Found Deceased TX - Andrea Ratliff, 33, Denison, 22 November 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Fair enough. She didn't have a car, her phone was turned off, and there are conflicting reports about whether he left, or she left, after the fight. Either way, he consistently reports that in the morning - whether he woke up or returned home - she was gone. It should be easy enough to verify where he was if he wasn't at home.

Assuming that the boyfriend is a witness, what would the scenario be? She left the apartment, was grabbed off the street, taken to the bluff and thrown off the bridge?

My best friend knows the boyfriend personally, he has for several years now.
In speaking with him Wednesday, from what I recall, he said their next door neighbor was woken up by
a car pulling up into their (Andrea's) driveway (behind the only car they own) and the neighbor heard car doors shut and vehicle drive off.
I assume once neighbor is questioned and story verified, that Joe should be more so out of "the line of fire"
but this probably wont be looked into until the autopsy is complete.

The light one with the long drive and lights around it.

Herald Democrat article from 11-29 (Tuesday).

Undetermined if it is a criminal case. Cause of death undetermined so an inquiry has been opened. Autopsy was done in Oklahoma City on Saturday.

The investigation is currently being led by the Bryan County [Oklahoma] Sheriff’s Office with assistance from OSBI and the Denison [Texas] Police Department. Andrea Ratliff was reported missing Nov. 22 to Denison Police and her body was found Friday morning in the Red River near Carpenter’s Bluff Bridge.

Nathan Calloway, an investigator with the Bryan County Sheriff’s Office, said the body was discovered at about 10:24 a.m. Friday by a member of a search party. About an hour before the discovery, local residents started a search of the area after Ms. Ratliff’s phone was tracked there. Calloway said a teenager discovered the phone near Carpenter’s Bluff Bridge and found that it belonged to Ms. Ratliff. The phone was then recovered by Denison Police, and the search party was sent to that area.

Her body found in 2-3 feet of water. Airboat used for recovery.

Body identified by family, fingerprints, tattoos, standard protocols.

Water was cool, so not as much deterioration if warmer temperature.

Amy Elliott, a spokesperson with the Oklahoma Medical Examiner’s Office, said via email that the cause and manner of death are pending toxicology results. The toxicology report can take four to six weeks to complete so the final autopsy report will not be available until then, she said.

Calloway said there is usually a preliminary report available before the final autopsy report. Brown said in the meantime and because an identification has been made, investigators started talking to family and friends to build a timeline of events in the last several days of Ms. Ratliff’s life. The timeline would cover who Ms. Ratliff was in contact with, she said.

They don't know how she got to the bridge. They don't know if she died in Texas or Oklahoma. They don't know if her death was suspicious, suicide, or an accident.

They do say she was said to be intoxicated when last known to be seen.

http://www.heralddemocrat.com/news/20161129/investigators-await-ratliff-case-autopsy-results

It is a fairly lengthy article. I tried to catch all of the specifics to summarize, but I could have missed something.

I don't anticipate any issues regarding multiple possible jurisdictions in an investigation/inquiry as the agencies involved are probably accustomed to working together.

I have read a couple of articles about her personality and how beloved she was by family and friends.

She worked as a waitress and her employer had wonderful things to say about her.

This doesn't seem like a natural death, even if she was intoxicated.

I didn't know Andrea, but I am a local of the area. As someone stated earlier, that highway is a death trap. You couldn't pay me to attempt to walk it. With the construction of the new bridge, there is more of a shoulder now, but it doesn't help the ridiculous sharp turns or the idiots that love to fly down it. There's a pretty deep drop straight down near the bridge. If she did walk there it's possible she could have stumbled and fell off the cliff into the water below. Carpenter's Bluff is pretty isolated, a lot of the people that lived in that area have moved off. Now it's nothing but trees and abandoned buildings until summer, when people will come to swim and get drunk underneath the bridge.

I agree! It just doesn't seem likely that she would have ended up there on her own. But, it does sound and look like a pretty good place to get rid of a body in the middle of the night. Does anyone know anything about suspects or suspicious people she might have been in contact with?

This doesn't seem like a natural death, even if she was intoxicated.

http://www.kxii.com/content/news/Ok...man-died-from-fall-from-bridge-417380453.html

​State investigators say a woman found dead this past November in the Red River died from her fall from a bridge.THE Oklahoma Medical Examiner's Report stated Andrea Ratliff died of multiple blunt trauma.
The 33-year-old Denison woman's body was found the day after Thanksgiving 2016 during a search of the Red River near Carpenter's Bluff Bridge, after she went missing.
The case is still under investigation by the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler
Back