TX - Austin Package Bombs

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe the third was sent to the wrong address accidentally?

Is Norman mason associated with anything legally? Was he ever an attorney or involved in law?

Maybe we should be looking to see who lives next door.

I've been composing this for a while, so please forgive any repeat information being posted. I was trying to be thorough!

The victim of the first bomb (3/2/2018, 1112 Haverford Dr, Anthony Stephan House) was the president of his homeowner's association and his wife was an elementary school teacher. Per Travis County tax records, he bought the house in 2010 and he owned it outright. The Washington Post has reported that victim's stepfather, Freddie Dixon, was good friends with the grandfather (Norman Mason) of the teen who was killed with the second bomb. Freddie Dixon is a former pastor at a historic black church in Austin (Wesley United Methodist Church) and the Masons are members of this church.

The teen victim of the second bomb (3/12/2018, Oldfort Hill Dr, name not yet officially released) was in high school and also played the bass in Austin Youth Orchestra. Though the teen has not formally been identified, the Washington Post states that the victim's grandfather Norman Lewis Mason is a dentist in East Austin who has mentored African American student-athletes at UT. His wife, LaVonne Mason, is cofounder of the Austin Area Urban League and former Texas Woman's University regent. From an old article in the Austin American Statesman, she had stated that they had moved to Austin in 1970 - they chose Austin because it was "growing, stable, and could promise nice weather."

The victim of the third bomb (3/12/18, 6706 Galindo St 78741, Esperanza Moreno) lived with her mother and was described by neighbors as a good person who liked to chat and share recipes. The house is owned by Maria "Mary" Moreno outright according to the tax records - they have lived there since at least 1980 and the house was built in 1961. Her husband Theodore (Teodoro) G Moreno had worked as a driver for the state school for the deaf in the 1950s per the city directory. Freddie Dixon has stated that he does not know the Morenos.

Looking through the tax records, there is a woman named Erica Mason who owns 6702 Galindo St - this is two houses removed from 6706 Galindo St. She is approximately 34 years old. I don't know if there is any direct connection to the Mason family of the second bomb, but since this is one of the only two non-Spanish-origin names on this block, I think it's pretty interesting it's a name also associated with the second victim's family.

This is very interesting. These “ degrees of separation” connections may turn out to be coincidences but they need to be throughly investigated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neighbor who tried to revive Austin victim calls bombing 'most traumatic thing in my life'

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/13/us/austin-bombings-neighbor/index.html

Sean Philips had just woken up and was sitting on his couch when he heard the blast that would take his neighbor's life.

The explosion, police now say, came from a package that Anthony Stephan House encountered on his front porch in north Austin, Texas, on the morning of March 2.

Police say it was the first of three mysterious package bombings in 10 days in Texas' capital -- explosions that have killed two people, including House, injured two others and left city residents on edge and highly suspicious of packages delivered to their homes.

So sad ! Hope the sick perp is caught soon !

Rest gently, Anthony and Draylen.
Thoughts and prayers to those injured.

WTF is wrong with people ?
Shades of the Unabomber.

How many more African American people need to die for it to be considered okay to assume it's based on the color of their skin?

Sorry, that was snarky.

I just hate that this is happening where I live. I hate it.

RSBM

At first I thought the D.C. snipers were race- killings... until more started dying who were from every ethnic background.
So it could just be sickos.
But I agree with those who hate based on someone's skin color -- they are some of the lowest of the low !

Stay safe, leyash !

Bombs. Homemade but sophisticated bombs. Bombs that were designed to explode when picked up but that the perp was able to transport and handle without injuring himself. What kind of person or motive uses a homemade explosive as a weapon of choice? There have to be some answers if we think about it in that framework... i.e. what kind of person would use, and what kind of motive is served, by homemade explosives disguised as packages? Delivered in the dark of night and detonated by completely unsuspecting people (no guarantee on who from the household would actually spot and open the package). I feel like we need to explore the story from this angle.

RSBM

At first I thought the D.C. snipers were race- killings... until more started dying who were from every ethnic background.
So it could just be sickos.
But I agree with those who hate based on someone's skin color -- they are some of the lowest of the low !

Stay safe, leyash !

I wonder if that is a part of this. Are they showing that they have no bias, no racial motive, nor do they care what neighborhood you live in, it could happen to you. You, or your kid, could pick one up. Very scary.

If it doesn't say "Amazon", its suspicious!

Funny you say this. Yesterday I was thinking the guy is going to start using Amazon boxes (everybody can identify them quickly) once people become suspicious.

Bombs. Homemade but sophisticated bombs. Bombs that were designed to explode when picked up but that the perp was able to transport and handle without injuring himself. What kind of person or motive uses a homemade explosive as a weapon of choice? There have to be some answers if we think about it in that framework... i.e. what kind of person would use, and what kind of motive is served, by homemade explosives disguised as packages? Delivered in the dark of night and detonated by completely unsuspecting people (no guarantee on who from the household would actually spot and open the package). I feel like we need to explore the story from this angle.

I was thinking along these lines last night while catching up on the news coverage. It sounds like they don't really care who picks it up as long as it's someone in that household. They do seem to pick specific homes, it doesn't sound random, though it could be.

The sophistication of the bomb-making is disturbing. Who studies and develops something like that? What's the profile for people who do this? In the past,they used to be loners (Unabomber, etc.) but in more recent times, they're small groups of people.

I was thinking along these lines last night while catching up on the news coverage. It sounds like they don't really care who picks it up as long as it's someone in that household. They do seem to pick specific homes, it doesn't sound random, though it could be.

The sophistication of the bomb-making is disturbing. Who studies and develops something like that? What's the profile for people who do this? In the past,they used to be loners (Unabomber, etc.) but in more recent times, they're small groups of people.

Anyone can research bomb making online now. About 30 ago they would have needed to be trained or buy an instruction book.
Otherwise, I'd say they must military trained.
I hope the FBI is looking at all locals who have been viewing bomb making videos/websites in the past year.
'

Funny you say this. Yesterday I was thinking the guy is going to start using Amazon boxes (everybody can identify them quickly) once people become suspicious.

And amazon boxes would be easy to get. So would boxes from the USPS.

These sound almost like a reverse of a landmine. The landmines are rigged to be triggered by pressure. As long as you stand on the pressure activated ones, they won't go off. Maybe lifting the package, is actually releasing pressure, on something underneath the package. The package is the decoy over top of the landmine?

These sound almost like a reverse of a landmine. The landmines are rigged to be triggered by pressure. As long as you stand on the pressure activated ones, they won't go off. Maybe lifting the package, is actually releasing pressure, on something underneath the package. The package is the decoy over top of the landmine?

Good thought but at least two of the devices were brought inside the home and opened before they exploded.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-see-similarities-deadly-incidents/416955002/

The first call Monday came at 6:44 a.m. A 17-year-old male and an "adult female" found a package on their doorstep and opened it inside their kitchen. Neighbors called police after hearing an explosion inside the house.

As investigators combed through the scene, residents from south Austin called police about another explosion inside a house.

bbm

moo

Good thought but at least two of the devices were brought inside the home and opened before they exploded.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-see-similarities-deadly-incidents/416955002/

The first call Monday came at 6:44 a.m. A 17-year-old male and an "adult female" found a package on their doorstep and opened it inside their kitchen. Neighbors called police after hearing an explosion inside the house.

For got that. Maybe it's some sort of leveling device, or the trigger is set to go off when the box is opened. They affix the trigger to what will be the UP end, and the bomb device, is attached and the box is closed, on the bottom end. In other words the top is acting like a "trip line" landmine, in a box. This person is making a statement, imo. The people might not be known to him, but I think the randomness, and mix of targets, are specific, for a reason. If there are no more, then there might be a connection, but if this keeps on, the assailant has an ax to grind. Maybe to divert news coverage?

[h=1]Austin package bomb victims connected by family ties, skin color[/h]
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...tims-connected-family-ties-skin-color-n856621

[FONT=&quot]The two Texans killed by package bombs in Austin, Texas, this month were members of prominent African-American families and knew each other, the local NAACP president said Wednesday.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“They have a long history and go to the same church,” Nelson Linder said of the two victims, Stephen House and Draylen Mason, in an interview with NBC News.[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc