TX TX- Anderson Co, UncFemale, 15-35, UP4064, partial remains, vaguely masculine clothing with the name tag 'F. Stanley'. August 1988.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cheemsg

Reaction score
NamUs or TxDPS doesn't say exactly where she was found. Some googling says she was found in a creek bed.
She was found as partial remains with soft tissues. torso wasn't recovered, and some limbs/hands were missing. She died 2 to 8 months prior.
Her race was either white, hispanic or asian. Her H/W are not listed. She had dark hair about 4" or 5" long.
She wore a 3xl blue work shirt with a name tag that read 'F Stanley', underwear, and brown work boots. All listed as on the body.
I think her clothing is quite masculine and that should possibly be taken into account.

NAMUS
TxDPS Missing and Unidentified Persons Online Bulletin

1677424872890.jpeg

A - Biological female. Possibly white, Asian, or Latino. Between 15 - 35 years old. Black hair 4 - 5 inches in length. Found in Anderson County, Texas on August 19, 1988. NamUs Entry.

NamUs or TxDPS doesn't say exactly where she was found. Some googling says she was found in a creek bed.
She was found as partial remains with soft tissues. torso wasn't recovered, and some limbs/hands were missing. She died 2 to 8 months prior.
Her race was either white, hispanic or asian. Her H/W are not listed. She had dark hair about 4" or 5" long.
She wore a 3xl blue work shirt with a name tag that read 'F Stanley', underwear, and brown work boots. All listed as on the body.
I think her clothing is quite masculine and that should possibly be taken into account.

NAMUS
TxDPS Missing and Unidentified Persons Online Bulletin
Confused by the presence of the shirt, 'on the body', but no torso? I could understand it being near the body, but how is it on the body if there is no body for it to be on?

I dont think the clothing is particularily "masculine". It is strong heavy duty work or outdoor gear.
She could have been transient, plenty of homeless women dress practical instead of "feminine" (whatever that means, not every woman has to wear high heels and mini skirts... ). The work shirt with name tag is probably handed down or donated to a thrift shop.

Confused by the presence of the shirt, 'on the body', but no torso? I could understand it being near the body, but how is it on the body if there is no body for it to be on?
I think it might mean that the body was rotted to the degree you wouldn't say you had the whole torso, but idk, it's really vague.

I think it might mean that the body was rotted to the degree you wouldn't say you had the whole torso, but idk, it's really vague.
It sort of implies that the ribcage section is missing, or a good deal of it, but the shirt is still there? They had remains with soft tissue left, at least SOME of that section should still have been there. The gut, no, that goes early. But the ribcage? That holds together for a while, purely because of its structure. It's designed to protect the heart, lungs and liver, and be strong but also flexible. Those connective tissues have to break down quite a way for it to collapse down, and even then, it's going to be inside a shirt.

Animals could have carried away bones and tissues

Can't find anyone with the last name Stanley missing near Texas around that time. May be unrelated but I did notice Christina Jo Nichol's (MP4577) mother used the last name Stanley. However, Christina's maiden name is listed as Williams from her mother's first marriage.

7 February 1988, The Omaha World-Herald, pg 41
1677531257838.png

She's missing out of Nebraska and disappeared about the right time (December 1987, so right at the 8 month PMI mark for this UP), and seems to have a similar hair length. However, her hair is listed as brown instead of black, and she went missing quite far away (about a 12 hour drive).

1677531706174.png1677531056094.png1677531160936.png

It's assumed she had been killed by her husband, but he was never convicted. I'm not sure this is her as she was a stay at home mom, not sure why she would have been dressed in work clothes if this was her.

The name F. Stanley also could be unrelated if the shirt was bought secondhand - I work a traditionally more "masculine" job and I personally thrift alot of my work clothes from the guy's section because usually the quality is better and I don't want to get my "nicer" clothes dirty. 3XL is quite large for a lady, I'm guessing the shirt would have been oversized on her.

Last edited:
Grunge was becoming a thing at this time, an extra large work shirt and work boots would not have been unusual for a female to wear.

I can't see it mentioned, but I assume her DNA hasn't been tested since they can't tell if she's white or Asian.

I think Christina's face and head looks too petite to be this UID, but how many of these have we seen that were totally wrong... I've contacted caseworkers on NamUs before, they've usually appreciated any tips and ideas. Won't hurt.

Can't find anyone with the last name Stanley missing near Texas around that time. May be unrelated but I did notice Christina Jo Nichol's (MP4577) mother used the last name Stanley. However, Christina's maiden name is listed as Williams from her mother's first marriage.

View attachment 405853

She's missing out of Nebraska and disappeared about the right time (December 1987, so right at the 8 month PMI mark for this UP), and seems to have a similar hair length. However, her hair is listed as brown instead of black, and she went missing quite far away (about a 12 hour drive).

View attachment 405857View attachment 405850View attachment 405851

It's assumed she had been killed by her husband, but he was never convicted. I'm not sure this is her as she was a stay at home mom, not sure why she would have been dressed in work clothes if this was her.
Christina's got a really unusual, distinctive nose that looks small relative to her other features. The sketch has a largish nose. I know it's hard with noses, though... so much of what we recognise is the shape at the end, which people reconstructing from a skull kind of have to guess at, because it's all soft tissue which tends to be lost.

I think if Christina was killed by her husband, it would be unlikely for him to drive her that far, but I've just got up to the body recovery on Gannon's thread, where he was found literally hundreds of miles away from where he went missing, so what the heck do I know? Murderers do the darndest things sometimes.

The hairstyle looks really similar, but they may have been guessing at the hairstyle and just giving the recon a current 'popular' style based on the length of the bits of hair they did find. I don't think she was in any way recognisable, including hairstyle. If she wasn't deliberately dismembered, then the animals and the elements had got to her in a big way.

Sorry, I'm aware this blathering on is not helpful, but I think she's interesting as a possibility. Probable? Maybe not. But we've seen Does be found further away from their Last Seen before. Just because it's improbable doesn't mean it's not possible.

View attachment 405853

View attachment 405857View attachment 405850View attachment 405851

20 August 1988, The Tyler Morning Telegraph, pg 6
1677549168798.png

21 August 1988, The Tyler Courier-Times, pg 10

1677549316099.png

"The skull and vertebrae where discovered...in an area off Farm-to-Market Road 19, a mile outside Frankston by children looking for a place to fish." If I'm guessing it was probably this area around Caddo Creek.

5 October 1988, The Tyler Courier-Times, pg 7

1677549693157.png

"The bones were that of a woman age 35 or younger who was decapitated."

"Pathological technicians say it's definitely a female and definitely not white."..."Initial reports indicate the bones were possibly those of a woman of Hispanic or Latin American decent."

9 September 1989, The Tyler Morning Telegraph, pg 1, 6.

1677550436853.png

1677550368199.png

"[The] human skull...was found under Caddo Creek Bridge off Farm-to-Market Road 19, a mile south of Frankston." -Looks like Caddo Creek was indeed the location.

"The skull is believed to be that of a woman between 25 and 40 years old who had black wavy hair, four inches to six inches in length, perhaps Mexican-American, Latin, or American Indian."

"The teeth show no evidence of dental work, but there was one crooked tooth next to and partially overlapping the bottom left front tooth...that deformity may have been recognized by someone who knew her."

Strategy I found an extremely similar case from the same time period - the murder of Jennifer Dee Winegar of Elmo, TX. She was supposedly killed August 14 1988. Her body was found in a dried creek bed, decapitated in Willis Point, TX.

Ronald Mark Holloway was charged and convicted of her murder, and he may be connected to similar murders in Texas. He introduced himself to the court as Ted Bundy, if that's any indication of his character. I believe he is serving life in Alfred Hughes Prison, TX.

9 November 1989, The Tyler Courier-Times, pg 30

1677551961876.png

Willis Point is about an hr away from Frankston.

1677551244383.png

Looks like her case file may have been lost?? I really hope it wasn't.

2003, September 14, The Tyler Courier-Times, pg 6

1677553559786.png

If she had a crooked tooth then it's kinda shame that there is no sketch that would give some idea how it could look like, since it seems like a thing that could help spike somebody's memory.

Mixed black & Native American. Investigation renewed in 2019.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Kassaundra Denise Williams Patterson – The Charley Project

Kassaundra Denise Williams Patterson
  • kassaundra_denise_williams_patterson_1.jpg
Patterson, circa 1988

• Missing Since05/05/1988
  • Missing FromHaskell, Oklahoma
  • ClassificationMissing
  • Age33 years old
  • Height and Weight5'3 - 5'6, 115 - 160 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsBiracial (African-American/Native American) female. Black hair, brown eyes. Patterson has a scar on her left inner ankle. Her ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Patterson was last seen at her residence at Silver Leaf Apartments in Haskell, Oklahoma on May 5, 1988. Her three children woke up at 6:00 a.m. and discovered she was gone. She has never been seen again.

Patterson's mother got a phone call on Mother's Day in 1989; the caller hung up immediately and has never been identified, and it's unclear whether the caller was Patterson. Few details are available in her case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RABay1735
Back