TX - At least 44 migrants found dead & 16 injured in a semi-truck in San Antonio, 27 June 2022 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oops...sorry I had the number of ID found wrong up above...sorry
34 victims have been "potentially" identified

Gosh, I still can't believe the driver was so high on meth that he needed to be hospitalized.
I also read late last night that he was still in the hospital.....This is why his arraignment was delayed
Was he so high that he couldn't drive anymore?
Were the armed men with him too?
Apparently there was also a small caravan of SUVs which arrived in the area around noon.
If truck also arrived around noon on Quintana Rd, why didn't someone just let the people out?
Was the guy so high, he didn't know they would die?
Why didn't someone let them out?

MOO: Sounds like a real criminal enterprise he's got going on.
Was he so high on meth because he's been taking trip after trip non-stop?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Adding to the post from a paywall article:
As of Tuesday evening, Bexar County spokesman told USA TODAY there were 34 “potential IDs” among the victims

MOO So maybe the ID is based on ID's that they are carrying? Which sometimes are false ID's.

Only a few counties in Texas have a medical examiner
The fact that they were found in San Antonio increased their chance of being identified. (Bexar County Medical Examiner)
they dont let them out because they have to work for them to repay them for transporting them (often times they already paid but they extort them for more)

It appears the migrants were mostly likely in stash house(s) in Laredo prior to getting on the truck.
I had no idea that this was "a thing" until this
I knew that during the Uvalde shooting the Border Patrol arrived from Del Rio after clearing out stash houses, but I just assumed they were stashing drugs...

Also several of the migrants had texted that they were in Laredo and were awaiting transportation.

12:44 p.m.: Martinez sent Zamorano GPS coordinates that led to an address in Laredo.
watch the movie "end of watch" it shows HT undocumented folks in a stash house. (among other things)

from document - "MARTINEZ said the driver was unaware the airconditioning unit stopped working and was the reason why the individuals died. "

sigh that was what i was thinking.

2/27/24
The fourth defendant in a deadly tractor-trailer smuggling case pleaded guilty to a charge related to his involvement in the organization responsible for smuggling at least 66 migrants in June 2022 that resulted in the deaths of 47 adults and six children. Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), with the assistance of various federal and state law enforcement agencies in South Texas, is investigating the case.
Luis Alberto Rivera-Leal aka Cowboy, 38, of Mexico, pleaded guilty Feb. 27 to one count of conspiracy to transport noncitizens placing lives in jeopardy. He faces up to 20 years in prison. A federal district court judge will determine the sentence after considering the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines and other statutory factors.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oh_silly_me
Back