GUILTY TX - Billy Joe Harris for rapes of elderly women in 6 counties, 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mr. M was held March 4th to May 5th. Notice that there are no attacks reported during that time frame. Just sayin.

Here's the days of the week and the days from the last full moon. We have to remember that we have no confirmation about the actual date of the rapes. These days could be a couple of days off. I'm not confirming the last one as I've heard conflicting dates up to 2 days either way. Without exception every single reported day was either hot enough at night or chilly enough at night to run an A/C or heater, especially for an elder person.

Jan. 23, 2009 Friday 12 days from last full moon
Feb. 27, 2009 Friday 18 days from last full moon
Jul 20, 2009 Monday 13 days from last full moon
Aug. 14, 2009 Friday 8 days from last full moon
Sept. 5, 2009 Saturday (Labor Day weekend) 1 day from last full moon
Sept 12, 2009 Saturday 8 days from last full moon
Oct. 24, 2009 Saturday 20 days from last full moon
Nov. 9, 2009 Monday (Veteran's Day) 7 days from last full moon
Nov. 24, 2009 Tuesday (two days before Thanksgiving 22 days from last full moon
Feb. 28, 2009 conflicting reports/let's wait for confirmation/full moon

Missizzy, shouldn't that last one, Feb. 28, 2009 be 2010? Edit it if you still can.
jt

Here's the days of the week and the days from the last full moon. We have to remember that we have no confirmation about the actual date of the rapes. These days could be a couple of days off. I'm not confirming the last one as I've heard conflicting dates up to 2 days either way. Without exception every single reported day was either hot enough at night or chilly enough at night to run an A/C or heater, especially for an elder person.

Feb. 28, 2009 conflicting reports/let's wait for confirmation/full moon

Missizzy, shouldn't that last one, Feb. 28, 2009 be 2010? Edit it if you still can.
jt

I'm wondering if the reason the women can't give a clear description of the rapist's skin color is because he is using military camo face paint, also used by bow hunters? He could be changing up the face paint to make himself appear different each time.

Whoever he is; he's not committed another rape since the one in Moody so he has to be under surveillance. One of these days though, he will make another move, and be arrested or else he will carelessly leave his dna behind on a glass or something, and the law will catch him on that basis.

While his dna isn't on file, his fingerprints must be, and that's the reason for the surgical gloves.

NOTE: Corrected Days of Week

(Correcting error in prior post #243)

Thanks for catching that, jt. Darn, it wouldn't let me edit. I'm going to paste it below with the edit.

Feb. 28, 2010 conflicting reports/let's wait for confirmation/full moon

Mr. M was held March 4th to May 5th. Notice that there are no attacks reported during that time frame. Just sayin.

True, but there were plenty afterward. Don't you think they would be keeping an eye on him? Or should I say I hope they were keeping an eye on him?

You're right, they would have been watching him but this guy seems to like to try to outsmart everyone.

concernd--Thank you for posting the video. And it's good to have you back. Our thoughts have been with your family. I watched and listened to it three times. If anyone sees my post before they play the video, do me a favor, don't view it, just listen. What do you hear? What do you not hear?

Then view it? What do you see and not see? What's your visceral and female (for those of us who are female) response to this man? I don't want to prejudice anyone one way or the other so I'm not going to post my impressions yet. I'd really like others to take a look at this first and post.

And aren't we coming up on around four weeks? Why no DNA announcement?

Concerndgdaughter, I think it maybe too soon. Mr. M is not the rapist. His dna didn't match that of the rapist according to Yoakum LE, and right now, it might be too painful for your grandmother to see Mr. M speaking. We know the rapist was soft spoken from one of the newspaper reports posted on here, and Mr. M. is likewise soft spoken. You might ask your grandmother if at some point she might want to watch the video, but let it be her decision as to when, and if at all.

You're right, they would have been watching him but this guy seems to like to try to outsmart everyone.

concernd--Thank you for posting the video. And it's good to have you back. Our thoughts have been with your family. I watched and listened to it three times. If anyone sees my post before they play the video, do me a favor, don't view it, just listen. What do you hear? What do you not hear?

Then view it? What do you see and not see? What's our visceral and female (for those of us who are female) response to this man? I don't want to prejudice anyone one way or the other so I'm not going to post my impressions yet. I'd really like others to take a look at this first and post.

And aren't we coming up on around four weeks? Why no DNA announcement?[/QUOTE]

The DNA should definitely be available. I am guessing the DNA results did match TWR. For a variety of reasons, LE does not want the results released to the public / media. Again, this is jmo.

Hey guys, still working on this and reading ..........sure hope they nab this guys soon. Here is a map my friend and I wanted to share with you guys. The places he hits could all be accessed via back roads.
SerialRapistmap.jpg

NJ--Thank you for all the work on the map. It's intriguing to study. One of the things I remember from living in Central Texas is that there are little roads everywhere--often tiny ones not even on maps. That's totally different than other places in the country. Here in Oregon, mountains get in the way of small roads. In the midwest, there are such huge farm fields that they prevent some of the smaller roads.

Central Texas is hilly, has lots of trees, rivers, creeks, and meandering farm to market roads. My point is that this guy could take any number of small roads to get from here to there in this area. Because of budget cuts and lack of LE in small towns, he'd never be seen IMO.

I think it's possible he used small roads but he is bold. I happen to think he gets off on hiding in plain sight. For some reason still unknown to us, he's not sticking out. He doesn't have TSR flags on his car (darn it!!). I honestly think he could drive right down the main roads and save his clandestine behavior for his surveillance.

I do think the possibility of him hanging out at the cemetery in Moody to watch the most recent victim is a strong possibility. Being that we don't have addresses, we can't check to see if each house had a cemetery nearby. IME, most Texas cemeteries are right on the edge of town and usually not at the churches, like in New England and in some midwest towns. There's a few where the town has "overtaken" them but mostly they are along the edges. There's plenty of nice brick homes nearby, though. As far as I know, men who dig the graves are contracted locally. I doubt that they'd move from cemetery to cemetery. The guys use a small back-hoe and one is usually stored on or near the grounds in a shed. Could there possibly be a service, however, that maintains the cemeteries which comes around every month or so? IME, that's handled by the cemetery association but it could have changed.

I'm trying to figure out what to make of the possibility if the Moody guy was NOT the TSR. Why would he go to all the trouble to copy-cat? Anything with phones, lights, clocks, etc. would freak any elder lady out right now. I'm surprised that mean-spirited stupid teens are not having a field day breaking out porch lights. If the Moody guy just wanted money or jewelry, why not just break in when the lady was gone to her favorite cafe and be done with it? The guy in Lubbock could have done this too. But we need to remember that he also raped/attacked the woman. I'd really like to know what profilers say about this behavior.

I'm not getting this "cross-over" thing. If robbery is the motive, why rape? "I need drug money so I break into an old lady's house and wow, there she is, I think I'll rape her." Is this the way it's always been? What happened to grab and go? If you want the money, why cut phone lines, lurk around, fool with people's minds?

IMO, rape is the primary motive here and I have a hard time believing that the Moody attacker is not the TSR.

Hey guys, still working on this and reading ..........sure hope they nab this guys soon. Here is a map my friend and I wanted to share with you guys. The places he hits could all be accessed via back roads.
SerialRapistmap.jpg

Excellent, excellent, NewsJunkie! Thanks wasn't enough. I looked at your map, and one central point from which all the locations were readily accessible jumped right out at me. That point on HWY 77 between Round Rock and Bryan is Rockdale, TX. Of possible interest is that longtime resident, Alcoa Aluminum, shut down its smelting plant in Rockdale sometime between October of 2008 and January of 2009, after having operated there for 50 years. I remembered reading about this last year. Here's a link that will confirm it: http://www.rhsclassof1965.com/alcoa_news.html

Alcoa was the chief employer in that community and surrounding area, and its departure has no doubt caused widespread unemployment in a town that was already plagued with 18% living below the poverty level before the closing. The percentage gleaned from Wikipedia.

I am now wondering if the rapist wasn't working at the Alcoa Plant, and got laid-off, the lay-off triggering this string of rapes that began shortly after the plant's closing?

Some of the Alcoa employees were to receive pay for up to two years following the closing of the plant. If the rapist is unemployed, could this be how he is able to afford gas money to drive to these towns? He's getting paid, but not working? I wonder if I should call in this possible theory? Trouble is, I'm not exactly sure where I would direct such a call.

Excellent, excellent, NewsJunkie! Thanks wasn't enough. I looked at your map, and one central point from which all the locations were readily accessible jumped right out at me. That point on HWY 77 between Round Rock and Bryan is Rockdale, TX. Of possible interest is that longtime resident, Alcoa Aluminum, shut down its smelting plant in Rockdale sometime between October of 2008 and January of 2009, after having operated there for 50 years. I remembered reading about this last year. Here's a link that will confirm it: http://www.rhsclassof1965.com/alcoa_news.html

Alcoa was the chief employer in that community and surrounding area, and its departure has no doubt caused widespread unemployment in a town that was already plagued with 18% living below the poverty level before the closing. The percentage gleaned from Wikipedia.

I am now wondering if the rapist wasn't working at the Alcoa Plant, and got laid-off, the lay-off triggering this string of rapes that began shortly after the plant's closing?

Some of the Alcoa employees were to receive pay for up to two years following the closing of the plant. If the rapist is unemployed, could this be how he is able to afford gas money to drive to these towns? He's getting paid, but not working? I wonder if I should call in this possible theory? Trouble is, I'm not exactly sure where I would direct such a call.

Very interesting Just Thinking! This is exactly the kind of thinking that my friend and I wanted when we decided to post this map. I wish we had the actual city names instead of just counties. I wonder if there is a code or pattern to the locations he picks. He avoids Huntsville area and major highways IMHO and I just get the feeling the devil is in the details but we are not privy to the details.
I am not privy to the local history and news so your observation is very interesting and worth following and seeing how we could develop it. I would think that you could send your thoughts to the Rangers or even just the Moody PD and they could share it - hopefully. I sure hope these locals and the Rangers are working hand in hand better than they all did prior to 911. It will take total communication down to the smallest detail IMHO to solve this. The devil will be in the details - or that is how it feels to me. One small detail will tie the whole thing up I bet. I just pray it is soon. I hate to think of one more of our wise senior ladies being abused. :-((

I was hoping to just be able to email someone in LE about this possible theory, but I've only looked up two of the LE offices, and neither of those had an email addy. If I had something concrete, it would be easy to place a call instead.

In looking at the map I realized that the rapist could be making a loop after most of the rapes, in that he wouldn't necessarily have to travel back the same roads he took driving into a town. He could just loop around and take another route home.

Let's rethink this character in terms of the smallest towns he's hit. Zabcikville has a population of around 40, Seaton had 60 in 2000. Everybody knows everybody in those two towns. You can bet on it because of their size. Probably neither town has police coverage by day or night. Maybe Seaton might have an officer, but I'd be surprised.
The only way a stranger could case someone in these towns is after dark because by day he'd be spotted for the stranger he is. There is some restaurant in Zabcikville of note. I forget it's name, but I'll bet the rapist ate there, and I'd bet the woman's house he hit was either the one next door to the restaurant or the second house over. A neighbor in that town said the woman lived in the house 5 or 7 doors down from him, and there is a row of 7 or 8 houses on the same side of the highway as the barbecue? restaurant, Green's Sausage House, and they all front the highway.

I think this guy is going door to door acting as a solicitor of some sort. This is the only way he would have a legitimate or quasi-legitimate excuse to be a total stranger on someone's doorstep in a town of a mere 40 souls. He's passing out religious materials perhaps, Jehovah Witness or some fictitious independent church. For him it's a scam he's running, and most likely he's running others of a similar door to door nature. This is the Bible Belt. It has to be religious materials. No neighbor is going to call another neighbor to warn them of someone peddling religious materials. It's something people would accept in a small town. They would also accept someone going door to door asking if they have any antiques for sale, most probably. I don't think the antique pitch would work because people would be able to identify him if they did have something to sell. Heck, they might invite him in to take a look at stuff. That would never do for someone who wants to remain a ghost.

He's got to be breaking into homes during the day. He's not just hitting elderly women when he's burglarizing a place, No answer when he rings the doorbell, no nosy neighbors about, no car in the drive, no dogs, large shrubs for cover, and in he goes. Once in a house, he can then tell how many people live there, and how old they are by their clothing, their home decor, their bills lying out on a table, a photo of a (late) husband for whom there are no clothes in the closets.... And now he makes a mental note of the floor layout, maybe even puts it on paper, and he's ready for the rape. Shudder.

Another thing, even though the woman's house in Centerville was described as a rural residence, I'll bet there were other houses close to hers. This guy isn't looking to run a marathon chasing down elderly in deeply rural locations. He's going to want a cluster of houses so he can go door to door readily. He chooses the small towns because of their lack of police protection. He's smart when it comes to his preferred method of crime, but not too smart to get caught! I'll bet he's a little older than what's been reported too, in his 30s. After people get to be a certain age, everyone looks like a kid to them.

Wait, I think this guy is actually selling Bibles. It is the one thing most people in small rural Texas towns wouldn't need, because they most likely already have one or several. So the conversation would be very short: "Thanks, but no thanks." And this guy has no interest in selling the Bibles anyway, he just wants a way to find out who is home and who isn't. and where the widows live.

The women he's raped--they've never actually seen him, because they were not home when he hit their neighborhood with his phony scheme. At least that's what I'm thinking. If there is a town he's hit, and there have been no recent door to door salesmen, then that town could be his hometown, and the women he raped there, neighbors of his. He wouldn't need a premise. He'd be a peeping Tom, and that's how he'd choose his victims. This is all just my own opinion on how this guy operates.

The one thing my grandmother had done recently- about a couple of months ago was have her driveway re-asphalted. It is a known scam on the Bell Couty sheriff or jail website. She paid $1700 to have it done. She said she mentioned it to the investigators, but who knows if they paid attention. She said that they came to her door to see if she wanted to have it done. I don't know how you could use the same approach for a retirement community. Would you have the same skills to tar driveways if you worked at Alcoe? I will ask my granmother if anyone else had come door to door selling stuff- although I know that Schwann's is big in small towns.

If you had some ideas I am sure you could call and request to speak with someone at the McClellan county sheriff's office. I know they would love to be the ones to say they figured this out.

Thanks for the map- it is great. I am positive by the way that the guy got in at night- at least in my grandmother's case. She is home almost all the time during the day and doesn't take naps. I also know from also staying with my grandparents for a number of years that most elderly people like staying home other than drs. visits, church, regularly scheduled lunches, and bridge or bingo. He may have even gotten in there a few times while they were asleep and just watched them sleep.

When I called a few months back concerning the post I found on the "Tick Tock" moniker on the forum discussing elder rape, I called this number:

"Anyone with information is asked to call their local law enforcement agency or the Texas Department of Public Safety hotline at (866) 786-5972."

They were very polite and professional and told me that I could choose to give my name or not. I gave my name and a call back number. I also mentioned that we had been hard at work on this case on WS. They were actually quite gracious. There was no being put on hold and I was done with my report in less than five minutes.

Concernd, was your grandmother's house broken into days or weeks before the night she was raped? I was under the impression that the rapist MO was to break and enter sometime prior to the night he raped or attempted to rape his victims. I believe it was the DPS spokesperson who said that's what he had done in every instance.
I don't think working for Alcoa would require the same skills as for asphalting at all.

As I said, these were just some theories that popped into my head. I'm just guessing, and trying to apply some logic to those guesses.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
telecrushxx
Back