TX TX - Brandi Wells, 23, Longview, 2 Aug 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Great news and I hope they have all the ID's from who was really there that night. I think this is in no way a cold case; it should have been solved. Just poor LE work on this one, poor family.

I'd also like to know the amt of gas in the car; on the odometer. The actual reading. So little facts in such an old case. :(

I believe Brandi (if she has passed) has not been UID-recovered yet, but just in case, does anyone know of UIDs that were ruled out as being Brandi?

Because more than one woman has reported to LE a run-in with Cowboy Hat, the most likely scenario is that LE is actively investigating the guy and gathering evidence to charge him with. Making that evidence public knowledge prematurely is not something LE will or should do.

We have 50-year-old unsolved cases on these forums. Relatively speaking, this crime happened yesterday. Way too soon to start suspecting LE of not doing their job.

:twocents:

LE closed the case, and only reopened in 2013, so I am assuming they were not working hard and appropriately on it when it was closed.

Is it just me who thinks that the cell phone NOT BELONGING TO BRANDI that was found in her abandoned car IS "A LEAD"? The phone reportedly belonged to a serviceman stationed in Iraq … so said the investigators. And that was THE END of that lead? Missing person … abandoned car … property NOT BELONGING TO MISSING PERSON found in vehicle last known driven by missing person … and 7 YEARS later we're still looking "everywhere" (except at the owner of that cell phone) for answers regarding the missing Brandi Wells?? … REALLY?? …

i never understood that about the cell phone either... did this person have a connection to brandi ? had there cell been missing? or did they have someone holding on to it more info on this cell phone could really create more leads hopefullly there will be more soon. as far as going to the club with no money LOTS of young girls do this when i was 18-21 me and my friends almost never had money at the clubs mostly bc there was no need most clubs have ladies night so you get in free and its almost a guarantee that some guys will buy your drinks now that i am older i really dont care for anyone i dont know to buy my drinks but when your young you dont realize the bad things that can happen

I watched the Disappeared episode recently. If I remember correctly, the cell phone belonged to an ex boyfriend who was deployed at the time of her disappearance.

I believe the cell phone belonged to an ex of hers and it wasn't activated at the time she dissappeared

Thanks for the local perspective, JessicaW!

It does seem strange to me that Brandi would go out, apparently alone and with no money or gas.

Since you mentioned how the parking lot of Graham's is usually full of security, I wonder if Brandi could have agreed to give someone a ride home? (therefore no confrontation or suspicious activity in the parking lot) Then upon arriving at that individual's place she could have been killed and disposed of. That individual then could have abandoned her car where it was found.

Longview is such a small place. Like I said before, everybody at Graham's knows everyone else. The club employees frequent local establishments a lot, banks, tanning salons, other bars, etc. so they know tons of people. I'm sure that is how they remembered that it was Brandi who kept calling to ask for directions, I'm sure she stuck out like a sore thumb. When they saw one of their regular customers with her, I'm sure they didn't think twice about it, even if he was behaving suspiciously.

East Texas is pretty notorious for sweeping things under the rug to avoid scandal. Check out the Kelly Wilson disappearance. She went missing in a town next to Longview and the killer walks free. That's just one example of the bizarre East Texas police work.

I just watched the disappeared episode about her. A few things stick out in my mind:

1. Why was she carrying around an inactivated cell phone of her ex bf? And it took police several days to show the phone to Brandi's mom and discover this wasn't her actually phone. I can't believe it took them that long to put two-and-two together.

2. Her real cell phone had no activity for ~9 days after she disappeared. Then supposedly those thugs got a hold of it and used it, etc. I think it's odd that the cell phone was able to hold a battery charge that long, even if not in use. I know my phones couldn't go 9 days without being charged. Unless the thugs charged it and then used it.

3. I agree with previous poster who asked about finger prints on the steering wheel. Obviously Brandi wasn't driving that car at the end due to the position of the seat. So did they dust the wheel and the shifter for prints? The door handles? I'm sure they did...but nothing was mentioned about this in the episode.

4. The shot of the gas can that they showed in the tv show...the gas can had some dust/dirt on it. This makes me think that it wasn't a brand-new can that she purchased. It was either in her car for a long time, or someone else's car and they "helped" her get gas.

I just watched the disappeared episode about her. A few things stick out in my mind:

1. Why was she carrying around an inactivated cell phone of her ex bf? And it took police several days to show the phone to Brandi's mom and discover this wasn't her actually phone. I can't believe it took them that long to put two-and-two together.

2. Her real cell phone had no activity for ~9 days after she disappeared. Then supposedly those thugs got a hold of it and used it, etc. I think it's odd that the cell phone was able to hold a battery charge that long, even if not in use. I know my phones couldn't go 9 days without being charged. Unless the thugs charged it and then used it.

3. I agree with previous poster who asked about finger prints on the steering wheel. Obviously Brandi wasn't driving that car at the end due to the position of the seat. So did they dust the wheel and the shifter for prints? The door handles? I'm sure they did...but nothing was mentioned about this in the episode.

4. The shot of the gas can that they showed in the tv show...the gas can had some dust/dirt on it. This makes me think that it wasn't a brand-new can that she purchased. It was either in her car for a long time, or someone else's car and they "helped" her get gas.

The last flip phone I ever had would go 10 days without needing to be charged. I remember that exact number because it always surprised me. I didn't use it much though. Maybe a few phone calls in that time.

The last flip phone I ever had would go 10 days without needing to be charged. I remember that exact number because it always surprised me. I didn't use it much though. Maybe a few phone calls in that time.

A lot of phones we are used to of nowdays lose battery faster then the simple flip phones from back in the day because they have apps and all these other things on there. The flip phone was pretty simple, so it's possible for it to have stayed charged for 9 days.

I saw the disappeared episode recently and wondered if there was any updates in the case. I wonder why it was reopened when it should never have been closed.

It is strange the lady in the bar who last spoke to Brandi had a friend who also went missing years earlier. I feel sorry for this lady she must wonder all the time what happened to both of them.

Does the other lady who went missing years earlier have a thread here?

In Brandi's case what do you guys think of the strange phone call Brandi's mom got from a man called "Tim" saying only that Brandi was alive and living in Kansas City, Missouri? Why would a guy phone her mum? Where did he get her number from? Why would he say Brandi was in Kansas City, Missouri?

http://www.cbs19.tv/story/12079655/mysterious-man-claims-missing-east-texas-woman-is-alive

There are loads of unanswered questions in this case which other posters have already asked. I hope Brandi's family and friends find out what happened one day.

I have set up email alerts for this case so will post any updates I find.

Is it just me who thinks that the cell phone NOT BELONGING TO BRANDI that was found in her abandoned car IS "A LEAD"? The phone reportedly belonged to a serviceman stationed in Iraq … so said the investigators. And that was THE END of that lead? Missing person … abandoned car … property NOT BELONGING TO MISSING PERSON found in vehicle last known driven by missing person … and 7 YEARS later we're still looking "everywhere" (except at the owner of that cell phone) for answers regarding the missing Brandi Wells?? … REALLY?? …

It belonged to her ex boyfriend, who was deployed at the time she went missing.

I saw the disappeared episode recently and wondered if there was any updates in the case. I wonder why it was reopened when it should never have been closed.

It is strange the lady in the bar who last spoke to Brandi had a friend who also went missing years earlier. I feel sorry for this lady she must wonder all the time what happened to both of them.

Does the other lady who went missing years earlier have a thread here?

In Brandi's case what do you guys think of the strange phone call Brandi's mom got from a man called "Tim" saying only that Brandi was alive and living in Kansas City, Missouri? Why would a guy phone her mum? Where did he get her number from? Why would he say Brandi was in Kansas City, Missouri?

http://www.cbs19.tv/story/12079655/mysterious-man-claims-missing-east-texas-woman-is-alive

There are loads of unanswered questions in this case which other posters have already asked. I hope Brandi's family and friends find out what happened one day.

I have set up email alerts for this case so will post any updates I find.

I'm sure her number isn't unlisted, so he probably just looked it up. He could be a psychic, or a psycho who likes to torment people. Maybe he was even there that night, and has since moved. Hopefully LE takes a look at him.

I'm sure her number isn't unlisted, so he probably just looked it up. He could be a psychic, or a psycho who likes to torment people. Maybe he was even there that night, and has since moved. Hopefully LE takes a look at him.

I hope so too the call is strange. I hope law enforcement traced that call and found out who the guy was and if he knows anything. It is very cruel that someone could call a family member of a loved one who is missing as a joke.

I just watched the show on her case. In the video surveillance, Brandi leaves the nightclub in front of a tall man in a cowboy hat. At first she goes in a different direction than he, but as they pointed out she veers and goes to the left. If you watch him, he turns his head as if saying something to her. Has anyone ever mentioned if he was checked out? I hope he has been. I would think he could be identified by matching his id swipe to the surveillance tape.

I had the exact same thoughts. When I watched the episode, I was saying the guy in the hat. Something in the body language, like they were walking together. I maybe wrong. I was young once too and no one deserves thus to happen ever. But why did this young woman insist on going so far, alone with no money. Doesn't make sense to me. Then again, as my daughter and I watch Disappeared, I put myself in many a similar situation. I hope she is found soon.

Does anyone know if Brandi was ruled out; NamUs UP # 4872 ?

I saw the Disappeared episode for the first time today, and came across even more confused about the cowboy-hat-man. I mean, it REALLY looks like he's leaving with her A LOT. Or, at least that they are speaking. And it's very weird watching that on the screen, and then hearing them all say "and Brandi, who can be seen here leaving alone" etc. You would think there would be at least a mention of how much, in the video, it looks like they're going the same way. Brandi comes out and goes straight on, Cowboy Hat goes left. But then, Brandi turns and heads the same way he was, as can be seen by the shadow...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892
Back