TX - Athena Strand, 8, Abducted & Murdered By FedEx Contract Driver, Tanner Horner, Paradise, 2022 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Glad she was found (afaik ?) on the banks of that river, and not in the water !
More evidence will have been preserved.
Fingers crossed that the perp will face the harshest punishment allowed !

In three days we'll be celebrating Christmas and seeing some family and friends.
Very difficult days ahead for Athena's family and esp. her sibling. :(

I am thinking the Shed is one of those like Tuff shed's that you can convert to a small living space. I know a few people who have insulated those kinds and added electricity, water, heating & air for living spaces or offices, especially during the pandemic. We don't know how old step daughter is, so maybe she is old enough to watch the younger one at night.
RSBM

Pretty sure it was said back in the early threads that the other child is a toddler.

She had an older step-sister that lived there and also shared the shed/sleeping area with her.
Links have been posted numerous times.
Okay, cool. I did go through the early pages of the first thread, looking for info, and all I found was mention of the toddler. Happy to be corrected.

FedEx Ground said in a statement, “FedEx Ground contracts with independent businesses that provide package pickup and delivery services using their own employees, vehicles and equipment”. “The employees of these service provider companies are subject to criminal history background checks as part of the driver eligibility process.”

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article269563187.html

So how was TH able to pass a background check when he had 3 charges going back to 2013? It will be interesting to learn what happened with those charges and why Big Topspin didn't become aware of them.

FedEx Ground said in a statement, “FedEx Ground contracts with independent businesses that provide package pickup and delivery services using their own employees, vehicles and equipment”. “The employees of these service provider companies are subject to criminal history background checks as part of the driver eligibility process.”

So how was TH able to pass a background check when he had 3 charges going back to 2013? It will be interesting to learn what happened with those charges and why Big Topspin didn't become aware of them.
He was never convicted of anything so there would have been nothing in a criminal background check.

<modsnip: Off topic, unrelated to this case>

Even if TH gets off the murder charge, let’s hope he too gets a life sentence for the kidnapping. We know he murdered Athena and it would be more than shocking if he got off on some sort of technicality. He doesn’t deserve to ever be released.

Last edited by a moderator:

(CNN)The new sexual assault charges filed against the delivery driver suspected of kidnapping and killing 7-year-old Athena Strand in Texas earlier this month date back to three separate incidents in 2013, charging documents show.

An investigation by the Fort Worth Police Department determined Tanner Lynn Horner allegedly sexually assaulted children under the age of 17 on three separate occasions in June, August, and December of 2013, according to charging documents filed Wednesday.

The minor victims were not identified. The charges came out of Tarrant County, records show.

Horner, who was already being held on a $1.5 million bond in Wise County jail, now has additional $15,000 surety bonds set against him on each of the three sexual assault charges out of Tarrant County. His initial court appearance is set for January 5, 2023, Tarrant County court records show.

Wise County Sheriff Lane Akin told CNN the 2013 charges "happened back some time ago" and were separate from the Strand case. Some people have come forward in relation to the 2013 charges following Horner's arrest, Akin said

(CNN)The new sexual assault charges filed against the delivery driver suspected of kidnapping and killing 7-year-old Athena Strand in Texas earlier this month date back to three separate incidents in 2013, charging documents show.

An investigation by the Fort Worth Police Department determined Tanner Lynn Horner allegedly sexually assaulted children under the age of 17 on three separate occasions in June, August, and December of 2013, according to charging documents filed Wednesday.

The minor victims were not identified. The charges came out of Tarrant County, records show.

Horner, who was already being held on a $1.5 million bond in Wise County jail, now has additional $15,000 surety bonds set against him on each of the three sexual assault charges out of Tarrant County. His initial court appearance is set for January 5, 2023, Tarrant County court records show.

Wise County Sheriff Lane Akin told CNN the 2013 charges "happened back some time ago" and were separate from the Strand case. Some people have come forward in relation to the 2013 charges following Horner's arrest, Akin said
Victims!

So not just one child that was assaulted numerous times.

Why am I not surprised?

Merry Christmas to you all.

Athena’s loved ones continue to be in my thoughts and prayers, I cannot imagine how hard it must be for them. It is a horrendous and heartbreaking tragedy that Athena and her Sister are not happily opening their Christmas presents that Santa has delivered together. I’m so sorry about the unimaginable heartbreak, pain and suffering the monster who took Athena’s life has caused.

Okay - from yesterday I have not been able to access the Wise County court system anymore - will need help when those charges are finally filed - anyone want to help me on this? TIA!

Merry Christmas Glitters Smiley

Okay - from yesterday I have not been able to access the Wise County court system anymore - will need help when those charges are finally filed - anyone want to help me on this? TIA!

Merry Christmas Glitters Smiley
Uh oh. I'm getting:

Access to jail.co.wise.tx.us was denied​

You don't have the user rights to view this page.

:(

The charges are resulting from crimes that took place in 2013, but charges were not filed until earlier this month AFTER the investigation for Athena began. Hence, nothing would have been filed or shown up on a background check when he started for the company

DEC 26, 2022
[...]

Donation jars can be found at:
  • Delbert’s Super Market at 601 Hilary Road, Comanche
  • Napoli’s Gas Station at 2 South Highway 81, Duncan
  • Jitters Coffee Shop at 1206 US-81 #24, Duncan
  • Marlow Food Market at 610 South Broadway, Marlow
  • Skin Deep Body Art at 1002 West Broadway Ave, Marlow
  • Heidi Helps the Homeless at 428 South 3rd St, Chickasha
  • Canadian River Brewing Company at 121 West Chickasha Ave, Chickasha
  • Tru by Hilton at 4100 Northwest Expressway, Oklahoma City
  • Home 2 by Hilton at 4110 Northwest Expressway, Oklahoma City
They’ll be collected at the end of January, and all funds raised will be presented to the Strand family.

For more information, you can visit Rural Oklahoma Pride’s Facebook page here.

Uh oh. I'm getting:

Access to jail.co.wise.tx.us was denied​

You don't have the user rights to view this page.

:(

Thanks for checking it out. I get the same message. Maybe the sites are on Holiday! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back