TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020-MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE-NO DISCUSSION

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Timeline
Alexis Sharkey: What we know happened before Houston influencer's death
snipped
Saturday, Nov. 28

Around 8 a.m., a City of Houston public works employee driving in the 1000 block of Red Haw, near the Katy Freeway and Eldridge Parkway, saw feet in the bushes, HPD detectives say.

That's when a naked woman's body was discovered. The woman, believed to be in her 20s, had no visible injuries.

Authorities said they believe her body had been there overnight
---
On this same day, Sharkey's mom, Stacey Robinault, posted on Facebook that Sharkey was missing. Robinault said she found out about Sharkey's disappearance through her son-in-law, Tom Sharkey.

Tom said he hadn't heard from her since Friday.

"We were notified on Saturday that she was missing by her husband," Robinault said. "(He) called us up to let us know, and that's when, of course, any parent goes into full panic mode."
---

Sunday, Nov. 29

Robinault first spoke to ABC13 on Sunday, saying that her daughter went missing two days prior.

Robinault, who lives in northwestern Pennsylvania, explained that she had not spoken with her daughter since just before Thanksgiving. She said the two were discussing Christmas plans on Wednesday.

Sadly by Sunday night, Robinault's worst fear came to pass. She posted again on Facebook, this time announcing that her daughter's body had been found.

Monday, Nov. 30

Houston police confirmed Monday morning that the body found over the weekend was that of Sharkey.

Robinault spoke to ABC13 again, saying she believes her daughter was murdered.

"I do. I do believe she was murdered. Yes. From what I've been able to gather as well as a mother's gut. I learned very young as a mom to trust my gut. It's not let me down," said Robinault.

---
Later Monday, ABC13 spoke to some of Sharkey's close friends, who revealed she mentioned fearing for her safety before she died.

The discussion between Sharkey and a friend happened about a month ago during their trip to Marfa, Texas.

"She confided in me that night ... she's petrified," a friend said. "This girl is scared for her life."

Despite her sunny online persona, multiple friends said the 26-year-old had a troubled relationship with her new husband, Tom Sharkey, whom she married in December.

“Her and her husband were going through a divorce,” one friend said. The decision to end her marriage, the friend said, came after a girls’ trip to Marfa, Texas, last month, where Sharkey claimed her husband “had been putting hands on her.”

“Throughout the trip, he was sending really awful, nasty messages to her,” the friend said. “But one night when she and I were talking alone she said, ‘He strangles me and chokes me out and I blackout and wake up on the bathroom floor every single time.’”
‘Incredible Loss’: Instagram Influencer Found Dead Along Houston Road

By @MoeInVA - TIMELINE

Timeline:

WEDNESDAY Spoke to mother Wednesday about Xmas plans

THURSDAY Last seen by other than spouse (that we know of).
  • Spent Thanksgiving at friend Tanya R’s with others there too (per Tanya interview and photo media published reportedly taken Thursday which is the last photo of AS that Tanya knows of). Implied is that AS left Thursday night. No mention of AS spending the night or of friends seeing her anytime after Thanksgiving.
  • “Tanya said Alexis spent Thanksgiving at her house and they made plans to watch movies with other friends all day on Saturday. The last time they spoke was around 6 p.m. Friday.” 'She was always happy' | Alexis Sharkey remembered by friends | khou.com
  • Mom texted with AS
FRIDAY Unknown time - Co-workers notice she is not posting on Black Friday
FRIDAY 6pm- Stopped responding to messages from friends
FRIDAY Unknown time - Last seen at apartment complex by TS
  • "Alexis Sharkey was last seen the day after Thanksgiving at her apartment complex."
  • Sharkey said when he last saw his wife, he warned her not to drive.
    "She understood me. I understood her. We didn't fight when she left. I just told her she couldn't drive under the influence," said Sharkey. "She left anyhow. This is where we're at." Husband of Houston Instagram influencer says he's receiving death threats
FRIDAY Unknown time before 11pm - TS texts John

FRIDAY 11 PM - John calls TS and reports that TS said AS left after argument and he doesn't know where she went (per CT)

SATURDAY 8:30 AM- AS body found naked in bush by public works worker.
SATURDAY ALL DAY - was supposed to watch movies all day with friends including Tanya. Missed plans. No responses to calls/ texts. Friends group text and no one has heard from AS.
SATURDAY 12:30PM - Tanya and Desiree go to apartment. No one answered door at apt. They wait outside her apt for "hours".
SATURDAY Unknown time before 9 pm - TS and Tanya both contact the parents of AS about missing status and the friends file a missing person's report with police.
  • "A police report has been filed by her friends, and her husband has been notified."
    UPDATE: Body of 26-year-old woman found in Houston, family says
  • also from this early article:
  • "Sharkey was last in contact with her friends at 6 p.m., and no one has heard from her since, according to her mother. .... Her mother said there was an argument and she left and didn’t take her car."

She is someone that is a lot of fun to be around,” Robinault said. “Everybody keeps saying the same things… ‘She was so much fun. She made everything so much fun.'”

“She was extremely active in high school athletics and National Honor Society,” Robinault said.

She graduated third in her class at Youngsville High School in 2012. Her analytical, logical, and reasoning mind helped her be accepted into the pharmacy program at Duquesne. But, it also made her see the financial benefits of staying closer to home.

She decided to attend the University of Pittsburgh at Bradford and, in 2016, graduated summa *advertiser censored* laude with a degree in biology.

“In college, she was inducted into Pitt’s Top 2 percent every year,”Robinault said. “She was a really strong student and really driven.”

Youngsville native remembered as vibrant, hard working

ABC13 Steve Campion
Friends of Alexis Sharkey say they’re rescheduling her celebration of life. It will not be tomorrow at Buffalo Bayou Park. They asked me to share that information. They’ll pass along new plans when they’re able to. Thinking of all those close to Lex who say they’re fighting for justice. ❤️ We’ll continue to follow her story. -Steve

ABC13-Steve Campion

Eyewitness News learned homicide detectives asked some of those close to the case, not to talk about it publicly as they launch a probe into Sharkey's life and death. We've also learned investigators are looking into Sharkey's marriage as part of their efforts to determine what happened to the 26-year-old known for her Instagram presence.

Friends say Alexis Sharkey was worried about her safety and broke down during trip

——-

"'[Tom Sharkey] was in the oil field, and I think she worked at a local bar [in Odessa, TX] for a little bit so I think they just crossed paths that way,' Norling-Martin said."
"Norling-Martin said the two moved to Grand Junction, Colorado for about four months in 2019."​
"Norling-Martin said the couple moved to Houston this January [2020]."​

The medical examiner is going to play a key role, and that (autopsy) will tell us a lot,” Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo told the Chronicle on Tuesday evening. “We always start in these matters casting a wide net as if it’s a homicide, because you want to start with a wide net and not play catch up later on.”

He added: “We’re going to leave no stone unturned to get to the facts and the truth, but we can’t let social media drive the narrative and we can’t let speculation drive the narrative.”

Acevedo declined to release further details, saying it could jeopardize the investigation.

Friends, family mourn social media influencer with Bradford ties found dead in Houston

Summary by @HouDat

1) Car was seen on surveillance from nearby beauty supply business's camera;
2) Retired forensics expert speculates a drug overdose is a possibility, given the way she was found (nude, dumped in a somewhat visible manner); or poisoning; or smothering
3) Local LE advises all to follow their Twitter for latest updates on the case
4) LE is concerned about the possibility of an uninvolved party claiming involvement after gathering specifics from info found in the media (including social media)

Alexis Sharkey's life in Odessa | khou.com
Snipped

“I ended up being her trainer at Twins," a former coworker, who asked us not to identify her, said. “We kind of clicked, and it turned into us hanging out all the time.”

Before Sharkey moved to Houston, she lived in Odessa, where she worked at Twin Peaks.

"At the time, her and her ex-fiancé were not doing so good, so I kind of stepped in, helped her get out of that," Sharkey's friend said.

She says it was her who helped introduce Sharkey to her husband, Tom.

"He was one of our regulars, he’d come in ... talk to us, make us laugh, you know? They clicked. Watching them click, they’re laughing, they’re smiling and I was like, 'alright,'" Sharkey's friend said.

Sharkey eventually moved.......

None of us have been able to grieve’: Alexis Sharkey’s friends seek answer in death of social media influencer
snipped
‘None of us have been able to grieve’: Alexis Sharkey’s friends seek answer in death of social media influencer
Bill Barajas, Reporter

Published: December 3, 2020, 8:56 pm
Turnbow said she first became aware of Sharkey’s disappearance the night before her body was found when her boyfriend received a call from Tom Sharkey, Alexis Sharkey’s husband.

“He just said, you know, ‘Lex, she left the house. We got into an argument. I don’t know what’s going on. Can you have the girls reach out to me?’” Turnbow said.

Turnbow said Alexis Sharkey’s body was found not long after that phone call.

The Harris County Medical Examiner said that it is still working to determine how Alexis Sharkey died. Investigators have said there were no visible wounds.

Turnbow said a memorial scheduled for Thursday has been rescheduled to allow law enforcement a chance to fully investigate the case.
More at link

Alexis Sharkey's sister speaks out about her death
snipped
Alexis Sharkey's sister speaks out about her death
By Steve Campion
Thursday, December 3, 2020 5:49PM
<iframe width="476" height="267" src="https://abc13.com/video/embed/?pid=8471984" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- The younger sister of Alexis Sharkey told Eyewitness News she wants her sibling remembered as a businesswoman, not a social media sensation. Tobi Robinault spoke out about her family's devastating loss.

"Throw it away. She actually hated that word. She wasn't an 'influencer.' She was a businesswoman," said Robinault. "Honestly, I know it's the way she's being spoken about ... that she was an 'influencer,' but I feel like she would have honestly hated that title so much. She wasn't trying to influence anything. She was a smart, savvy, successful businesswoman. That's how I want everyone to remember her."

Robinault's conversation with ABC13 comes as mystery and unanswered questions linger over Sharkey's death investigation.

TIMELINE: What we know happened before Alexis Sharkey's death
8416966_120120-alexis-sharkey-tn.jpg

Alexis Sharkey moved to Houston with her husband earlier in 2020. Now, she's gone, and family and friends are looking for answers. This looks at what happened before her death.

Houston police haven't said foul play is suspected in the case. They've remained tight-lipped about the investigation, even directly telling those close to the case not to talk about it publicly. They said any developments in the case will be posted to their Twitter page.

----
"It hurts me so much. She was such a fun, happy person. Who had so much anger in them that they could do this to her?"

RELATED: Husband of Houston Instagram influencer says he's receiving death threats
8420791_120120-ktrk-ewn-4pm-campion-sharkey-husband-gl-vid.jpg

Tom Sharkey says Alexis wasn't always the happy person she portrayed on social media and revealed the last conversation he had with his wife.
--------
She said she visited Alexis and her husband Tom Sharkey out in west Texas earlier this year.

"I went down last spring and I spent a long weekend with them," said Robinault. "They seemed happy."

Follow Steve Campion on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
more at link

Alexis Sharkey's Disturbing Death: Exploring the Truth About Her Last Days as Mom, Pals Insist Foul Play - E! Online
Alexis Sharkey's Disturbing Death: Exploring the Truth About Her Last Days as Mom, Pals Insist Foul Play
The naked body of Alexis Sharkey was found Nov. 28 on the side of a Houston road, resulting in countless questions as authorities await her cause of death and continue to investigate.
By Natalie Finn Dec 08, 2020 1:30 PM
snipped
Cause of death remains pending following the outcome of an autopsy conducted by the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences. While there were no visible wounds on her body when she was found, according to police, they are in no way ruling out the possibility of foul play at this time.

"We always start in these matters casting a wide net as if it's a homicide, because you want to start with a wide net and not play catch-up later on," Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo told the Houston Chronicle Dec. 2.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back