonder who else knew she could be a convenient victim.

I went back to see if I could find the exact comments and I couldn't because my computer is acting really glitchy right now and keeps freezing between here and Facebook. I am not sure if them talking about ID before the official ID my have violated some TOS and been deleted (some people were mad because people were posting stuff before the investigation even started and may have complained) or if I just couldn't open enough comments. There are a lot of comments on both pages under the stories.

Here are the links though if anyone else wants to look at the local pages.

https://www.facebook.com/SaginawTexasNews?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/DFWScanner?fref=ts

I read the TOS and I don't think I am breaking them by posting news Facebook pages but if I am please let me know and/or delete.

I thought the original statements said the body was found around 7pm or so and showed signs of decomposition. Time of death would have had to be much earlier. I bet the 7:30pm timeline is pronounced dead. JMO

TOD is when someone arrived on the scene and pronounced her dead. It doesn't mean she died at that moment. Hopefully the ME can give a more accurate TOD once the autopsy is finished.

This is really interesting and could even lead to a suspect IMO. Did the people posting listen to the scanner around 9:15 or shortly afterwards because that's when the parents told LE that Alanna was missing.

It sounds like the neighborhood was well aware she was missing quite a bit before LE was officially called.

That means “any single person in this area is a suspect,” officer Damon Ing said at a news conference.
and...

The family was questioned by police. “We have many leads to follow,” Ing said, “but at this time, the family is not suspected.”
The officer said he does not believe that a predator is stalking Saginaw.

“I want to assure the community that it is perfectly safe,” Ing said. “We don’t have this sort of thing here. I believe this will be an isolated case.”
Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/07/03/4980912/911-call-i-think-its-a-little.html#storylink=cpy
I say this with all due respect to Officer Ing, and then some. He serves his position as a Saginaw PD public information officer very well, IMO. In a situation like the present one, it's a great challenge to keep your statements balanced. The last thing you want to do is send the community into a panic. On the other hand, it's irresponsible to sugarcoat the facts. So you tell it like it is, and then convey your personal sense of well-being. In the end, he reveals nothing of significance about the crime. :moo:

I thought the original statements said the body was found around 7pm or so and showed signs of decomposition. Time of death would have had to be much earlier. I bet the 7:30pm timeline is pronounced dead. JMO
The decomp info, as far as I've found, was reported only by one station - the CBS outlet - and picked up by CNN and NY Daily News from that single source. It hasn't been seen since, and I think, if it were ever in an article on the CBS website, it was removed quite quickly.

Two interesting statements reported in the article linked above:

1.). "We're still trying to piece together when she was last seen," Ing said.
"She had been going in and out of the house all afternoon."

2.) A poster was wondering what the reference to a receipt was...
This article states that an FBI Evidence Receipt was found inside one of the cars...

FYI...

BBM: You know, Alanna was going in and out all afternoon. Then she stops. Doesn't come back. For HOURS. Say 5 hours. KG gets home around 8 pm, and he starts looking for her. Turns out she has been murdered and is laying in the street a mile away. It seems very odd to me. I don't know.

Maybe I missed this, was Alanna in school on Monday? I assume she was not, because it is said here that she was in and out all day.

Why wasn't she in school?

JMO

It sounds like the neighborhood was well aware she was missing quite a bit before LE was officially called.

That would stand to reason if dad had been knocking on neighbor's doors and wandering around the neighborhood looking for her, right? He likely saw other kid or parents and asked if they'd seen her and then when they hear the news of the find, they just assumed it was her, before the actual 911 call. mooo

I am mainly a lurker, I have been reading for years! However, I read earlier, and I can't remember where, that they (authorities) said Alanna was 'tortured'. So, if that is the case, then I wouldn't think it was a drowning.... I found the link! http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...her-article-1.1389968?localLinksEnabled=false This case is heartbreaking to me, as I am a mom too, and these stories just grab my heart and soul. I hope the perpetrator is apprehended soon.

I didn't see the word tortured...

ETA: I see it now. Under her picture rather than in the article.

BBM: You know, Alanna was going in and out all afternoon. Then she stops. Doesn't come back. For HOURS. Say 5 hours. KG gets home around 8 pm, and he starts looking for her. Turns out she has been murdered and is laying in the street a mile away. It seems very odd to me. I don't know.

Maybe I missed this, was Alanna in school on Monday? I assume she was not, because it is said here that she was in and out all day.

JMO

Because its summer.

I didn't see the word tortured...

One of the less reliable news sites (Daily News? Daily Mail? Somebody like that) got very very lurid in their writeup. There's been no indication whatsoever from LE.

This has really bothered me. We have local Facebook news pages and that is how I watched this unfold Monday evening. Neighbors from the area were talking on the pages and that is the first time I saw the name Alona. That is how I remember seeing it then having no idea who they were talking about. They were hoping it was not her and I remember seeing comments that she was out a lot and they thought it could be her. This was long before identification (Monday night) but then the ID did come as an Alanna. If the neighbors were speculating that early it really makes me wonder who else knew she could be a convenient victim.
I'm wondering the same thing, and it makes me think that she was taken by someone in the neighborhood. I feel like any neighborhood has a few kids whom everyone knows would make an easy victim. I know that in the neighborhood I lived in growing up, there were a few kids whom all the adults knew were totally unsupervised and left to wander around alone all day. They used to go to other houses asking for food because their stepmother "wouldn't let them eat." Obviously most adults are inclined to HELP kids like this, but it only takes one to do something unspeakable...

JMO

Would she be in school in July?

"We don't have this sorta thing here" "perfectly safe"

Maybe... UNTIL NOW!!!!

I was just out there on business. Fort worth area and surroundings are beautiful! Felt very safe!
We simply never know where evil lurks!
Jmo

A couple things I thought about. Alanna's body appears to have been dumped in the middle of a street where it was sure to be found. Speculation has led to falling out of the back of a pickup truck accidently.

Couldn't the perp have had her in his front seat of any type vehilce and shoved her body out & drove off? How low either way. No regard to human life & probably any other life but their own. Heartless to do to a child.

This red truck siting with green paint on it is so obvious and needs to be found or the owner steps up.

Another thing is if Alanna was deceased already then thrown out of the vehicle, the ME can tell injuries/bruises that happend before or after death, I believe. A body whether alive or not alive holds a lot of clues too.

Anyway you look at Alanna's death, it's just heartbreaking. No one wants a parent. relative, friend or the boogie man, but it happens. gah

JMO
Summer break.

According to the timeline I linked earlier, it was closer to 3 hours than 5. Last seen at 5:00, reported at 9-ish, but we know dad started looking for her around 8:00-8:30. Three hours is still a long time for a little one to be out of sight, though. I agree.

Summer break.

According to the timeline I linked earlier, it was closer to 3 hours than 5. Last seen at 5:00, reported at 9-ish, but we know dad started looking for her around 8:00-8:30. Three hours is still a long time for a little one to be out of sight, though. I agree.

Dispatch indicates an earlier time than 5 pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck