TX TX - Amanda Goodman, 13, Brownwood, 16 May 1989

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMOO:
Thinking about that spot, if it was the northbound side and she was a passenger, the car should have been going north on 237 for her to get out on that side. You can turn around of course to head back into town, I did it in the driveway a bit down the way, not a lot of room to turn around on that section using only the road, at least not in my full size pickup. If you take 45 south you can hit CR 239 that meets CR237 and you could take that back north. I’m going to try to find the last spot she was seen and google map that route and see how many miles it is, you aren’t driving CR237 fast but 45 could be taken fairly quickly. If it makes sense mathematically I may drive that next time I’m in town.
IMOO, just rolling it around in my head.

Not a terribly long drive, 17.4 miles on the way I routed it. I wish I had more details on where exactly she was found.

Attachments

• BAE0C5D4-F55C-4529-8BE6-8AF624FB691B.jpeg
    BAE0C5D4-F55C-4529-8BE6-8AF624FB691B.jpeg
    87 KB · Views: 0
I asked around a little bit today with the locals. Everyone knows about it but no one wants to talk about it. Being from out of town it’s sort of hard to work into a conversation. Once COVID clears and the public library is back to normal hours, maybe I’ll get some extra time to checkout the local newspapers on microfiche. I tried online but I’m not spending $75 for maybe a dead end.

Glad to see there is still some discussion fairly recently on this case. I watched the Gray Hughes episode on this case with Amanda's friend and really stayed with me. Clearly there is some credibility in terms of the main suspect and motive. I had a thought about the gun shot, in that if she was trying to turn away from the perpetrator in the passenger seat then the angle and trajectory may be explained that way. Are there any details on the car that the suspect was driving, VIN number etc?

I previously posted about my cousin who was sheriff at the time of the murders, and his theory that I didn’t really understand.

By chance this week while I was in Brownwood at the courthouse, I ran into a former deputy who was on the force when the murder occurred, but was not assigned to the investigation. This individual shared that the prevailing theory among the force was that the murder was committed by the pastor of the family’s church.

This is also the theory that is espoused by the folks who have the “JusticeforSissy” page on Facebook. I think these were the people on the Gray Hughes podcast.

I wonder if there is any DNA that could be used now that technology has improved. Is anyone working this case? Did they have any DNA?

Multiple sources, who worked the case, have told us that we are correct and it is the pastor. He is living his life off in Illinois. He boogied off right after her murder. One of the retired gentlemen that was an investigator for the DA, at the time of her murder, said that he was a person-of-interest in 2 cases in Illinois.

They have aleways said that DNA is not an option, in Amanda's case, because it was raining when she was murdered and her body was out in the elements.

Jason Shae, the Texas Ranger for Brown County, currently has her case.

Multiple sources, who worked the case, have told us that we are correct and it is the pastor. He is living his life off in Illinois. He boogied off right after her murder. One of the retired gentlemen that was an investigator for the DA, at the time of her murder, said that he was a person-of-interest in 2 cases in Illinois.

They have aleways said that DNA is not an option, in Amanda's case, because it was raining when she was murdered and her body was out in the elements.

Jason Shae, the Texas Ranger for Brown County, currently has her case.
Thanks for the info, Jenni979! Do you happen to know anything that could help us find news reports about the cases in Illinois? Were the victims young girls?
I don't believe that someone who murders a young girl is likely to live a peaceful life for the following 30 years. There have to be other victims. MOO

Thanks for the info, Jenni979! Do you happen to know anything that could help us find news reports about the cases in Illinois? Were the victims young girls?
I don't believe that someone who murders a young girl is likely to live a peaceful life for the following 30 years. There have to be other victims. MOO
They were young girls, right at about 13 years old, they were supposed to be members of his church. I do t have the name of that church, but when he came to my town he immediately started a very strict Pentecostal church…. It would have been in or around Alton or Godfrey Illinois. He got to our town in 1985, so before that.

I have looked everywhere…. All the local papers. I went through them day-by day for the years 1980-1985, and couldn’t find anything. Not only about him, I looked for missing, unsolved and unidentified. Still nothing.

A friend called the local police and they kept her on the phone for over 30 minutes…. At the end they told her to have her local police get in touch with him because he want allowed to release I do to the general public…. She did and nothing ever came of it…

Thank you!!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chloerock