GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live 4 miles away and have been reading here soon after she was found. The other day I was talking with a friend about the lack of news on this. My friend said that she knows someone who lives nearby and does have surveillance cameras. Apparently the FBI was at this persons house for a long time reviewing tapes right after the discovery. A few days later the FBI came back and confiscated the surveillance tapes.

I know that is just hearsay but I thought I'd throw it in there.

I believe you! I hope all of these tapes lead LE to a suspect soon.

Trash is usually picked up in the morning. From what has been reported, she was last seen at either 4 or 5 pm. Trash was most likely already picked up by then.

A couple different locals independently posted that trash was still out at 1:20 when they drove by the hood.

I live 4 miles away and have been reading here soon after she was found. The other day I was talking with a friend about the lack of news on this. My friend said that she knows someone who lives nearby and does have surveillance cameras. Apparently the FBI was at this persons house for a long time reviewing tapes right after the discovery. A few days later the FBI came back and confiscated the surveillance tapes.

I know that is just hearsay but I thought I'd throw it in there.

Thanks for that. It's good to know they are working hard.

Aww, I remember little Samantha Runnion. That case was so incredibly heartwrenching. I hear you about her being posed and the trail being frequently traveled, but the killer still had a measure of privacy to do what he did.

My main point with Alanna is that her body was left in the middle of an intersection. That is extremely unusual. You've got the fact that she was left in the middle of an intersection but she was heavily covered, so you've got the public spectacle of where she was found versus the concealment of her body. We don't really know why she was left in the intersection, but we know she was concealed. She was wrapped in bags and a tarp and probably bound/restrained somehow in life and death. Working backward from what we know (the concealment of her body), this doesn't seem like someone was trying to make her discovery a spectacle. IMHO, she wasn't posed or left on display (evidenced by the fact that her body was concealed). I think the killer was just trying to get rid of her quickly.

I totally agree.

Personally, I am discounting everything they said those first few days. I believe that they thought they had this handled, had plenty of evidence to test, LE backup incl FBI, TX Rangers, etc.......

If you look at statements that came a week later:

Saginaw police are waiting for the medical examiner to finish processing evidence found at the scene where Alanna was discovered, Ing said.

“Once we get that we kind of have a little better grasp of what we’re doing,” Ing said. “It couldn’t come fast enough.”

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...questions-but-no-answers-in-girls-slaying.ece

Much more humble.

I think Ing has issues with expressing himself clearly.

To me, IMHO, he is saying once they get the medical report, they will know more on how to proceed on nailing the perp. Not that they do not know who the perp is.

And they can hardly wait to nail the

To me, IMHO, he is saying once they get the medical report, they will know more on how to proceed on nailing the perp. Not that they do not know who the perp is.

There are lots of unsolved murders of little girls. So I am not sure they know who the perp is.

Yes, I read that, but we can't speculate about parental involvement. My speculations are more geared toward stranger abductions/killings. If we were allowed to speculate about parental involvement, well, I guess I can't say more because I don't want to get in trouble.:angel:

Just responding to your comment that killers do not leave children by the side of the road.

The comments were specific to different parents because perhaps they are the most likely to do that? But, the Hillside Stranglers were not parents and they left their kills by the side of the road on total display. No cover up. They started out with victims in their 20's and went younger as time went on..

I hope you are correct.

And I agree: he is not the best communicator (IMO)!

Yes. Also, if they can't run away, teach them to go limp and kick. (Ever try to pick up a limp 2-year old? It's very difficult. An older child - it's almost impossible.) Legs can inflict more damage than arms. Kick when you can, but go limp to make it harder to be lifted up.

That works with loving adults, but someone who does not care if they hurt the child will do anything to stop that . They would slug a child, etc, whereas you would not. Not that anything would not help.

Also, if anyone points a gun at you, run away. It is hard to hit a moving target.

And once you go with someone with a gun, you are toast, so you might as well take your chances where you are.

A couple different locals independently posted that trash was still out at 1:20 when they drove by the hood.

Just wanted to add:

Local residents posted previously that in that area garbage is not required to be in containers. (Before I knew this info, I assumed there would be the herbie-curbie type of thing at each home, but that's not the case)

I took it the same way. Especially in conjunction with his remarks about how long the lab work is going to take. Unless they have significant non-forensic evidence, they aren't going to arrest anybody before the lab work comes back. Even then they're likely to choose to wait.

Possible theories:

1. Alanna was abducted by someone in a car and killed
2. Alanna was killed by a neighbor.
3. Alanna died accidentally at someone else's house and it was covered up
4. Alanna died accidentally at her own house and it was covered up
5. Alanna was killed unintentionally at someone else's house and it was covered up.
6. Alanna was killed unintentionally at her own house, and it was covered up.
7. Alanna was killed by her parents, and it was premeditated.
8. Alanna was killed by a non-family member at her house.

Anymore possibilities?

What's theories are you leaning towards?

I took it the same way. Especially in conjunction with his remarks about how long the lab work is going to take. Unless they have significant non-forensic evidence, they aren't going to arrest anybody before the lab work comes back. Even then they're likely to choose to wait.

I am not taking it that way at all. He might be waiting to see if there is any DNA evidence they could match to someone known or a database.
I don't see anything to indicate they have a primary suspect and waiting on tests to arrest him/her.

She was not yet missing at 1:20.

We do not know what time the trash was picked up, just that it was still there at 1:20, so it was not picked up in the AM as was usual.

We have heard she was seen at 2 by a grandfather?who said she was playing with his grandkids?

And we have heard 5 from the grandmother of the twins.

I do not have links for those.

I don't know......there are other cases where arrests have come pretty quickly.....one example is the little girl in Louisiana just this week. I would think that if they had someone in mind and DNA (which is most likely back by now) supported it, we'd have an arrest by now. If there's enough for charges, why wait? They can always add more (charges) later as evidence mounts..... In the event there is more than one perp, it could lead to the others, etc......

I just don't understand why they would wait if they had enough to support charges against someone at that point?

Possible theories:

1. Alanna was abducted by someone in a car and killed
2. Alanna was abducted by a neighbor and killed
3. Alanna died accidentally at someone else's house and it was covered up
4. Alanna died accidentally at her own house and it was covered up
5. Alanna was killed unintentionally at someone else's house and it was covered up.
6. Alanna was killed unintentionally at her own house, and it was covered up.
7. Alanna was killed by her parents, and it was premeditated.
8. Alanna was killed by a non-family member at her house.

Anymore possibilities?

What's theories are you leaning towards?

Only 1 to add:

9. Alanna was lured to someone else's house and killed.

I am going to guess that the friend's house Alanna asked to stay at has been fully questioned. Wonder how close or far it was from her house? If she walked back alone, at what time?

Just responding to your comment that killers do not leave children by the side of the road.

The comments were specific to different parents because perhaps they are the most likely to do that? But, the Hillside Stranglers were not parents and they left their kills by the side of the road on total display. No cover up. They started out with victims in their 20's and went younger as time went on..

I said I couldn't remember a time when a child was left on display. I realize that it has happened, but it's extremely rare. And, honestly, this could be one of those rare times, but other aspects of the case don't lead me to believe this was done intentionally in the sense that the killer was trying to create a spectacle by leaving her body there.

Most killers don't publicly display the bodies of their victims because they don't want to be caught. A lot of killers pose their victims, especially if the bodies are left at the kill site, but it's unusual for killers to leave the bodies of their victims in such an open area. Even with children who were left on the side of the road by parents, I wonder how many of those sites were ditches.

I just can't remember a child who was murdered who was left in the middle of an intersection or on a road like this (i.e. not in a ditch on the side of the road, but literally in the road).

I'm vaguely aware of the Hillside Strangler case, but I have no idea about specifics. When they left their victims in the open, did they cover them in any way?

Only 1 to add:

9. Alanna was lured to someone else's house and killed.

I am going to guess that the friend's house Alanna asked to stay at has been fully questioned. Wonder how close or far it was from her house? If she walked back alone, at what time?

I think that would go under #2? I could change it so it just says Alanna was killed by a neighbor. The difference between #1 and #2 is whether she was transported in a car while she was alive by her killer.

Are her siblings back with the parents? Are the parents back in the home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member