TX TX - Amber Hagerman, 9, Arlington, 17 Jan 1996

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought this case was solved. It makes me feel really stupid but I wonder if other people have made that mistake.

No I did not think it had been solved but there have been many cold cases solved recently so it can get a bit confusing for me as well. As I say hopefully there might be some progress in the case this year.

No I did not think it had been solved but there have been many cold cases solved recently so it can get a bit confusing for me as well. As I say hopefully there might be some progress in the case this year.
I think there was a movie about Amber that I missed the last part of or confused it with another movie about a missing girl. Megan's Law could also be what I was thinking of. I don't know why I assumed the girl that started the Amber Alert had her case solved.

Her death is unique there can't be that many people that slash children's throats after holding them for days. It seems brutal.

People may or may not know and more likely not care I am not an American. You are right this was obviously the work of a madman. I have a suspect but will not divulge his name here as I have reported it to the FBI some time ago.

People may or may not know and more likely not care I am not an American. You are right this was obviously the work of a madman. I have a suspect but will not divulge his name here as I have reported it to the FBI some time ago.
Can I ask if it's the name that pops up with Amber's when you use google? I don't think she was someone's first or last murder and rape. She couldn't have been the last. Unless they died. I hope they kept DNA samples even if they seemed useless in 96.

Can I ask if it's the name that pops up with Amber's when you use google? I don't think she was someone's first or last murder and rape. She couldn't have been the last. Unless they died. I hope they kept DNA samples even if they seemed useless in 96.

Thanks for the reply I will leave at the fact that the FBI know about him at the moment. Sorry if that sounds a bit evasive. Amber looked a very nice girl that is for sure.

Thanks for the reply I will leave at the fact that the FBI know about him at the moment. Sorry if that sounds a bit evasive. Amber looked a very nice girl that is for sure.
I just asked because there is a name that pops up with hers. Either way it's good you let the FBI know. That's all that matters.

I hate to ask this after CA case in FL, but what of the man who claimed he saw her kidnapped? What was his lifestyle and did he have any priors at all?

I hate to ask this after CA case in FL, but what of the man who claimed he saw her kidnapped? What was his lifestyle and did he have any priors at all?

I have thought the same but I would assume LE would have considered him a POI from the jump and determined otherwise.

Body of Kidnapped Texas Girl Is Found

Do we know the exact location where Ambers body was found? This article suggests that she was found near an apt complex 4 miles away from the parking lot. Wondering if these maintenance workers were ever looked at.
That's not a far distance to from where she was taken to where she ended up. If there was someone that could have been in the area and was charged with a similar crime even years later, that should be looked into. Would the killer have been familiar with the area?

That's not a far distance to from where she was taken to where she ended up. If there was someone that could have been in the area and was charged with a similar crime even years later, that should be looked into. Would the killer have been familiar with the area?

I lived 15 years in and around Arlington, TX and very familiar with this area. It would definitely make sense that it was someone also familiar with that area. It’s a very well populated area and you would almost have to be knowledgeable of your surroundings there. Plus, we’re talking about 1996. No GPS ..etc

Yes, agreed. This wasnt this perps first or last time, I’d bet. I’m sure it has already been done in this thread but I need to do some research on cases in North Texas involving children.

Last edited:
Amber's body was found four days after her kidnapping. Was information ever released regarding how long she had been presumed dead? Had she been held for days and then placed there?

Amber's body was found four days after her kidnapping. Was information ever released regarding how long she had been presumed dead? Had she been held for days and then placed there?

IIRC, her autopsy revealed that she was kept alive for two days after being taken, before she was murdered. Initially, they suspected that the creek bed she was found in was not where she was left...they said that the thunderstorms that had been in the area had likely moved her (and unfortunately, also eliminated DNA evidence, though they have since been tight-lipped on whether any DNA evidence was salvageable.)

As an aside...I grew up in Arlington (moved there in early 1990, when I was 5, and moved away in 2012), had my school physical done down the road at Berry Elementary, where she went to school (I went to a different school, since I was in a different attendance zone.) My best friend was in her Girl Scout Troop. I know her grandmother's neighborhood, I know that Winn-Dixie, I know that creek bed. When I was in high school and struggling, I used to go sit in Our Garden of Angels by her cross, reminding myself to be thankful of the life I got to live, that she didn't. Though I didn't know her personally, her case was just so close...too close. It rocked my world as a child, and still does as an adult. I follow this thread and every time I see someone post, even if it's just a bump, it gets me a little bit emotional, and just makes me so thankful for all of those who haven't forgotten about Amber. So thank you, to all of y'all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back