GUILTY TX - Alijah Mullis, 3 mos, stomped to death, Galveston, 29 Jan 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This strikes me as being heavy handed, considering the fact that this woman lost her newborn. On top of that, he had a legal right to see his child. I have to believe that there is more here than meets the eye, but I am a little skeptical of their motivation...perhaps they are just as sick of these cases as we are and they are going to start flinging mud to see what sticks...

I agree with you. And I've posted my concerns about this before - I think it got overlooked. She had no legal right nor the ability to prevent the visitation. She could have gone to jail or risked losing custody for denial of visitation if she hadn't allowed the dad to take her baby. His rights were not terminated, he was the legal father with as much right to physical custody of the baby as the mother had.

I do wonder though if there is something LE isn't saying yet - I wonder because it's very heavy handed to arrest her for such a silly reason.

"The arrest affidavit for Caren Kohberger, the child’ mother, obtained by The (Brazosport) Facts, charges that she endangered the child on the morning of Jan. 29 by allowing Travis Mullis to take Alijah from the family’s home while knowing Mullis was a threat to the boy’s safety."

"Authorities Thursday said they believed Kohberger was in New York."

http://galvestondailynews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=0549a5b10224cc78

So now there is an arrest warrant for the mother also, did they say they think she's in New York?

I think the mother knew more than we think, and LE is using the charge of endangering a child in order to hold her. She did call hospitals to find out where they were, instead of the police. I've never heard of people calling hospitals first instead of police. Also did she or did she not know about the incident with the 8 year old? In any case, it is an unlikely story that she would actually believe he was taking the baby while he got a car fixed at 5:30am in the morning. For all we know, he may have threatened to do something, for reasons unknown she didn't believe him and still let him take the child. Then when they didn't return she thought he did that something whatever it was and that is why she was calling hospitals first to look for them. Maybe she thought he killed himself also at the time. She had to know he was mentally unstable.

MeoW, I agree with you and have said the same things in my earlier
post. It has never made sense as to why the mother phoned hospitals
first instead of LE, now it's all starting to fall into place.

So now there is an arrest warrant for the mother also, did they say they think she's in New York?

Yes, my understanding is that she checked herself into a mental institution in New York.

they were apparently both too young and too messed up to have a child. That poor little baby never had a chance :(

Yes, my understanding is that she checked herself into a mental institution in New York.

I wonder why she would go all the way to New York to check herself into a mental hospital, wouldn't it make more sense to do that where she is locally? Maybe she figures they can't touch her as long as she's a mental patient and she would find extradition.

It would be over my dead body before I let anyone I knew to be unstable take my child anywhere!! I don't see that she even was that concerned until she began calling hospitals.

If he grabbed the child and took off, her first phone call in the next second should have been to 911 and an Amber Alert could possibly have been issued. If the person states they would harm the a child and takes off with that child...all bets are off and LE can intervene. She did NOTHING.

It also raises the question of what she knew about him taking the little girl to the park the night before, too. This woman isn't crazy...she is in deep for enabling him!

I wonder why she would go all the way to New York to check herself into a mental hospital, wouldn't it make more sense to do that where she is locally? Maybe she figures they can't touch her as long as she's a mental patient and she would find extradition.

I think that she may have went to New York because she has family there. This may also be where she is originally from. I remember that she had moved to Texas (about a year and a half ago I think) from up there.

This is a previous link that was posted by another poster

( http://thepolicenews.net/index.cfm?act=Newsletter.cfm&category=News%201&newsletterid=9277&menugroup=Home )

and it is where I read that she had checked herself into a mental institution in NY. It is the second story if you scroll down. I have not read this in any of the other stories coming out though so I wonder about the accuracy of it especially if that is her Myspace.

Has anyone been able to verify that it is her Myspace? Everything looks off on it to me (age, location, picture) but I can not see it due to it being private.

I think that she may have went to New York because she has family there. This may also be where she is originally from. I remember that she had moved to Texas (about a year and a half ago I think) from up there.

This is a previous link that was posted by another poster

( http://thepolicenews.net/index.cfm?...egory=News 1&newsletterid=9277&menugroup=Home )

and it is where I read that she had checked herself into a mental institution in NY. It is the second story if you scroll down. I have not read this in any of the other stories coming out though so I wonder about the accuracy of it especially if that is her Myspace.

Has anyone been able to verify that it is her Myspace? Everything looks off on it to me (age, location, picture) but I can not see it due to it being private.

If you go on to his myspace
http://www.myspace.com/dmxprecords

you find her listed as a friend and a few messages she left for him a while back,,

"7 Apr 2006 09:45 AM

hey honey. it's me your wifey i miss you alot so call me ok love you bye sexy "

this is for sure her my space....

If you go on to his myspace
http://www.myspace.com/dmxprecords

you find her listed as a friend and a few messages she left for him a while back,,

"7 Apr 2006 09:45 AM

hey honey. it's me your wifey i miss you alot so call me ok love you bye sexy "

this is for sure her my space....

Thanks. I see it now! I think I am used to seeing more mature pictures of her. She looks like a baby in that picture! Well, a baby to me LOL. Really young though.

I agree with you. And I've posted my concerns about this before - I think it got overlooked. She had no legal right nor the ability to prevent the visitation. She could have gone to jail or risked losing custody for denial of visitation if she hadn't allowed the dad to take her baby. His rights were not terminated, he was the legal father with as much right to physical custody of the baby as the mother had.

I do wonder though if there is something LE isn't saying yet - I wonder because it's very heavy handed to arrest her for such a silly reason.

I am curious as to whether or not they are simply trying to force access to her to wrap up their questions.

http://galvestondailynews.com/story...ion=TheDailyNews:42F9414D0514800007gSS2DF1EC4

"Authorities Thursday said they believed Kohberger was in New York.

FBI special agent Shauna Dunlap, of the agency’s Houston office, said that, if Kohberger had left Texas, she could face a federal warrant."

“It would not be unusual for us to request an Unlawful Flight to Avoid Prosecution warrant,” Dunlap said Thursday night. “However, at this point, FBI Houston has no knowledge of her being arrested or spotted in New York, but we are working on the local case with local and county officials.”

and her mood has changed from depressed to determined............
DETERMINED to what exactly??

Maybe she doesn't know what "determined" means. maybe she thinks it means "destined". Some poeple confuse words that appear to be similar.:waitasec:

Susan

Maybe she's determined to avoid her imminent prosecution by LE. I think she thinks if she checks herself into a mental ward they can't touch her. I'm not sure with a federal warrant how that works. In any case, she can't stay in a mental ward forever. If she is in one, she may have brought a laptop with her. Otherwise someone is paying a pretty penny for her to be on a "luxury" ward or hospital that has internet access.

Originally Posted by Marie

I am curious as to whether or not they are simply trying to force access to her to wrap up their questions.

Considering he has mental issues and was not taking his meds then he would not stand a chance in court for being denied access to his child. She would have a legitimate case ....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hustling01
Back