Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020 #2 *suspect commits suicide*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did he shoot himself as they were walking up to the door?

No, he ran upstairs and did it according to the Daily Beast (which isn't the best news source in my opinion).

At approximately 10 p.m. on Tuesday, the fugitive task force was initially able to speak with Tom Sharkey but he “avoided them and ran upstairs...and he took his own life using a firearm.”

“No one else is suspected of any involvement in the case. No one else is under investigation,” Burrow added on Wednesday. “We have clear evidence that Mr. Sharkey acted alone.”

Husband ‘Wanted’ for Instagram Influencer’s Murder Kills Himself as Authorities Close In

No, he ran upstairs and did it according to the Daily Beast (which isn't the best news source in my opinion).

At approximately 10 p.m. on Tuesday, the fugitive task force was initially able to speak with Tom Sharkey but he “avoided them and ran upstairs...and he took his own life using a firearm.”

“No one else is suspected of any involvement in the case. No one else is under investigation,” Burrow added on Wednesday. “We have clear evidence that Mr. Sharkey acted alone.”

Husband ‘Wanted’ for Instagram Influencer’s Murder Kills Himself as Authorities Close In

so it sounds like he had no idea they were coming. He gets blindsided and has to talk to them. Did he send his daughter out as a diversion so he could get upstairs and kill himself? If they were there talking to him how did he end up dead upstairs before they could stop him?

Janelle Bludau
@JanelleKHOU

BREAKING: U.S. Marshals confirm Tom Sharkey was wanted for the November murder of his wife Alexis Sharkey. Marshals went to a home where he was staying in Florida. After knocking & announcing themselves, they found Tom Sharkey dead with a gunshot wound to the head. ⁦
@KHOU

Well, dang. I had stopped suspecting him at all. What a horrible mess this murderer left behind. I feel so awful for his daughter now.

So he murdered Alexis and left her naked body on the side of the street. Then killed himself in his daughters home.

Coward !

so it sounds like he had no idea they were coming. He gets blindsided and has to talk to them. Did he send his daughter out as a diversion so he could get upstairs and kill himself? If they were there talking to him how did he end up dead upstairs before they could stop him?
He was in her house, probably expected the inevitable and had decided in advance on his course of action.
I believe LE announced their presence, doesn't take long to run upstairs and hit that pre-prepared trigger and POOOP... kingdom come instantly.
Thing is , prison means living... he chose death for himself. Why?

He was in her house, probably expected the inevitable and had decided in advance on his course of action.
I believe LE announced their presence, doesn't take long to run upstairs and hit that pre-prepared trigger and POOOP... kingdom come instantly.

I’d venture a guess he had remorse from being caught and only from being caught. If he had remorse from killing her he’d have chosen to end his life sooner. MOO

My “why” is…why did he kill himself in his daughters house? He really is a cold hearted *advertiser censored*. The trauma she is going to live with. Not to mention she’s probably gonna have to move now. Selfish.

What kind of person commits murder in his own daughter’s house?

I’m glad he is dead that way he will never be on parole and walking the streets. It also saves a lot of government’s money. We will never know the small minutiae of the murder but also he might never have talked.

My “why” is…why did he kill himself in his daughters house? He really is a cold hearted *advertiser censored*. The trauma she is going to live with. Not to mention she’s probably gonna have to move now. Selfish.

Not to mention the mess it made is on her to clean up. That's unimaginable. Unless she has enough money to hire someone to do it. I'd think that could get spendy. Poor woman.

What kind of person commits murder in his own daughter’s house?

I’m glad he is dead that way he will never be on parole and walking the streets. It also saves a lot of government’s money. We will never know the small minutiae of the murder but also he might never have talked.
The type that kills his wife for wanting a divorice. Sounds like a case of "If I can't have her no one can".

I knew it was the estranged husband, and it would only be a matter of time until they amassed enough evidence to prove probable cause and go forward with an arrest.

Those who aren't familiar with how real life criminal cases proceed often think an arrest has to be made within a few weeks -or- the case has gone cold and LE is ignoring the case altogether. Typical complaining on social media about incompetent police and all of that.

The husband was said, by what Alexis told her friends, to be a bully, and physically abusive. I only wish she had managed to get away from him and not continue living where he could get her.

He did take the coward's way out for sure, but at the same time he gave himself "the death penalty."

Oh wow! Took long enough. I wonder what evidence they managed to accumulate finally that led to them attempting to take him into custody. I'm kind of surprised that he was unwilling to face charges and possibly do some time in prison considering his image. I guess what they say about people who habitually abuse women is true.

From looking at photos of the estranged husband, I've wondered if he was a user of anabolic steroids.

"Abuse of anabolic steroids may lead to aggression and other psychiatric problems, for example. Although many users report feeling good about themselves while on steroids, extreme mood swings can also occur, including manic-like symptoms and anger ("roid rage") that may lead to violence. Researchers have also observed that users may suffer from paranoid jealousy, extreme irritability, delusions, and impaired judgment stemming from feelings of invincibility."
Anabolic Steroids Information & More

Not to mention the mess it made is on her to clean up. That's unimaginable. Unless she has enough money to hire someone to do it. I'd think that could get spendy. Poor woman.

Like crime scene clean up? I believe there are specific companies that come in and clean up after LE are done. That is a job you can actually apply for.

I never saw him as a prime suspect.
I saw zero evidence connecting him to her death just loads of speculation based upon alleged friends' accounts.
I thought it was quite possibly somebody she had met at a bar the night she was in her friend's house..
I wonder what evidence they had or will we ever know now?
I can't disagree with your post. In my mind is was pretty obvious that he PROBABLY did it, but I guess that was based on a lot of speculation and zero concrete evidence.

Im a little rusty on the facts of this case, but there seemed to be a lot of damning speculation. You had the friends' stories about him choking her. Rumors of a pending divorce. Did he refuse to identify her body? He didn't claim her body when LE was ready to release it? I don't think he reported her missing, but she was found rather quickly.

To me, the biggest thing was his story of her jumping the patio fence and hopping in a waiting car and being driven away. Not impossible, but just seemed SO unlikely. And wouldn't there be phone or text records of her arranging this ride? I can't remember, did they find her phone? Did she leave it at home when she "left"? If so, that's another red flag. Not to mention the statistics of the last person to see someone alive.

But, with all that said, it comes down to actual evidence, and I have no idea what LE actually has.

JMO

Last edited:
I can't disagree with your post. In my mind is was pretty obvious that he PROBABLY did it, but I guess that was based on a lot of speculation and zero concrete evidence.

Im a little rusty on the facts of this case, but there seemed to be a lot of damning speculation. You had the friends' stories about him choking her. Rumors of a pending divorce. Did he refuse to identify her body? He didn't claim her body when LE was ready to release it? I don't think he reported her missing, but she was found rather quickly.

To me, the biggest thing was his story of her jumping the patio fence and hopping in a waiting car and being driven away. Not impossible, but just seemed SO unlikely. And wouldn't there be phone or text records of her arranging this ride? I can't remember, did they find her phone? Did she leave it at home when she "left"? If so, that's another red flag. Not to mention the statistics of the last person to see someone alive.

But, with all that said, it comes down to actual evidence, and I have no idea what LE actually has.

JMO

RBBM

I do recall something about hopping over the fence. This is what he said about her leaving that evening:

We didn't fight when she left. I just told her she couldn't drive under the influence," said Tom. "She left anyhow. This is where we're at."

ETA (since I forgot. lol) was that is very different than a waiting car taking her away.
Alexis Sharkey murder: Thomas Sharkey, husband of social media influencer, was wanted in her death

Last edited:
To me it was obvious from the beginning that he would be, and was, LE's prime suspect. They don't announce POIs/suspects. The public isn't told until there's a break in the case like an arrest or, as in this case, a final outcome. The intimate partner, especially estranged, is naturally going to be looked at closely and completely until detectives can clear that person. That's standard investigation 101.

What the public sees is little to nothing. Cases are solved with a lot of work behind the scenes. LE doesn't share details of their case, and they don't disclose their evidence if they don't need to.

I couldn't help but note the police spokesman said social media makes their job harder. Consider when you have many thousands of people who think they're "working the case" from their couch, trying to instruct the detectives with suggestions like, "you should look for DNA on the body," or "make sure you check her phone," it creates a mass of flotsam that clogs the investigation.

Too bad it ended this way. LE did as well as they could, keeping the investigation quiet, ensuring the arrest warrant stayed secret, and making sure no one knew including TS they were on their way to get him. TS was waiting for the other shoe to drop, knew it would at some point, and was determined not to be taken alive.

RBBM

I do recall something about hopping over the fence. This is what he said about her leaving that evening:

We didn't fight when she left. I just told her she couldn't drive under the influence," said Tom. "She left anyhow. This is where we're at."

ETA (since I forgot. lol) was that is very different than a waiting car taking her away.
Alexis Sharkey murder: Thomas Sharkey, husband of social media influencer, was wanted in her death
The "hopping the fence and getting into a car" was from an early report by two of her friends who said that is what TS told them. I guess their word is not necessarily proof. I do think it is proven that her jeep was still at her apartment complex.

I started re-reading the first thread but didn't make it far enough to see anything about her purse, wallet, and phone. I would think it would seem even more damning to him if those items were found in the apartment.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back