Found Deceased TX - Athena Strand, 7, last seen at home, 200 block County Rd 3573, Paradise, 30 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She has a history of running away…

1. How long does she usually stay gone?
2. Where does she usually go to?
3. Does she run away from both mom’s and dad’s houses?
4. Did she take anything with here? Favorite toy, blanket, backpack?
5.what usually happens when she returns? Is she punished, so maybe scared to come back? Or is she welcomed and the problem worked out?
WHO said she has a history of running away? The Sheriff? MSM? Please provide a link .

That thought crossed my mind too. But even if she DID have a history of running away we are talking about a 7yo. I can't imagine those episodes would have lasted very long. They'd get bored and/or hungry and come home if they could. I don't even think my 11yo would make it very long "running away."
Plus, I'd think that at least one of the adults would have an idea of where she would go when she was angry; someone with a habit of running off likely has a familiar place to run *to*, as other posters have already mentioned.

Who said she has a history of running away? LE? Would like to see a link, please.
update as of 23m ago. Just listening myself.

Edit to add commentary:

Left after an argument between mother and daughter. The daughter Athena ran away.
Sheriff says that she is known to run away or leaving the house. They see this as good news and they hope she will return.
Infrared is out
LE went to each house in the area.
Worried about weather
at this time they believe she left on her own, but not ruling out abduction or that something happened.
interviewing friends in the area for insight
100's of volunteers from the area.
Follow my quote up to the tweet. The reporter was live on scene repeating the information.

The child’s mother reported Athena Strand missing to the Wise County Sheriff’s Office at 6:40 p.m., after the family had been looking for her for about an hour, according to the Wise County Messenger. Athena’s mother told the sheriff’s office that she went to her daughter’s room about 5:30 p.m. and she wasn’t there, the Messenger reported.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/article269449807.html#storylink=cpy
So, Athena was in her room, then just disappeared?

My heart goes out to her and her family. I hope there are security cameras near her house that captured her leaving and allow for a clear timeline, etc. At 7-years-old she's still like a preschooler - not yet able to really make a plan. She can't understand the dangers.

Don't they always say they can't send out amber alerts without a vehicle description or did I imagine that?
1. The missing child must be 17 years of age or younger.

2. The law enforcement agency believes the missing child has been abducted. This means the child was either unwillingly taken from their environment without permission from the child’s parent or legal guardian, or taken by the child’s parent or legal guardian who commits an act of murder or attempted murder during the time of the abduction.

3. The law enforcement agency believes the child is in danger of serious bodily harm or death.

4. The law enforcement agency has conducted an investigation that has verified that an abduction has taken place or ruled out alternative explanations.

5. Sufficient information is available to distribute to the public that could assist in locating the abducted child, suspect, or the vehicle used in the abduction.

This article has Athena last seen wearing a gray/black long-sleeve shirt, blue jeans with flowers on the front pockets and brown boots.

"We're looking at everything from a criminal standpoint or just a missing child, so we're not gonna leave anything unturned and we're not gonna put the blinders on it could be any number of things. We are looking at all those possibilities."

Words from the video by Sherrif Lane Akin.

Seems like this video was around 11 am.

1. The missing child must be 17 years of age or younger.

2. The law enforcement agency believes the missing child has been abducted. This means the child was either unwillingly taken from their environment without permission from the child’s parent or legal guardian, or taken by the child’s parent or legal guardian who commits an act of murder or attempted murder during the time of the abduction.

3. The law enforcement agency believes the child is in danger of serious bodily harm or death.

4. The law enforcement agency has conducted an investigation that has verified that an abduction has taken place or ruled out alternative explanations.

5. Sufficient information is available to distribute to the public that could assist in locating the abducted child, suspect, or the vehicle used in the abduction.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member