GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish I could find the entire video interview with the teens and parents that discovered her.

Something else has been nagging at me because of something the boy & a man (maybe his dad) said... Led me to believe she was in rigor when they first found her.

bbm: That crossed my mind, too, when some were interpreting a comment to be something like "she was propped up" -- but later some said it sounded more like "she was tarped up".

I really wish I could find the entire video interview with the teens and parents that discovered her.

Something else has been nagging at me because of something the boy & a man (maybe his dad) said... Led me to believe she was in rigor when they first found her.
They used the word "decomposing". IMO this means she smelled like a rotting piece of meat and had been dead for MANY hours (not just 4 or 5 hours).
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 01 July 2013 - body found in tarp - #1

Saginaw police are close to releasing surveillance images in the slaying of 6-year-old Alanna Gallagher, NBC 5 has learned.

Gallagher's body was found wrapped in a tarp in a residential street about one mile from her Saginaw home on July 1.

Investigators have been digging through a mountain of evidence, including cellphone images and surveillance video. The surveillance video includes footage from cameras at homes in the neighborhood where Gallagher was found.

Police are searching for a red pickup truck seen in the area around the time her body was discovered. Investigators hope to release surveillance photos of the truck as early as Friday.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Images-in-Saginaw-Slaying-Case-May-Be-Released-216101751.html

Isolated means alone.
fwiw....I think LE said this case is isolated because it stands alone.
doesnt mean there is no danger lurking, just there is no other relative crime to attach it to.
separate from that, they told the neighborhood there is nothing to fear. (Not a quote, but my understanding)
I dont get how they could say that, responsibly, with decency, if they didnt know who did this!
jmo

bbm: That crossed my mind, too, when some were interpreting a comment to be something like "she was propped up" -- but later some said it sounded more like "she was tarped up".

The Dad thought it was a prop ( like Halloween prop is the way I took that)

They used the word "decomposing". IMO this means she smelled like a rotting piece of meat and had been dead for MANY hours (not just 4 or 5 hours).
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 01 July 2013 - body found in tarp - #1

Pensfan, I see that the CNN report linked in that post speaks of decomposition (says a TV station reported the body was decomposed to the point that LE had trouble determining gender ...??!! I hadn't seen this before) -- but the boys/parents who made the discovery, they didn't say anything about odor, etc., did they, in their interviews?

Saginaw police are close to releasing surveillance images in the slaying of 6-year-old Alanna Gallagher, NBC 5 has learned.

Gallagher's body was found wrapped in a tarp in a residential street about one mile from her Saginaw home on July 1.

Investigators have been digging through a mountain of evidence, including cellphone images and surveillance video. The surveillance video includes footage from cameras at homes in the neighborhood where Gallagher was found.

Police are searching for a red pickup truck seen in the area around the time her body was discovered. Investigators hope to release surveillance photos of the truck as early as Friday.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Images-in-Saginaw-Slaying-Case-May-Be-Released-216101751.html

bbm: I am very curious to know from what cellphones. One assumes they would likely examine the family's phones, but are there others that are being looked at?

Pensfan, I see that the CNN report linked in that post speaks of decomposition (says a TV station reported the body was decomposed to the point that LE had trouble determining gender ...??!! I hadn't seen this before) -- but the boys/parents who made the discovery, they didn't say anything about odor, etc., did they, in their interviews?

Not on the long video I saw. But it was described as like rubber and "prop" like.

Something else has been nagging at me because of something the boy & a man (maybe his dad) said... Led me to believe she was in rigor when they first found her. If that's true ... It throws the timeline off yet again. Rigor takes 3-4 hours to set in.

I cant remember right now why, but I too had thought of rigor when they found her.
lets remember, mom left the home a little after noon. We dont have confirmation of what time Alanna went out to play.

bbm: I am very curious to know from what cellphones. One assumes they would likely examine the family's phones, but are there others that are being looked at?

I'm curious about this too. They did take the family's cellphones and mine as well, but on my phone at least the last image of Alanna was taken over a month ago (it's my avatar and was taken the night of the family birthday celebration, so, first week of June.) and I can't think what else on my phone, if anything, would be relevant.

That leads me to believe 2 things:
-Domestic
-An accident

(MOO alert)
When she was out an about that day was she on a bike or scooter? Any neighbors currently on probation for a crime? Maybe a drunk neighbor already on probation for a DUI hit her on their way home from work and panicked. With no new info my mind is running wild! MOO IMO

I have been tossing something like this around in my mind too. Could it have started as an accident and ended as a murder? Say a vehicle hit her in a driveway and injured her, and the driver was drunk or had a bad record. The driver panics and ends up murdering her (bag, tape, restraints?). This would fit with the statements about it being an isolated case, and "one of the most complicated cases". The autopsy would have to determine the sequence of injures and COD. It also fits with the apparent hurried and random placing of her body on the street imo.

Just throwing in my interpretation of the 911 call...I hear "tarped up" especially since she was wrapped in a tarp.

I cant remember right now why, but I too had thought of rigor when they found her.
lets remember, mom left the home a little after noon. We dont have confirmation of what time Alanna went out to play.

But a dad says he saw her last around 4-5, right?

Something else has been nagging at me because of something the boy & a man (maybe his dad) said... Led me to believe she was in rigor when they first found her. If that's true ... It throws the timeline off yet again. Rigor takes 3-4 hours to set in.
Rigor starts in the smaller muscles first. (Not all of the muscles begin to show rigor mortis at the same time.)

I'm curious about this too. They did take the family's cellphones and mine as well, but on my phone at least the last image of Alanna was taken over a month ago (it's my avatar and was taken the night of the family birthday celebration, so, first week of June.) and I can't think what else on my phone, if anything, would be relevant.

Your avatar image of her is precious. I think all the pictures I have seen of her are. She was really a cutie-pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member