GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LDhummingbird was the trash pick up on Alanna's street yet when you left their home?

Maybe the perp put Alanna at Cindy Ln and Roundrock Dr b/c the trash had been picked up already. Closest street from their home with no one out, to get rid of her. Might have wanted her to be found instead of thrown in the garbage truck.

Was there a trash can nearby for the people how found her to put the bag into? I thought it was said trash cans are not used. If trash was left at curb in bags, why did it stand out so much?

I live 2 streets over and ours wasnt picked up until somewhere in between 6-8 that day

Oh, thanks! I was getting you mixed up with another poster. I haven't been on much the last day or so. Sorry about that :)

I think it's reasonable that the perp was hoping she'd be picked up by the trucks. I wish I knew more about what prompted the family to go look at the tarp. Perhaps the truck had JUST gone past and they were attending to this because it was missed and not picked up?

Given Bar2121's estimated time window for her trash pick up two streets over, the perp could have left the bundle late in the evening, after seeing that the trash hadn't been picked up yet, and then, because of the unusual location of the bundle, the trash truck left it, at which point the family who discovered it went out to get it out of the street.

The tarp was up against the curb on the side of the house, it wasn't out front. The section of Cindy Lane where Alanna was found is lined with fences. The side and back yards of houses on both sides are oriented toward Cindy for the entire block. There are no houses that face that section of road. (I know this from walking around with Google Maps) it just looks like a long corridor lined with fences. So, it would have been a mistake to leave trash there, hoping for pick up but it would also have been easier to quickly dump the bundle containing her body out the passenger door at the stop sign without being seen. Which could be why the perp dumped her as close to the corner as possible.

I described in a previous post how easy it would be to slide her out at the stop sign. It would have been very quick, and virtually invisible.

ETA: locals have said the trucks will pick up bundles either day. They apparently don't enforce the second day rule very strictly.

BBM

Maybe this isn't such a crazy dump spot as we thought. All the person had to do was check that nobody was driving or walking on the street -- probably didn't even care whether the bag was discovered because by then he would be out of the neighborhood and on his way to wherever.

I narrowly escaped being abducted in a very similar circumstance when I was four. My mom watched me walk down the street to my friend's and walk up the drive. But she couldn't see me walk to the door as the garage obstructed her view. She waited and did not see me come back up the drive so she assumed I was inside. She was wrong. I remember all of it.

We have Do Not Call and I still get calls!!!

WOW! I am so sorry to read you went through this! I don't know if as an adult you realize how very luck you are?

Do you care to share more details?

How did the person approach you? HOw did you get away?

Was it a man or a woman?

I'm very glad you are alright.

Somedays you can't win. Somedays who you trust aren't the ones to trust, I found out tonight. bummer for Alanna. May she rest in peace. I understand her mistake in trusting someone. May she be wrapped in a blanket of pure love. I can only wish her a silent death with drugs, which only her and the perp know at the moment & a soft death for Alanna.

Justice will be served. Really disgusted at some of my friends at the moment. Darn, the trusted and true. yah

If it makes you feel any better I've had a lifetime of disappointments like this. This is probably why I prefer to communicate on the internet. I can just BLOCK the mean ones.

Sorry you are going through this.

BBM

Maybe this isn't such a crazy dump spot as we thought. All the person had to do was check that nobody was droving or walking on the street -- probably didn't even care whether the bag was discovered because by then he would be out of the neighborhood and on his way to wherever.

An intersection is handy because you can check out traffic from all directions at once and if there is somebody it doesn't look very odd to be stopped at a stop sign.

Does it make more sense that the perp lives near Alanna and then took her a mile away to dump her, or that he lives near the dump site and was driving past her street when he took her? I can't decide.

I narrowly escaped being abducted in a very similar circumstance when I was four. My mom watched me walk down the street to my friend's and walk up the drive. But she couldn't see me walk to the door as the garage obstructed her view. She waited and did not see me come back up the drive so she assumed I was inside. She was wrong. I remember all of it.

Now that is terrifying!!! Someone grabbed you on your way to the door, just out of view of a watching parent! :shudder:

Was there a trash can nearby for the people how found her to put the bag into? I thought it was said trash cans are not used. If trash was left at curb in bags, why did it stand out so much?

I think they can use cans but the city doesn't provide them.

Does it make more sense that the perp lives near Alanna and then took her a mile away to dump her, or that he lives near the dump site and was driving past her street when he took her? I can't decide.

If you live nearby but are trying to get rid of evidence in a tight time window, and possibly deflect attention/investigation elsewhere......the first scenario seems rather plausible to me.

From "profiling" things I've read here, it's also more likely they crossed paths closer to her home and she was discarded (sorry honey), a bit further away (but still relatively close).

MOO

Well if we go with the theory that Alanna was familiar with her killer I suppose it makes more sense if the perp lived near Alanna. If the perp lives a mile away, they would need a reason to be in Alanna's area that afternoon.

There has got to be more to this than what they police are saying. If this poor man driving the dark mini-van was simply seen driving down the same street she lived on? NO.

This is ridiculous.

He lives one street away for crying out loud logic dictates that he very easily could be driving down her street for a number of legitimate reasons.

Like I say, when fear takes over the witch hunt begins.

LE needs to release some good solid information to calm people down.

If Alanna went to a friends house and no one was home, then I believe the crime began here. Did she meet another person at that location who was caring for the property i.e. watering, grass cutting, picking up the mail, putting out the garbage, etc. Did she decide to walk to another friend's house?

Also, is the curb where Alanna was dropped off normally the curbside where garbage would be placed? It doesn't seem so to me.

'I said, "Well, let’s pick it up, let’s put it in the trash can," you know, because we’re a clean community,' he told the Morning News.

this bothers me... maybe I'veraised some losers, but at 14 my boys woukd not have said such a thing. more like, "my mom made me go move that tarp, and..."

I follow Dr. Maurice Godwin like a groupie for a rock band.

In my opinion geographic profiling makes so much sense. I like it better than reading pure statistics on crimes.

Right now we have two critical points of information that a lot of child murder cases do not have:

1). The known location of where the victim lived.

2). The known location of where the victim was found.

3). POSSIBLE location of first contact/last seen at. And I'm going to stay with what I thought yesterday and say it's when she reached the friend's home and the friend was not home. I believe this was the critical first contact point.

http://www.drmauricegodwin.com/encounteranddeath.pdf

"This indicates that the offenders, on average, tended to make initial
contact with their victims closer to home than the locations in which they
eventually place the bodies..."

~~

'I said, "Well, let’s pick it up, let’s put it in the trash can," you know, because we’re a clean community,' he told the Morning News.

this bothers me... maybe I'veraised some losers, but at 14 my boys woukd not have said such a thing. more like, "my mom made me go move that tarp, and..."

When I saw the mom of one of the boys interviewed that's exactly what she claimed happened. She sent them to move it saying the clean community thing.

I often overhear my own son parroting me verbatim likes the comments are his own, I think that's perfectly normal.

All I got to say is there are long arrest records, not exactly a model citizen.

Then there's that.

I'm going to start praying for the LE in that area. I think they need all the help they can get.

A THOUSAND questions I'd like to post but for decency and to prevent finger pointing I will not.

Parker told CBS 11 News the FBI agent told him a Chrysler Pacifica mini-van, which looked like the one he was driving at the time, was seen on home security video driving on Alanna Gallagher’s street.

Saginaw police, however; told CBS 11 News investigators are not looking for a vehicle by that description.

Huh. Sounds like maybe the FBI and the local police aren't looking for the same thing.

So are they or aren't they looking for a Chrysler Pacifica mini-van or a vehicle like this?
Did the FBI Agent use the guys car make and model as an excuse to check him out, or was the gun drawn because they really are looking for a vehicle like this?
:facepalm:
With very little new media reports, and the Police saying nothing about the investigation or new leads - its hard to determine the facts from deflections.

I imagine it's something like this:
The van was seen on the security footage
The LE asked some neighbors about the van
The neighbors told the press about the questions being asked
LE found the van, spoke to the owner/driver who had a legitimate reason for being there and was cleared
LE isn't looking anymore, but the comment got into the news story
So now LE is stating clearly, "we're not looking for a dark colored Chrysler Van.'

Just because it drove down the street and was captured on surveillance video doesn't mean they can't find it, or that the owner/driver is in anyway involved.

They my hve wanted to sk the driver if they recall seeing anything that evening. LE probably has those answers by now and their interest in the vehicle is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member