TX - Armored van with gun-ports opens fire on Dallas PD headquarters

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That window is not cooperating!!! Looks like they are giving up trying to pull it out with the robot - Plan B (C? D? E?)

I am really confused about this camera shot on CNN though.

I have seen it from the air, and looked at the street view on Google...and don't see those houses that appear to be just feet from the van.

That van is crazy!! Gun ports? How on earth is that legal to be driving on public streets? This may have been discussed already...I jumped ahead a couple of pages. Going back to read now...

Suspect's Mom has confirmed her son in shoot out with Police.

They come in different types but this is your average size .50 cal round. It's why the engine was disabled and maybe the sniper round.

t5rt3c.jpg

Put the bullets away and chill the beer!!!

How are they gonna be able to ID the creep if they blow up the vehicle?

Mother of suspect contacted CNN to confirm that it was her son (James Boulware) who was involved in the shootout with LE.

There is live feed here, but only video; I lost the audio while ago:

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/show/cbs-11-live-video/

This is the shot that I was referring to in my above post. How is it those houses look to be feet from the van...yet nothing but field from that shot?? My brain can't process that...

Looks like they are taking out the windshield...a bullet at a time! CNN calling them explosions, I think they are the .50 caliber bullets hitting the windshield. Right?

With all the violence happening in our country lately the law abiding citizens will be the ones wanting to order these armored vehicles for their own safety.

IMO

This is the shot that I was referring to in my above post. How is it those houses look to be feet from the van...yet nothing but field from that shot?? My brain can't process that...

Looks like they are taking out the windshield...a bullet at a time! CNN calling them explosions, I think they are the .50 caliber bullets hitting the windshield. Right?
Don't feel alone. I'm confused, too.

So...looking at that aerial shot now...that huge armored LE vehicle that was in front of the van in that field - making that van look small! - has moved out. No longer in the field.

His DNA, even if he is nothing but guts and gore after it ends.

Right!! LOL!! I wonder what type of damage a .50 caliber bullet does to a body? Would it explode the body, or just go through and through? I would imagine they would rather not have the bullet go through the suspect and out the back of the seat and into the body of the van to possibly hit any explosives...but that is probably the only option to get through the windshield.

All of the LE vehicles are being driven from the JITB parking lot as I type...

Wonder what that is about?

The problem with shooting out windows with a .50 cal is where does the bullet stop. It's one thing to put a round in an engine. It's another to have it land a mile away. Breakfast called, have they breached the van yet?

Dallas Police Depart ‏@DallasPD 32m32 minutes ago

There has been no contact with the suspect in over 4 hours - believe it likely that he is deceased #DallasPDShooting

The robot has been all around the van. You'd think they could tell via video link if he was dead or not.

BREAKING NEWS ‏@JohnMir12 4m4 minutes ago

NOW: ATF is on scene w/ explosives experts & K9s to assist @DallasPD at scene of #DallasPDShooting -
0 retweets 0 favorites

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper