TX TX - Armaidre Antwan Marquie Argumon, 5 weeks old, Wells, Cherokee Co., 18 Sep 2020 *dad arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This case immediately reminded me of Baby Kate missing 6/2011.
GUILTY - MI - Katherine 'Kate' Phillips, 4 mos, Ludington, 29 June 2011 (Deceased/Not Found)
I have no adequate word for the anger and disgust I feel in the pit of my stomach for people who can hurt their own babies. I'll keep hope until we know more. At 5 weeks he should be cuddling with his mommy, safe and warm.
JMO
This reminds me of Vanessa morales so dang sad and the le aren’t giving any updates

Not again. SMH. And, 'dad' isn't talking? Where's mom?

This case is reminding me of little Delano Wilson. Same age, never found.
I still stew over poor baby Delano. The Probable Cause Statement in the dad's arrest clearly showed that he was lying and statements from other family members supported a violent death. But a (censored) jury found him not guilty. :mad:

I hope such a travesty is not repeated here. If the dad had passed Armaidre off to someone we'd know by now. No caring person would keep a baby secret from LE. I believe in my heart that the dad harmed this sweet baby in retaliation against the mother. He's bad news and has been bad news for over a decade. His history of alcohol abuse and domestic violence points to a horrific ending to this case.

If only LE would say *something* about what they're doing (and I know they're hard at work). Armaidre is slipping to the back page in msm and that's not right IMO.

No updates from le or mom or her family what’s going on . I saw on the wells le fb someone asked if they need volunteer searchers they said no like wth this is a 5 week old baby

I'm sure the mom's family must have been asked by law enforcement to stay quiet for now. I'm sure they want to be out there screaming for answers and searching.

As far as searches, I'm guessing LE wants to ensure the safety of the public and integrity of evidence. Imagine if the public found evidence and his attorney could claim they contaminated it?

Tragically this precious infant isn't going to be found alive abandoned somewhere. [ETA: probably. I was thinking a few days had passed, but maybe the post asking LE if they needed help was within a day or so.

Maybe LE has forensic evidence of harm, but hopefully not.]

Plus if they give away what they know about the locations the vehicle visited, they compromise their investigation.

I think they must have teams of law enforcement doing strategic searches right now.

But I understand wanting to search. I'd want to be out there trying to find a missing baby in my area, too. I remember there was a case of an abducted baby who was found alive abandoned somewhere, but LE found her within a day or so, I think.

Anyone know the statistics on the USUAL/MOST COMMON suspects in past cases like this? Such as A parent losing temper with newborn/infant and accidentally killing in a “rage” then try to cover it up? Or family member abduction? Or do people even sell infants? The world is just scary.. I’m just curious as to what past cases have ended up being... anyone hear about mom yet? Where she may be? Grandparents? Any siblings of the baby?
I don't know the statistics off hand. But just off the top of my head, I can think of a few very young infants who have been reported missing by their fathers, who ended up being arrested for murder or manslaughter.

Pains me that I cannot remember the names of the sweet babies right now. Getting old doesn't help my memory very much.

But I do remember a few circumstances. One 'father' was supposed to be watching his infant son while the baby's mom was at work. Dad was busy playing video games, baby began crying and wouldn't stop. Instead of feeding and changing him, he apparently hit him a few times, and the child fell off the bed, and died. Dad disposed of him, then convinced his own Mom to give him an alibi, until it all fell apart.

Another 'father' reported that he was walking with his toddler, and a car drove by, stopped, grabbed his baby and took off...again, Dad was arrested for murder.

Anyone know the statistics on the USUAL/MOST COMMON suspects in past cases like this? Such as A parent losing temper with newborn/infant and accidentally killing in a “rage” then try to cover it up? Or family member abduction? Or do people even sell infants? The world is just scary.. I’m just curious as to what past cases have ended up being... anyone hear about mom yet? Where she may be? Grandparents? Any siblings of the baby?
Child murder by mothers: patterns and prevention

When a young child is murdered, the most frequent perpetrator is a victim's parent or stepparent (1). Rates of infanticide parallel suicide rates rather than murder rates (2). The risk of being a homicide victim is highest during the first year of life (3-5). Though the US has the highest rates of child homicide (8.0/100,000 for infants, 2.5/100,000 for preschool-age children, and 1.5/100,000 for school-age children), the problem of child homicide transcends national boundaries (6). These rates of child murder are probably underestimates, due to inaccurate coroner rulings and some bodies never being discovered (4,7,8).

Infanticide - Wikipedia

Parental infanticide researchers have found that mothers are far more likely than fathers to be the perpetrators of neonaticide[2] and slightly more likely to commit infanticide in general.

Is it usual that CPS joins a missing person case? Or was CPS already involved when this infant disappeared???

Law enforcement, CPS investigating missing 1-month-old Wells child

Several law enforcement agencies in Cherokee County and Child Protective Services are searching for 1-month-old Armaidre Argumon.

The Wells Police Department, Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office, CPS and the Texas Rangers are searching for Armaidre, who is a Black male weighing about nine pounds with black hair and brown eyes.

Is it usual that CPS joins a missing person case? Or was CPS already involved when this infant disappeared???

I don't know if in this case CPS was previously involved before the baby disappeared, but I believe it's SOP for CPS to become involved whenever a child is reported missing. I remember this happened also in the Isabel Celis case.

Volunteers in Wells coordinate search effort for missing 5-week-old baby

Family and community members organized search teams to scour areas around the home.

“The reason why we’re doing it right here is it’s the area where he was last known seen at, so we’re just going at start at home and work our way out,” said [JA], the child’s cousin.

[...]

Investigators arrested Armaidre’s father, DeAndre Argumon, Friday on unrelated charges. Family members said DeAndre was the last person seen with Armaidre, but he told authorities he gave the child to the boy’s mother.

[JA] said details could be sorted out later; what’s important now is making sure her 5-week-old cousin is found safe.

“He said he gave the baby to [the boy’s mother], and she’s nowhere to be found. She left town for whatever reason,” she said. “They’re stories are back-to-back. He pointed the finger. We can’t deal with them, so we gotta figure out where this baby is.”

Family and community members organized search teams to scour areas around the home.

“The reason why we’re doing it right here is it’s the area where he was last known seen at, so we’re just going at start at home and work our way out,” said [JA], the child’s cousin.

[...]

Investigators arrested Armaidre’s father, DeAndre Argumon, Friday on unrelated charges. Family members said DeAndre was the last person seen with Armaidre, but he told authorities he gave the child to the boy’s mother.

[JA] said details could be sorted out later; what’s important now is making sure her 5-week-old cousin is found safe.

“He said he gave the baby to [the boy’s mother], and she’s nowhere to be found. She left town for whatever reason,” she said. “They’re stories are back-to-back. He pointed the finger. We can’t deal with them, so we gotta figure out where this baby is.”
If the father claims he gave the baby to the mother, why is there no LE alert/BOLO/description/name of the mother? Maybe his claim is just not credible?

[...]

What? Armaidre's mother "left town?" On the surface it sounds like mother isn't missing but left on her own accord. Says the arrested father.

If LE believed the mother is also missing they'd be looking for her too IMO. But I also don't believe the father's account. Why would a mother abandon her month-old baby? And who was caring for Armaidre if not his mother?

IMO the father is a snake and I'm pretty sure LE isn't buying what he's selling. But I wish LE would let the public know if Armaidre's mom is okay.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back