Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020 #2 *suspect commits suicide*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So why did they say they needed toxicology reports? If they knew she was strangled, how does what she may have ingested/consumed relate to her murder? I understand wanting to have a full picture of what happened but drunk or high or sober didn’t contribute to her death.
Nobody official actually said that.
Toxicology reports are standard procedure in every autopsy.
First she had a preliminary autopsy, second stage is to send relative tissues organs and body fluids off to laboratories for analysis.
We don't actually have the full report.
This is just a single line in what is in all Likelihood a much longer report.

So why did they say they needed toxicology reports? If they knew she was strangled, how does what she may have ingested/consumed relate to her murder? I understand wanting to have a full picture of what happened but drunk or high or sober didn’t contribute to her death.
I suppose they didn't know the COD at the time so they ordered a full autopsy and since this is faster, it came up now and well, the toxicology report won't be important anymore but it will come back at some point.
Being sober or drunk/high out of your mind has nothing to do with being murdered by strangulation, unless the perpetrator benefitted from the state of the victim, that's the only scenario where I can see it being somewhat important.

Did someone do this to her before?!

This was from an article right after she died. BBM

A friend who spoke with The Daily Beast claimed Sharkey was going through a divorce. She allegedly told friends that she and her husband, Tom Sharkey, were basically separated even though they lived in the same apartment. (It is unclear whether the couple had formally filed for divorce.)

During the trip last month, Alexis Sharkey reportedly revealed her husband was abusing her.

“Throughout the trip, he was sending really awful, nasty messages to her,” the friend said.

“But one night when she and I were talking alone she said, ‘He strangles me and chokes me out and I blackout and wake up on the bathroom floor every single time.’”

Instagram influencer had argument with abusive husband before her nude body was found in bushes: Reports

Maybe LE did not want the suspect to know that they knew she was murdered and how. Imo

Carotid artery compression would take a lot of histology and chemistry in order to be sure...

There are several different types of chokes which we utilize in martial arts...none of which would cause damage to the hyoid bone, the bone whose damage is usually associated with strangulation murders.

<modsnip>

(obligatory: do not try this at home, duh)

Last edited by a moderator:
MOD NOTE:
The news that Alexis Sharkey’s death has been ruled a homicide by strangulation does NOT give permission to discuss any particular person’s possible involvement in this crime. NO ONE has been named a POI or suspect in this tragedy, thus, according to Websleuths’ TOS, NO ONE can be discussed as having possible involvement. Thinly-veiled accusations and implications directed at a specific person are not allowed at this time. If you post in violation of this, especially if you are an active longtime member who should know our rules well, you may find your posting privileges severely limited and possibly gone. Please post respectfully and responsibly according to the TOS we ALL agreed to when we joined.

Rule of thumb is that you leave nothing to chance in these investigations.

Playing Devil's Advocate while we ponder and wait.... If she was a 'drunk' (or addicted to any type of drug) as the husband insinuated, is it possible these events of waking up on the floor of the bathroom are from blackout situations? This is not meant to victim shame, but to make sense of what she allegedly told her friends.

I keep coming back to this scenario because I am not sure why she would end up there. Assuming they were in the bed when this happens, does that mean she was carried to the bathroom each time she lost consciousness? Or they just happened to always be in the bathroom when she was allegedly choked?

MOO I may have went down a rabbit hole trying to convince myself to not assume the most obvious scenario.

This was from an article right after she died. BBM

A friend who spoke with The Daily Beast claimed Sharkey was going through a divorce. She allegedly told friends that she and her husband, Tom Sharkey, were basically separated even though they lived in the same apartment. (It is unclear whether the couple had formally filed for divorce.)

During the trip last month, Alexis Sharkey reportedly revealed her husband was abusing her.

“Throughout the trip, he was sending really awful, nasty messages to her,” the friend said.

“But one night when she and I were talking alone she said, ‘He strangles me and chokes me out and I blackout and wake up on the bathroom floor every single time.’”

Instagram influencer had argument with abusive husband before her nude body was found in bushes: Reports

The COD tells me all I need to know.

Playing Devil's Advocate while we ponder and wait.... If she was a 'drunk' (or addicted to any type of drug) as the husband insinuated, is it possible these events of waking up on the floor of the bathroom are from blackout situations? This is not meant to victim shame, but to make sense of what she allegedly told her friends.

I keep coming back to this scenario because I am not sure why she would end up there. Assuming they were in the bed when this happens, does that mean she was carried to the bathroom each time she lost consciousness? Or they just happened to always be in the bathroom when she was allegedly choked?

MOO I may have went down a rabbit hole trying to convince myself to not assume the most obvious scenario.

I don't think it happened the way your hoping it did.

I'm on websleuths so long now that I am hesitant still...
LE most likely have had that information for quite some time, I imagine it was visible on preliminary autopsy.
But no arrests..
Yet.
Why not?
I am right there with you....I have not been on here as long, however, I have a few thoughts about this strangulation being COD.
I figured that would be COD.
I am sitting on my hands now as the dynamics have changed up a bit, IMO
I am just trying to stay open minded as my first instinct is usually right, however, well, this is where I hesitate....I am keeping an open mind. JMO

Because any young person, especially one found naked on the side of the road, is considered a suspicious or not natural cause of death.
I know of young people who died at HOME---yet because they are young, no known health issues, they do an autopsy and toxicology report.

Wow! I am in pain for her loved ones but so ecstatic that there’s a COD!

After someone is hurt at the hands of another, waking up elsewhere is a grim reminder of the control the other is commanding.
Specifically, coming-to on cold tile floors would be a brutal message of their capability.

Since it was discussed that her body seemed really clean, I wonder if any cadaverine dogs alerted anywhere like someone’s bathroom.

I’m hopeful that the digital forensics investigation is fruitful and provides enough for an arrest warrant!

all moo!

Strangulation would be easy if the victim is already passed out drunk etc..... I hope there is an arrest soon. Poor Alexis.

Given that there is no toxicology, are you just assuming she was passed out drunk because her husband said she was intoxicated when she tried to leave?

I'm so glad that there is a cause of death, and it's not a drug overdose because frankly I don't really know why there was so much speculation that this poor woman overdosed when there was no evidence of drug abuse. Was it simply because she was a social media influencer and young and attractive?

Now the path to justice can begin.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back