TX - Austin Package Bombs #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not sure. I'm assuming perhaps evangelical Christian teachings? But evangelical Christianity is very mainstream. The population of evangelical Christians doesn't produce any more or any fewer violent criminals than any other branch of mainstream Christianity as far as I know. Every "group" is going to have "good" and "bad" members. We can't paint evangelical Christians with one broad brush, just as we can't paint all Catholics or Methodists, or any other religious group as all bad or all good.

According to the Conditt family friends quoted in the article I posted upthread, RIOT is just another Bible camp, basically. They say there's nothing radical, extreme, or zealous about it. So perhaps if Conditt was radicalized into some type of extremist non-mainstream Christian sect, which is yet to be determined, he became that way through other means or on his own when he reached adulthood and moved out of his parents' house.

I wish I knew what they taught their children. Families say things but it does not make it true,

I wish I knew what they taught their children. Families say things but it does not make it true,

I agree with you human. I would like to know more general info about MAC. Seems his whole life is secret. Except for a few details from his past friends, we really know very little.

W
I agree with you human. I would like to know more general info about MAC. Seems his whole life is secret. Except for a few details from his past friends, we really know very little.

What did he do all day? If he received unemployment, in MN you have to document job search, Have no idea about Texas.

Was he looking for other jobs?

Did his parents ever go to his house ? If it was the one that was blue (tarp?) and green, it was really dilapatated from the outside. Was Dad done working on it?

Was the house nice inside? Did the parents know about the locked room?

Did he go to that Stone church?

Did he go to bars by himself? What did he do there? Interact with no one?

Were there other roommates that have moved out? Do they have anything to say?

Google certainly would know all the sites he visited, and if he uses Gmail would track all his movements if he had his cell phone turned on and with him at the time, not to mention Facebook. His online activity would paint a picture of his daily life. Not sure the public will ever know those details though.

My opinion is that he was exactly who he said he was, a psychopath. He admitted that he wasn't able to feel remorse for his actions. He was able to behave normally without getting into trouble, so what medical intervention are we talking about? There is no medical intervention that can change a psychopath.

My thoughts are, this claim "I'm a psychopath" is quite problematic.

It seems to me to indicate the guy wasn't just blindly acting out some inner impulse, or even acting from some kind of indoctrination. It's not like Mom, or bible camp, have study units on 'what are psychopaths, how to tell if you might be one, 'How to kill people, 101 effective strategies'

So where did he get these ideas about killing with random bombings and being a psychopath? He had a computer! Where else would he get these ideas?

He must have read about psychopaths, and rather than go to Mom and Dad, or a counsellor, and say 'help, I read this thing online and am afraid I might be a psychopath', something about it appealed to him, in fact he was likely strongly attracted to media stories about various types of young killers, their fame, even their 'glamour'. Some guys see these killers as heros, like outlaws in old-fashioned Westerns, they go out in a hail of bullets, etc.

I believe young men frequently have violent tendencies, which is why there are usually wars of some sort going on.

Several years before embarking on a bombing spree that terrorized Austin, Mark Conditt had turned against his family’s devout Christianity and declared himself an atheist.

It was the first of many steps that separated the 23-year-old from his oldest friends and set him on a course of increasing isolation. He lost his job in the tech industry less than a year before the bombings. Investigators have struggled for weeks to find a single confidant who could provide a window into his life.

https://www.mystatesman.com/news/in...iends-faith-sexuality/MjFJvuRaNG6sKrg5xNODKI/

I too have wondered about him not being in a relationship.

Austin bomber reportedly used Grindr, roommates thought he was gay, police struggle to discern motive

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...oommates-thought-gay-report-article-1.3983004

The revelations draw eerie parallels to Omar Mateen, the 29-year-old who killed 49 people at the Pulse gay nightclub in Orlando, Fla. Mateen came from a deeply conservative Muslim upbringing and was, like Conditt, active on Grindr.

Austin bomber reportedly used Grindr, roommates thought he was gay, police struggle to discern motive

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...oommates-thought-gay-report-article-1.3983004

The revelations draw eerie parallels to Omar Mateen, the 29-year-old who killed 49 people at the Pulse gay nightclub in Orlando, Fla. Mateen came from a deeply conservative Muslim upbringing and was, like Conditt, active on Grindr.

Still not sure why he felt it necessary to bomb innocent victims? Did he even know them? I wonder why investigators refuse to tell the public? I think the victim's families deserve to know the truth.

i dont understand this but I do not think they would provide much insight.

My general sense of the recording is that it was primarily his last effort to show proficiency in something.

It seems like it was focused on how he made each bomb

if we think about learning about that I dont think it would provide info

I have the sense like it is I placed the red wire on the bla bla and connected it to the bla bla etc etc

Omar was repressed homosexual and embarrassed by it then attacked a fun, happy gay nightclub where others felt free to be themselves.

Mark Conditt makes no sense to me at all.

Decided to leave his church, dabbled on Grider then decided to randomly bomb people. so insane.

Edit: ok, I guess Omar didn't use Grinder as reported:
https://www.snopes.com/news/2016/06/25/fbi-no-evidence-that-orlando-shooter-was-gay/

19 days of terror: One year after the Austin bombings

A year after the first bomb exploded, Conditt’s recording remains unreleased by police—and will likely stay that way.

“I absolutely understand people want to know why,” Chief Manley said. “Why did the bomber do what he did? This recording is not going to answer it.”

The recording had always been called a confession. But now, Manley---who became the permanent chief of the Austin Police Department following his handling of the bombings--calls it Conditt’s “manifesto.”

"If there were something on that recording that I believed that would make our community or another community safer I’d release it in a heartbeat," Manley says.

Chief Manley believes Conditt's words could inspire copycats, providing potential future bombers with a blueprint of what mistakes to avoid.

"There’s nothing on that video that will make any community safer, but in fact I think it could make it more dangerous," Manley warns.

And most importantly, Manley says the video won't answer the question "why?"

"There absolutely--there can never be justification for what he did."

19 days of terror: One year after the Austin bombings

A year after the first bomb exploded, Conditt’s recording remains unreleased by police—and will likely stay that way.

“I absolutely understand people want to know why,” Chief Manley said. “Why did the bomber do what he did? This recording is not going to answer it.”

The recording had always been called a confession. But now, Manley---who became the permanent chief of the Austin Police Department following his handling of the bombings--calls it Conditt’s “manifesto.”

"If there were something on that recording that I believed that would make our community or another community safer I’d release it in a heartbeat," Manley says.

Chief Manley believes Conditt's words could inspire copycats, providing potential future bombers with a blueprint of what mistakes to avoid.

"There’s nothing on that video that will make any community safer, but in fact I think it could make it more dangerous," Manley warns.

And most importantly, Manley says the video won't answer the question "why?"

"There absolutely--there can never be justification for what he did."

That's very interesting. I can understand why he feels that way. I don't agree with the idea that he, alone, should make the decision as to whether the recording could be helpful to Austin or other communities, or even to experts with more knowledge and experience in this matter.

Austin PD has improved a great deal from the dark days of their mishandling of the Yogurt Shop Murders, but every police chief who has experienced something like the Austin Bomber's reign of terror should know they work best when they seek advice and counsel from other experts on these matters.

I hope he reconsiders and convenes a committee of experts to vote on the matter. They don't have to make it public, but they should consider whether there is value in sharing it with other LE and municipal leaders.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flapperst