GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I don't have a link, I thought that was at least his second interview. Wasn't there a report that the family was questioned well into the early morning hours of July 2? Not questioning the last family member to see her alive until several days later just doesn't make sense to me...this isn't a podunk police station, it's FBI and Texas Rangers.

I don't believe that was his first interview.

Dang it. I can't find the full video anymore. It looks like it's been clipped. But he said he had been waiting for them to call him down and they had already questioned Karl & Laura, and that he assumed they were just corroborating answers.

I try not to watch too many news videos while my kids can overlook and hear, so I didn't watch this entire one, but I do know that the reporter paraphrases his comments about coming down to the station to be interviewed here: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/22799808/alanna-gallaghers-biological-father-talks-publicly

I agree that it probably wasn't the first time they'd spoken to him at all, I'm sure he spoke with LE the night following her disappearance, but this was his first solo interview, and it wasn't until July 9. More than a week after Alanna was killed.

Dang it. I can't find the full video anymore. It looks like it's been clipped. But he said he had been waiting for them to call him down and they had already questioned Karl & Laura, and that he assumed they were just corroborating answers.

I try not to watch too many news videos while my kids can overlook and hear, so I didn't watch this entire one, but I do know that the reporter paraphrases his comments about coming down to the station to be interviewed here: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/22799808/alanna-gallaghers-biological-father-talks-publicly

I agree that it probably wasn't the first time they'd spoken to him at all, I'm sure he spoke with LE the night following her disappearance, but this was his first solo interview, and it wasn't until July 9. More than a week after Alanna was killed.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Alanna-Gallaghers-Father-I-Want-Justice-214847271.html

Surely they interviewed the family members separately the first night as well.

ETA full video here
www.wfaa.com/video/featured-videos/...rl-house-gallagher-polyamorous-214914931.html

I didn't see a lot of response to this, but I definitely think you should follow up and bug LE about this. Sometimes mistakes are made and tips are ignored or overlooked. I would insist they take it seriously. Why was someone in your driveway at the wee hours of the morning? If your husband saw him go into a specific house, couldn't he be questioned as to what he was doing there? I think you should follow up until they take you seriously and show they are taking you seriously by at the very least talking to you about what you saw! JMO

Surely one of your local TV news stations has an "action" line where locals call to get help with a problem. I'd give them all the info you have and stress your very real concern (I think you may really have a piece of the puzzle.) Can you at this point file a police report about the incident as a homeowner/resident apart from the murder?
*Sometimes LE does focus on one suspect & disregard any info that doesn't fit with their preconclusion. At least you will know you have done all you could!

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Alanna-Gallaghers-Father-I-Want-Justice-214847271.html

Surely they interviewed the family members separately the first night as well.

Thanks Donjeta, however, that's still not all the original footage. In the original, they continued showing as he walked over and got into the car and he said that he had been waiting for them to call him down (I think a reporter asked, why he was called in for questioning). Then he said he thought they were probably making sure his answers were the same as Karl & Laura's.

I hope the family is provided police protection after this fire incident. This is absolutely horrible.

It's ok, I've seen the video in full and the cuts played by the local stations. I just "assumed" that they asked him all the pertinent details on the night/morning after her body was found. I "assumed" the 7/9 interview was to go over all of the evidence or information or statements from neighbors/other family members or anything else discovered in those eight days since. I mean, realistically, if he did it (which I don't think is the case at all) he's not going to be telling them the truth (so not much need for repetitive interviews) and if she walked out the door at whatever o'clock and he never saw her again, how much more info could he provide beyond what I'm sure had already been asked the night she was found?

I'm not trying to argue at all...I'm just stating what I think/feel happened. I don't believe LE is being lax or missing important "to-do's" in this case. With the lack of public information, there's just not that much to hash out, so without confirmation that something has been done thoroughly, it becomes fair game to suggest that steps are missing or time was lost or LE isn't doing a proper job. I get that. I just don't think that's the case and choose to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Let's hope there are surveillance cams.

You'd think they'd still have someone patrolling the area!
The question comes to mind, who would do it? Two fires means intentional (IMO).
The perp? (to draw more attention)
Someone just tired of all the attention there? (just plain meanness)
Some kid just trying to get attention?

Thanks Donjeta, however, that's still not all the original footage. In the original, they continued showing as he walked over and got into the car and he said that he had been waiting for them to call him down (I think a reporter asked, why he was called in for questioning). Then he said he thought they were probably making sure his answers were the same as Karl & Laura's.

That's pretty much what he says here too, starting from the beginning where he walks towards the cameras and he says he's been waiting for LE to call hm and they've already talked with the ithers and at about two minutes he says that he expects they were probably crosschecking his answers with Karl and Laura's. The videi ends with MM driving away so there wasn't anything substantial after that.

ETA oh, never mind, I had two windows open and copypasted the wrong link

Here it is

http://www.wfaa.com/video/featured-...rl-house-gallagher-polyamorous-214914931.html

0719-saginaw-alanna-fires.jpg

Picture of a burned teddy at the memorial
http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Fire-investigated-outside-murdered-girls-Saginaw-home-216143761.html

Just when you think this case can't get any weirder or any more confusing...

Is there any word on which car was set afire? If the arsonist was acting as a vigilante, why would they set fire to the memorial? If the arsonist was out to get the family, why only set one of their cars on fire?

A different possibility is that a particular car was set on fire to destroy evidence and the remnants of the memorial was set on fire to make it look like a hate crime. I'm not sure that makes a lot of sense, though, since all the cars had already been searched.

The second pic is of 4 "officers" standing over the teddy bear (can't get pic to post, sorry). The only clearly identifiable one is a "Fire/Arson Investigator" from Bedford (another FW 'burb)......

WTH is going on around here? There was nothing about this on the newscast this morning - only that surveillance tape may be released today (which we already knew).

The car was parked near the garage door and nearly caught the house on fire. It's my opinion that the arsonist wanted to set the house on fire too. Thank God a neighbor saw it before it did.

ok wth Saginaw? I thought it was a sleepy suburb. I would be trying to find somewhere else to live. That is crazy.

OMG, who burns teddy bears? That is the most disturbing thing. This poor family is being tormented.

I doubt that the fire was set by the murderer. More likely people who think the family is guilty, or people who think their lifestyle needs to be judged. Or people who get a sick thrill out of attention.

Can't help but wonder about a particular resident who has an arrest record and has been interviewed in the media in relation to this incident recently.

If the "perp " did it it seems to me that would indicate issues with the family. Interesting.

Is there any word on which car was set afire? If the arsonist was acting as a vigilante, why would they set fire to the memorial? If the arsonist was out to get the family, why only set one of their cars on fire?

A different possibility is that a particular car was set on fire to destroy evidence and the remnants of the memorial was set on fire to make it look like a hate crime. I'm not sure that makes a lot of sense, though, since all the cars had already been searched.

Any evidence in the murder was collected long ago. We know the cars were searched, and vacuumed multiple times.

The reason only one car was set on fire, is because (guessing here) the other two were in the garage, and someone on the street couldn't get to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx