Presumed Located TX - Andrew Garcia, 26, Amarillo, 4 April 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
His last phone number comes up as Lubbock texas. Registered to another person.

Nothing new that I'm aware of. However, I guess someone found this forum for Andrew missing and posted it on his last FB thread. I then received a text message from a family member of his asking that I not share information about Andrew missing because they think it would be detrimental to finding him. I have the texts where I specially asked this family member if I could share information on Andrew (and received permission) so I don't feel like I went against anything the family wishes. However, I was surprised that they wouldn't want the word spread around about Andrew. It was pretty much the proverbial slap on the wrist for talking about Andew here even though I was given permission. I'm confused. Don't know where to go with it now. It is public knowledge that he is missing so I can still comment correct? I wasn't contacted by the detective and told not to...this is just a family request. They probably know much more than I do I'm sure...I'm wondering if they think possibly Andrew is safe and ok and maybe just got hung up in the drug scene and doesn't want that on websleuths? Can't think of any other reason a family would want to be so closed mouth about a family member that's missing.

Why on earth would someone not want the public to know their family member is missing??? This whole case is just odd....

IMHO I just hope the family want things to "lay low " in order to protect him, given the fact he apparently had some debts... you know what I mean.

No updates. Of course since they got upset that I had this posted on websleuthes I haven't had any contact with them. :( Nothing in our local news other than the original story. Everyone is still super quiet...no posters...no facebook conversations...nothing.

I can only hope all the silence is to protect Michael

Andrew has been added to NamUs
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/28480
Status Missing
First name Andrew
Middle name Andraes
Last name Garcia
Nickname/Alias tattoo drew
Date last seen April 04, 2015 04:00
Date entered 04/27/2015
Age last seen 26 to 27 years old
Age now 26 years old
Race White
Ethnicity Hispanic/Latino
Sex Male
Height (inches) 61.0
Weight (pounds) 100.0 to 120.0
Dental Status: Dental information / charting is currently not available
DNA Status: Sample is currently not available
Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available

"multiple ppl are in custody in relation to the discovery of these remains" to loosely paraphrase the above. why such vague details?

The remains found in May 2016 have been confirmed to belong to Andrew Garcia.

Grand jury indicts 3 in death of missing man

Three men have been indicted by a Potter County grand jury on felony kidnapping and evidence tampering charges in connection to the death of Andrew Michael Garcia, whose remains were found in rural Randall County in May, more than a year after his disappearance.

On Monday, a grand jury indicted Robert Clay Hathcoat III, 22, of Amarillo, and Brett Thomas Hughes, 22, of Amarillo, on counts of aggravated kidnapping and tampering with physical evidence in the death of Garcia, 26, of Amarillo.

Clifton Dashaun Baker, 30, was also indicted for tampering with physical evidence.

His NamUs page has finally been removed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back