GUILTY TX - Alijah Mullis, 3 mos, stomped to death, Galveston, 29 Jan 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Originally Posted by Marie
I agree with you. And I've posted my concerns about this before - I think it got overlooked. She had no legal right nor the ability to prevent the visitation. She could have gone to jail or risked losing custody for denial of visitation if she hadn't allowed the dad to take her baby. His rights were not terminated, he was the legal father with as much right to physical custody of the baby as the mother had.

I do wonder though if there is something LE isn't saying yet - I wonder because it's very heavy handed to arrest her for such a silly reason.

Considering he has mental issues and was not taking his meds then he would not stand a chance in court for being denied access to his child. She would have a legitimate case ....

With respect, was she privy to his mental issues? I guess we will see....

Were the baby's parents separated? I've read that in several posts talking about visitation, etc. but the articles I read say the couple and their baby were living with another couple (parents of the 8 year old girl). I think the argument may have been about where he went in the middle of the night (after he took the little girl out of bed).

I think she was well aware of his mental issues and did nothing to protect her baby despite of her awareness. To what extent she is involved, i do not know. Just that it is more than meets the eye until they can get her to talk or it comes out. I would think there is a lot more that we don't know as they are considering a federal warrant to get her.

Taken from article:

"The affidavit cites Kohberger’s own statement to Galveston police last week that she let Mullis take the child after he told Kohberger that he had to get away because he was having flashbacks to being abused as a child, and he could “do something to one of the kids.”
http://galvestondailynews.com/story...ion=TheDailyNews:42F9414D0514800007gSS2DF1EC4

Here is another interesting article:
http://www.click2houston.com/news/15254440/detail.html

"She did it for security purposes," said Michele, Kohberger's roommate who declined to give her last name. "He did have a tendency of taking off and not returning for a few days, so that (allowing him to take Alijah) was her security of him returning."The affidavit also stated that Kohberger told police that Mullis told her he sexually abused a child while he was a juvenile.

The roommate says it all in that statement. Security purposes? That the baby killer potential sex predator would return to her; obviously Caren being more concerned about baby's daddy than baby himself, IMO.
If she knew of the incident with Mullis and the 8 year old girl, knew since he even said that he was afraid he would hurt a child, why on earth would she let him take the baby? No concerned mother would do that. What she should have done was drove him to the E.R. and told them he was going to hurt others or himself. He would have been placed in a psych ward for observation (especially with the attempt on the 8 year old just having happened) and he wouldn't have been allowed to hurt anyone. Nope, instead she gives him the baby to take with him to "ensure" that Mullis himself returns to her. Once again we have a mother putting the love of a before the love of her child.

That statement by her roommate that she did it for "security purposes" just makes me sick. Why didn't she at least go with him if she was going to let him take the baby?

That statement by her roommate that she did it for "security purposes" just makes me sick. Why didn't she at least go with him if she was going to let him take the baby?

Right?

Thanks. I see it now! I think I am used to seeing more mature pictures of her. She looks like a baby in that picture! Well, a baby to me LOL. Really young though.

funny you should say that because Im now wondering if it is her page at all.. Was he married before?? I heard he had other kids.. Was the wifey msg left by someone else??? It states age 21 on her page??? shes 26/27 . So she's either telling big porkies or its an ex girlfriend of his.. She is now stating she loves Kyle???..!@########
Wtf??

maybe its not her...http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=14807170:bang:

If I recall correctly, she was on her computer receiving gifts and stuff on her Myyearbook page (or whatever it was)....

If I recall correctly, she was on her computer receiving gifts and stuff on her Myyearbook page (or whatever it was)....
Absolutaly disgusting that this mother would allow him to take that beautiful baby for security purposes! That is just sooooo messed up! RIP sweet baby.:mad:

One thing I know about facebook and myspace pages is they are often taken literally by sleuths and shouldn't be. Young people don't care what age they put on there and they usually don't pay much attention to the moods either. It isn't intentional lying as a lot of them just put whatever up. The content of their page is more telling of their real personalities by some yet by others...they paint a picture to the world of the person they would like to be or a group they personify (such as the wannabe gangbanger pages).

I know when I had a myspace years ago, my friends left me some wild messages as inside jokes. People reading them probably were thinking WTH?! So it is also hard to judge by friends comments, too.

You really have to learn to read between the lines on those sites.

The statement that she gave him the child so he would come back to her tells how twisted they both are in their thinking. That child didn't stand a chance. Dad wanted to harm him and mom thought she could use him as a pawn without a care to his safety.

Where in the sam hill were the grandparents of this darling child? They must have known the father was a wack job and the mother was too immature to make responsible decisions.

is his mother facing charges as well? He called and told her he had taken the 8 year old from her bed and was going to attack her but he "snapped out of it." Clearly that conversation must have occurred shortly before he took his infant or afterwards when he was on the run...

The above link puts to bed the speculation regarding Caren calling hospitals-she called the medical examiners office and PD...

Security purposes???? WTF!

The only thing that 'secured' was the baby's death warrant.

Obviously Caren has never heard of

"GET OUT AND DON'T COME BACK!"

Sami

"Kohberger later told police that she told Mullis to take Alijah with him because Mullis had disappeared for days at a time at different points of their relationship, and she thought the child would serve as an anchor to ensure he returned home soon.
Later that day, a woman police later identified as Kohberger called the Galveston County Medical Examiner’s Office and Galveston Police Department, saying she believed the dead child she saw on TV news reports was her son"

http://www.txcn.com/sharedcontent/dws/txcn/houston/stories/khou080209_tnt_babymom.a60dc53e.html

I believe that the mother was aware of Mullis' intent of bodily harm on the baby and that is why LE is taking it so seriously and getting a federal warrant for her arrest. She knew of Mullis' state of mind at the time. When they did not return she starts calling hospitals and the County Medical Coroner's office saying that she believed the dead child was her son. This is not normal behavior of someone who has a child gone missing. The first thought in a parent's mind is to call police and the last thought would be assuming the child to be hurt or dead. Caren immediately assumed the worst, i think she knew what was going on. As to why she went along with it, i don't know. That is why LE needs to find her to find out.

I know a lot of people who were molested and abuse as children, myself for one. I'm not buying the flashback story. IMO, I think he said he was having flashbacks trying to cover his a$$ for trying to molest the 8 year old girl. I honestly think that he thought the parents of the 8 year old & Caren would feel sorry for him. He may very well have flashbacks, he was molested and there are records to prove this, his abuser did prison time.
But I think he was lying about flashbacks this time.

M_IMAGE.1175910ab03.93.88.fa.d0.73fd2537.jpg
Rest in peace little one. Hopefully he will receive the justice he deserves.

I don't recall the name of the book, but I remember it was about life after death, and the part that fascinated me, was the concept that we all know before we come to this earth, what our fate is going to be. In fact, we choose what role we will play. We may choose to be a homeless person that is begging on the street, and thereby, give a more fortunate soul the opportunity to show compassion. We may choose to be a murder victim, and thereby, touch the hearts of people in ways that is beyond prediction. I am not sure I believe all of the book, but the concept was really great. When I look into the eyes of this child, I see a soul that was more wise and mature than any of the people who he encountered in his short life. I do believe that he is comfortable tonight, and resting. I believe that a lot of people closely connected to this case will suffer the rest of their lives - and that is a good thing. I think perhaps some of them, may suffer for eternity.

The lil guy does seem to be an old soul as my mom calls it. Unfortunately though his little, short life was cut short so violently. Reannan, I think you may be correct though that this baby is at peace. Meanwhile, can somebody tell me why in the heck this Caren was in New York? Bellevue she was in? There's no mental health facilities where she's from? Mullis up here in Philly then her in New York?

Wow what a heartbreaking story this is.
The Mom seems to know a whole lot. When she made the choice to have that baby she took on the role to protect & love him.

Mullis needs locked up forever. Not only did he kill his own son, but he was going to attack an 8 yr old girl.

It would of been over my dead body someone would of taken my baby knowing what she knew. LE could throw me in jail for being non compliant. But he'd never get him........:furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hustling01
Back