TX TX - Alexandria Lowitzer, 16, Spring, 26 April 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we're going to head out to the fundraiser if we can shuffle around some things on our schedule today. It's not far away, and it'd be nice to be able to help somehow.

I was thinking about Ali yesterday...I wonder if she will ever be found; probably not alive, as I never believed she left on her own. I hope they can raise the funds to do whatever they believe might help. I just wish there was more to go on and had been greater interest from LE at the start.

Kick for Ali. No new news. So damn sad. A recent article said that she's considered a runaway. Grrrrr.

The Harris County Sheriff's Department considers the teen a probable runaway because there's no evidence of foul play.

But her father insists Alexandria did not runaway.

"She had a good home life," John Lowitzer says.

The Sheriff's Department has assigned only one investigator to the case because there is no evidence to pursue.

"It' frustrating," Lowitzer says.

I am most interested in the two young unidentified females who were seen talking to Ali in the burger place across from her school. I wonder if they ever came forward ? If not, I wonder why ? I also wonder if they set her up to be lured ? It's intriguing that there are so many young girls vanishing around the Houston area. Have any of them ever been found ? I'm thinking it could be a ring... it's so close to the border... Just a thought...

All JMO

I was at the benefit and it was a great success! I was so happy to see all the people there! I live near Ali and the place where the benefit was held. Everyone I know is looking for Ali, and remembering her family in thought and prayers. They have increased the reward with a portion of the benefit funds :)

I also want to mention that I worked for the census this past summer (4 months) and kept my eyes open for any signs of Ali. I worked in a 10 mile radius of her residence.
... I continue to remain hopeful!

http://www.hcnonline.com/articles/2010/10/20/champions_sun/news/102710_missing_ch.txt

She finally went over to Alexandria’s boyfriend’s house only to discover that he had been suffering the same road block, she said.
--
“It’s been terrible. Not knowing is the worse feeling for me,” Jo Ann Lowitzer said in between sobs. “I have to have hope and keep doing anything and everything I can do to find her.”

She has remained true to her word and has enlisted 100 volunteers for ground searches, hosted local benefits, kayaked through Cypress Creek, made calendars and even devoted a page to her daughter’s discovery on Facebook.

With the help of friends and neighbors, the Lowitzer family has been able to raise and offer a $10,000 reward in Alexandria’s honor.

I am most interested in the two young unidentified females who were seen talking to Ali in the burger place across from her school. I wonder if they ever came forward ? If not, I wonder why ? I also wonder if they set her up to be lured ? It's intriguing that there are so many young girls vanishing around the Houston area. Have any of them ever been found ? I'm thinking it could be a ring... it's so close to the border... Just a thought...

All JMO

Do you happen to know which burger place? There's no place just across from the school. There's a freeway in front of it. The closest places would be past a water park, and that would be a McD's and Wendy's. The place Ali worked is a good bit away from the high school.

http://www.hcnonline.com/articles/2010/10/20/champions_sun/news/102710_missing_ch.txt

She finally went over to Alexandria’s boyfriend’s house only to discover that he had been suffering the same road block, she said.
--
“It’s been terrible. Not knowing is the worse feeling for me,” Jo Ann Lowitzer said in between sobs. “I have to have hope and keep doing anything and everything I can do to find her.”

She has remained true to her word and has enlisted 100 volunteers for ground searches, hosted local benefits, kayaked through Cypress Creek, made calendars and even devoted a page to her daughter’s discovery on Facebook.

With the help of friends and neighbors, the Lowitzer family has been able to raise and offer a $10,000 reward in Alexandria’s honor.

I wish so much for this girl to be found. I hike a lot and I'm always scanning the woods when I do. There aren't that many wooded areas left, but some that are tend to be quite thick with underbrush. You just never know...and even back when I was a kid parts of Cypress Creek got a bit scary. We were forbidden to play along there after a while...and never EVER near dark.

There's Burger King and Sonic right across from the school(on cypresswood)...

....but I still believe this case is connected with the Burger Barn (which is now closed)
I sooooo hope they investigated that place properly...

There's Burger King and Sonic right across from the school(on cypresswood)...

....but I still believe this case is connected with the Burger Barn (which is now closed)
I sooooo hope they investigated that place properly...

Ohh, I was thinking on the 45 side, and over towards splashtown. :doh: So much has built up around here and I haven't explored that side of 45 much since moving back.

How long ago did Burger Barn close?

...a couple of months ago...I was calling in about that whole corner on cypresswood...it seemed to turn into a red light district of some sorts...there were shady things going on around the burger barn,a x rated video store opened right next to it...right next to the neighborhood pool and next to a church !!! ....after it was reported to authorities they took the X off the name but it was allowed to open,they have illegal gaming going on in the back of that place as well,actually many places up and down treaschwig,at least I see a lot of raids going on now on Friday and Saturday nights,lots of cars being pulled over,but I just have a gut feeling that Ali gone missing has to do with all that shady activity in the area...

...a couple of months ago...I was calling in about that whole corner on cypresswood...it seemed to turn into a red light district of some sorts...there were shady things going on around the burger barn,a x rated video store opened right next to it...right next to the neighborhood pool and next to a church !!! ....after it was reported to authorities they took the X off the name but it was allowed to open,they have illegal gaming going on in the back of that place as well,actually many places up and down treaschwig,at least I see a lot of raids going on now on Friday and Saturday nights,lots of cars being pulled over,but I just have a gut feeling that Ali gone missing has to do with all that shady activity in the area...

You are probably right about that. It's getting pretty scary in parts of Spring. I'm across 45, and just this week a pretty nasty home invasion occurred in my neighborhood. This followed a few mid day break-ins and multiple car vandalisms. It's a nice, family friendly neighborhood, too. Hubby says the freeway being so close makes this place a good target. Great.

There are too many shopping centers built up, then abandoned that probably contribute to problems like that corner lot. (and i wonder why i ever moved back here...)

http://www.click2houston.com/news/25533317/detail.html

By Nefertiti Jaquez
POSTED: Wednesday, October 27, 2010
UPDATED: 5:20 am CDT October 27, 2010

SPRING, Texas -- A Spring family is praying for a teenager's safe return six months after she disappeared.

John and JoAnn Lowitzer said their inconsolable pain has turned into fear and frustration.

Slideshow at link.

I posted on my facebook! I live near Ali and her family in Spring, and continue to look for her every day. I pray she is safely found and brought home soon!

Ok, I was watching unsolved mysteries and in the Houston area there were many missing girls found murdered. I wonder if this is related.

For some reason, LE believes Ali is a runaway - I hope they are right and she returns home soon. She has been gone far too long. I remain hopeful and ask the Lord to protect her from harm.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7018939.html

Lowitzer said he believes investigators think Ali ran off because entries in a journal found in her bedroom indicated she had contemplated running away. But Lowitzer maintains Ali wrote such comments in could have been written as many as three years ago.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office, which pulled its homicide division into the case early last week as a “fresh pair of eyes” on the case, is “looking into it non-stop,” said Christina Garza, manager of media relations.

more......

That Monday afternoon before she vanished, Ali called her mother and said she didn't have a key to their home in the Postwood subdivision and was going to walk to the Burger Barn on Cypresswood about a quarter-mile away to pick up her paycheck.
That was odd because Ali had never trekked the distance before.

The good news is the homicide unit is looking at the case, but from this news article, I can understand why LE felt she was a runaway at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SleuthyMcSnoop