GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If LE thought that a predator had abducted and killed Alanna, yet no idea who this predator was, I definitely think they would be communicating with the public more. The case would play out similar to the Jessica Ridgeway case.

Agree 100%

I guess you're better at your job than anyone who would go looking for them first, then.

Anyway, it doesn't seem that everyone here is affording them the same benefit of the doubt regarding why they didn't report until later.

I was just answering your question. Please don't personalize posts. It's against TOS

In this link that was posted in the previous threads, is a photo of the receipt for items and a partial list of the items taken.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/fbi-...ng-confiscated-items-girl-tarp-214165241.html
Posted on July 3, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Updated Wednesday, Jul 3 at 10:31 PM

Was it discussed what is Citizens Academy?

http://www.ci.saginaw.tx.us/index.aspx?nid=104

Link shows that there is a Citizens Academy run by the police dept. There could be other Citizens Academies, no proof that this is what was being referred to--and I'm not trying to suggest that it is--just that this is one possibility.

Like the First 48 TV show....."the clock runs out if they don't get a lead in the first 48" Leads start to dry up and grow cold after that small window is closed. I hope they're onto something or watching a person and they just aren't releasing the info. to the media. Hopefully they found some sort of physical evidence left on the body or what she was wrapped in and it's undergoing testing.

They told the dispatcher that a Walmart plastic bag covered her head.

I believe this part is a reporting error. We've all listened to the 911 call. The 2 teenagers did not talk to dispatch, if the definition here is 911. It was the 911 operator that asked is it like a Walmart bag or bigger like a trash bag. And the caller, which was one of the teenager's fathers, replied a black trash bag. But because Walmart bags are on the seized item list, maybe there is some truth to it.
http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/fbi-...ng-confiscated-items-girl-tarp-214165241.html

Which says what? They have their sights set on someone? Waiting for tests to come back? Actively working at putting a case together to make an arrest?

Or they don't care

I'll never believe its because they don't care.

Do we know if they're still interviewing neighbors?

I hope it is saying they have their eyes set on someone. Maybe they think if the media stops reporting the perp would find a place to read or even speak about it. My issue with that is if the perp placed her out there on purpose to get any form of satisfaction would that cause them to try again. This is when watching all those CSI type shows comes back to haunt me.

I was just answering your question. Please don't personalize posts. It's against TOS

As are many of the judgments being made about the family because they didn't report as soon as some think they should have....

Please remember NO PERSONAL ATTACKS. Thank you.

This is such a heinous situation. poor little Alanna. I am not all that convinced that MSM always reports accurately. I have personally seen poor reporting of facts in a certain case I was very familiar with. A friend of the family was charged with a crime and what was written in the papers was 30% wrong. That is what I knew for a fact, as we grew up near each other and I knew certain things about the family. Those who knew the suspect never contacted anyone to straighten out the facts, only because we didn't want to talk to anyone from the media. If they got it wrong, they got it wrong. Those close to the case knew what was what and that was all that mattered.
As far as Alanna allegedly running around the neighborhood unsupervised, I take that with a grain of salt also. Could it be that she was supposed to be at a neighbor's, playing with the kids, but those people were not home, so she started to walk back to her house and someone grabbed her ? her family may have thought she was at someone's house all along. We do not know everything just because it isn't being reported. I want to give the family the benefit of the doubt. Only LE and her parents and whoever harmed her know everything. IMO

Regarding the discussion about MSM stating MM as being the bio father but KG being the "legal" father:

I am fairly certain that according to Texas law if a couple is legally married as KG and LG presumably are, the husband's name goes on the birth certificate regardless of who the bio father may be. And I am pretty sure it also happens that way if you are married to the mother in the 300 days preceding the birth of the child. There may have been no other choice but to have KG's name on the birth certificate.

I believe this part is a reporting error. We've all listened to the 911 call. The 2 teenagers did not talk to dispatch, if the definition here is 911. It was the 911 operator that asked is it like a Walmart bag or bigger like a trash bag. And the caller, which was one of the teenager's fathers, replied a black trash bag. But because Walmart bags are on the seized item list, maybe there is some truth to it.

I don't think the teens ever called it a Walmart bag. The earliest reference I can find to it is from July 2 Daily Mail article which references local TV as the source:

'I was panicking. I was freaked out. How can somebody hurt a little girl?' said Katie Whiddon, the mother of one of the teenagers who discovered the body, told KTVT-TV...Ms Whiddon told KDFW-TV that the girl was naked and bound and had a plastic grocery bag over her head.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tarp-suburban-intersection.html#ixzz2YU0Alt1g

Lots of later stories have the Walmart bag reference.

Regarding the discussion about MSM stating MM as being the bio father but KG being the "legal" father:

I am fairly certain that according to Texas law if a couple is legally married as KG and LG presumably are, the husband's name goes on the birth certificate regardless of who the bio father may be. And I am pretty sure it also happens that way if you are married to the mother in the 300 days preceding the birth of the child. There may have been no other choice but to have KG's name on the birth certificate.

Yep. When getting divorced in Texas, the judges used to (not sure if they still do) ask "are you pregnant by ANY man?" If you were, I don't know if they always would, but they could deny the divorce. And the legal husbands name would go on the birth certificate.

As are many of the judgments being made about the family because they didn't report as soon as some think they should have....

There are conflicting reports in the media about what time Alanna was last seen and by whom. It has been very confusing. Even LE said they were trying to work out a timeline.

Do you report your children missing the moment they aren't where they are supposed to be?

Thank God I haven't had this experience (yet), but when the day surely arrives that they aren't where they said they would be I expect I may go looking myself first (as KG did), make some calls...... He was out looking when he stopped the officer himself.

I may end up being wrong here, and I don't think I'd let my 6 year old roam the hood unsupervised, but we really don't know the circumstances here.

I think I would probably call immediately. However, I don't let my child wander, either, so I'm of a different parenting mindset. BUT, in the parents' defense, I have to wonder if part of the reason they didn't call the cops right away was due to their unconventional family make-up. They didn't want to get the cops, and inevitably, CPS, involved in a situation where there is a polyamorous situation going on. I'm sure people living that lifestyle try to keep off the radar.

I think I would probably call immediately. However, I don't let my child wander, either, so I'm of a different parenting mindset. BUT, in the parents' defense, I have to wonder if part of the reason they didn't call the cops right away was due to their unconventional family make-up. They didn't want to get the cops, and inevitably, CPS, involved in a situation where there is a polyamorous situation going on. I'm sure people living that lifestyle try to keep off the radar.

Hard to say as the mother seems very open about it.

To me, if you believe in something, do it. If you are ashamed, then maybe you should look at what you are doing. Does not seem like they were hiding it as the aunt knew about it and said it worked for them.

I don't know any reasons LE would ask questions about their lifestyle if searching for a missing child, I would think LE would want to know what she was wearing, a picture, where she liked to go, where she would normally go, that kind of thing.

I hope LE makes some kind of statement today. Most of the info from MSM seem to be from talking to neighbors and they all seem to say different things. A presser or formal statement would be awesome right about now.

Not sure how true that is. I know a girl who was married, and got pregnant by her BF. Before the baby was born, the BF split, and her and her husband stayed married, and are STILL married. Her little boy has her BF's last name.

You could be right, but the family seems to have numerous friends, been involved in church, neighborhood, and family activities, the kids went to public school, etc. They weren't living in a secluded commune. The worst thing I've read is that the child cried when she had to go home. I've got to take that with a grain of salt because my son cried every day when I showed up to get him from school. Every. Single. Day. And I can assure you that my son has never been miserable at home--he just loved school!

There's also the possibility that the child was thought to be at a friend's. Possibly, the parents called the friend's or went over there to get her, discovered she wasn't there, and began their search at that time. We just do not know. Nothing has indicated that this is the scenario that played out that night, but there's nothing to contradict the possibility either.

Alanna's street has been blocked off and helicopters are hovering.

Don't know what's up and nothing on the news yet.

This info is from my friend who lives very near there. She is actually very, very close to where Alanna was left.

I hope this is not much ado about nothing, but don't see how it could be.

Watching Wfaa and so far nothing. (still on reg programming)

http://www.wfaa.com/

ETA the helicopter is WFAA

Wow Captain. Can't see that a helicopter is there for nothing!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up and please keep us posted!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member