TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered wrong apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Protesters are rallying in downtown Dallas again Friday night, condemning the shooting death of Botham Jean inside his own apartment.

Dozens of protesters rallied outside the Dallas Police Department Headquarters before marching to the South Side Flats, where Jean was fatally wounded by Dallas officer Amber Guyger Sept. 6.
Family of Botham Jean Decries 'Smear' of His Character

At one point, a group of protesters blocked all westbound lanes of Interstate 30 at Lamar Street. The group walked to the Omni Dallas Hotel, through a Greyhound bus station before regrouping at the front entrance of the Statler Hilton hotel.

The march, organized by the Next Generation Action Network advocacy group, came the same day attorneys for the family of Jean accused Dallas officials of trying to "assassinate Jean's character" and expressed fury that authorities sought a search warrant resulting in the discovery of marijuana in the victim's apartment.

"Whether it’s smearing the ethical credibility of black elected officials that happened in our city horseshoe a couple of weeks ago or by attacking our first African-American female chief or dishonoring the life of Bo, it seems to be an insidious habit by some of being overly critical of black individuals with notoriety," Rawlings said. "This has got to stop on social media. We need them to stop and we must do our part. We must be united to honor these people not tear them down."
Protesters Rally Again in Dallas Amid Fury Over Warrant

The protest Friday night – which came upon the heels of backlash that details from a search warrant returned from Jean's apartment were released on Thursday – started at the Dallas Police Department and went north toward downtown along Lamar Street. As protesters crossed Lamar over I-30, a small group of protesters shut down the westbound lanes of the freeway, blocking traffic with their cars.

The protesters, who were carrying American flags, then joined hands, forming a line across the highway. Police responded, and the protesters drove away after about 15 minutes.

The main protest continued through downtown Dallas, stopping by the Omni Hotel and then along Commerce Street. At one point, the protest stopped outside of the Dallas Morning News building
Protesters briefly shut down I-30 during Botham Jean rally

A smaller group of about 10 people veered off and used their vehicles to block traffic on Interstate-30. After about 15 minutes, police officers showed up and the protesters line up on the interstate and raised their hands. After a bit, they all got into their vehicles and peacefully left without any incident.
Protests continue demanding justice for Botham Jean

I recommend instead of sharing that award (yep, me too) we send it to whoever wrote that stupid headline. lol

LOL!

It is hilarious how the URL is converted to the story headline, but most permalinks don't include punctuation like a semicolon and will instead use a substitute word like "and" as in this case.

Hopefully this doesn't go over too many heads here. :)

Warrants issued to gather more evidence in police shooting that killed Botham Jean

Search warrants executed by investigators with the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office are seeking data from the door locks of a police officer and the man she is accused of fatally wounding, according to published reports.
Merritt said Friday he is more comfortable with the way the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office is investigating the case. Merritt had complained about the issuance of past warrants and the release of the information that was collected.

Merritt said the district attorney’s investigators may be unsure whether Guyger is being forthcoming in her statements and are looking for evidence that will either prove or disprove her version of events.

OK, like I said, I'm still catching up so maybe I missed something, but I'm confused. In the video here:

There is a quick shot of the inventory of the search warrant. Everything listed looks like it's her stuff that she dropped and medical stuff ?? And then the marijuana is listed. So they are saying they found weed that is his, and then there is her stuff she dropped??

Attachments

• bothamjean01.PNG
    bothamjean01.PNG
    143.6 KB · Views: 30
OK, like I said, I'm still catching up so maybe I missed something, but I'm confused. In the video here:

There is a quick shot of the inventory of the search warrant. Everything listed looks like it's her stuff that she dropped and medical stuff ?? And then the marijuana is listed. So they are saying they found weed that is his, and then there is her stuff she dropped??

Looks just as likely that the weed was hers. All the other items mentioned seem to be hers.

Reading this I would thing the pot was hers.

Yes, that is what I thought, and why I am confused. I'm still reading pages back and thought it might have already been covered.

That is just less than a half ounce of weed. That is not a casual smoker. That is for someone who either smokes every day or at least several times a week. A half ounce is going to run you maybe 140-150$, depending on quality and where you live.

Yes, that is what I thought, and why I am confused. I'm still reading pages back and thought it might have already been covered.

That is just less than a half ounce of weed. That is not a casual smoker. That is for someone who either smokes every day or at least several times a week. A half ounce is going to run you maybe 140-150$, depending on quality and where you live.
Maybe it was evidence she was holding on to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicmissa