TX TX - Brandi Wells, 23, Longview, 2 Aug 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I remember that episode. That episode is upsetting because I feel like since it was in Mexico, the family may never have resolution. If I recall correctly the boyfriend and Kelly were heard from months after anyone heard from Ginny again, correct? I could be wrong. I'm curious as to your perspective on what happened since you personally know the girls and know more of their personalities. But Maybe that's gotta be taken over to their thread. I've been here a little while but I'm not so great with rules sometimes lol. Anyway I think a persons personality makes a huge difference when considering scenarios and can def change someone's perspective.

I recently posted more about it in their thread.

Its my understanding that they all stopped being heard from roughly around the same time. (But I could be wrong)

To summarize, Kelly and Irvin may have been wanting to go to Mexico to avoid being arrested. Ginny was lonely and jumped at the chance to see her friend (and may or may not have known they were probably going to ask her to help them flee). Then somewhere along the way, Irvin does something stupid and gets them all killed. Just my quick thinking.

Edit: deleted image as I cannot link the source. Sorry.

Thanks for the information. The Disappeared episode is called "The End of Innocence". It has some good information like where Brandi Well's car was found along the interstate. It was a little confusing at first, but I figured out the correct spot along the interstate. From what I read this was the first episode of Disappeared from December 2009. It was not the first episode that I saw, but the first one of this television show. I used to watch this show all the time. It is kind of sad how many missing people there are who just vanish without a trace.

Some of the episodes have a conclusion, but as you probably already know, Brandi Well's story does not, and still does not all these years later. Like so many missing person's cases, we wait for the day when there is a conclusion.
Correct was the first episode . I just realized lately that all the episodes are free on the ID Go app but episodes have been disappearing ( no pun ) from the early series . On season 1 there is only 1 episode now available now , episode 5.

In the past 15 years, little solid information about the case has emerged, leaving Tant frustrated and hoping someone stumbles upon evidence or comes forward with direct knowledge of what happened the night of her daughter’s disappearance.

“You know people don’t realize what they do to not only the victim of the crime, but the family,” she said this past week, voice breaking. “The loved ones that are left behind with so many questions that are not answered because somebody is too chicken to come forward with it now.”
'I'm not giving up': 15 years after daughter's disappearance in Longview, Tyler woman still looking

The Unsolved Disappearance of Brandi Wells

Wanted To Share A Few Things

Before I begin I just want to say that written below is my thoughts theories , opinions and some facts we probably are all aware of about this case and I wanted to let some stuff flow free so please take the things that are IMO lightly thank you and thank you for reading.

I have followed this case since I discovered it 2 years after Brandi went missing and I saw the episode on her case on an episode of ID on YouTube . so for a lot of years I have followed this case hoping for an update , some sort of resolution for her and her family , she reminded me of myself I used to be less afraid less aware of how cruel the world could be and I'm shorter than Brandi I'm 4ft 10 inches tall , I have dark hair like her too I'm now nearly 35 so there wasn't a huge age difference between her and I , so this case always stood out to me and I could never let it go .

a lot of her case doesn't make sense and since watching the ID episode multiple times I've also listened to the podcast about her case and herd her mum speak about what she knew , some of the info filled in the odd gap or made something else make a little bit more sense , but it showed how much was left unanswered even for her poor mother and sister and other family members, the whole case boggles my mind .

last known activity on her phone was calls to the night club and nothing more after till if I'm correct a week later when someone started using her phone and last physical sighting of her is her entering and leaving the bar/club on their cctv , her car was located west bound as if she was intending to make her way home but I'm unsure if for definite her car door was left ajar / open like seen on the ID episode reconstruction , if it was that could lend a reason as to why her cell phone wound up where it did someone could have driven past the car seen it park up door open and her cell phone could have been in the front of the car stole it and ran and that's how it got where it was , just a possible thought of mine .

but still why was the other phone left behind and her purse and why was the gas can there if it may not belong to Brandi and if it did why was it there and no signs of gas in it , why was her seat pushed so far back and left like that she wouldn't have been able to drive with it like that unless someone else drove her car to where it was left abandoned ,or yeah maybe the fob I've seen people mention for her gas tank or whatever its for maybe she was looking for it , but if she did and didn't find it then where did she go after that , why leave her purse behind and where did the car keys go and why leave the car door wide open .

I mean witness statements from the club documented that she barely drank any alcohol and wasn't drunk/intoxicated and out of control in any sort of way and that some remembered her asking for help to get gas , but other than that nothing else peculiar or strange with Brandi took place that night .

I've gone over the cctv footage millions of times from that night and i noticed u can still see her feet or shadows of them in top right when she walks of screen and a man in a white cowboy hat once she is off screen partially turns as if possibly speaking to her then you see her feet turn and move to left towards the side he is at only she is out of view so its possible he waited till she was out of view of camera and called out to her , or maybe she was going the wrong way to her car I don't know if we will ever know the answer to that .

there's a lot to discuss on this case , a lot that doesn't make sense or add up including what her mother went through when her SSN was used more than a year or two after her disappearance but it doesn't seem to be Brandi that even used it , so many things don't add up and what police do know that haven't seemed to have shared a great deal of the information and what they have shared doesn't help put any pieces together and certainly didn't help them put pieces together and garner more leads i feel like the messed up the case a few times and didn't even take responsibility for it and try and fix some f the damage and savage what they could at the time for evidence and let a lot slip through their hands and all these years later they have never outed more info to the public or relaunched it as a cold case to get it active to see what may or may not shake loose that I am aware of anyways .

this case is very close to my heart and the case that made become an armchair detective and caused me to dig deeper into case and keep my own files on the info about cases i come across .

I hope one day soon Brandi can be found in someway shape or form and the answers will come for her and her family's sake on what happened to her they deserve answers deserve to find her and bring her home .
I hope there will be an update on the remains found behind a Longview motel to know weather its a piece to this puzzle or a piece to another family's puzzle .

thank you again for reading this folks it's greatly appreciated and if you want to chat back to me with posts here or even go to my profile to talk to me there feel free I'm happy to chat there's a lot to talk about and explore with this case but too much to list here in one post

I find it quite odd that Brandi was reported to be going around the club asking men to give her gas money. This is so beyond strange. I really hate to even bring up this possibility, but was she a sex worker looking for clients perhaps? Or, is it possible that she was so hard up for cash that she accepted an offer of gas in exchange for something that isn't money...I honestly think this is quite a legitimate possibility. I'd love to hear any input.

I find it quite odd that Brandi was reported to be going around the club asking men to give her gas money. This is so beyond strange. I really hate to even bring up this possibility, but was she a sex worker looking for clients perhaps? Or, is it possible that she was so hard up for cash that she accepted an offer of gas in exchange for something that isn't money...I honestly think this is quite a legitimate possibility. I'd love to hear any input.

My biggest theory (and I have a few) is that she went to that club because she was doing something dumb as a young woman in a (former at this point?) relationship.

She had her ex-boyfriend's phone in her car. He was on a military deployment at the time. WHY???? Who carries that around on them? A lot of people give the investigators a hard time for not knowing it wasn't her phone when they first found it in the car. Hers was found a few miles away. So, why would they have reason to believe it wasn't hers? Who do you know that would carry around their ex-boyfriend's phone in their purse at all times?? (even more so with the assumption that it remained charged)

One of my theories is that she saw something on that phone that lead her to that bar. Maybe her ex was texting someone who worked there, or frequented it a lot. Maybe her ex frequented the place a lot and she had to get a glimpse of the place for herself.

I truly think she may have gone to that bar in an attempt to gather more information about someone there, possibly to even confront someone. I think it may possibly explain why she seemed so secretive about it and made the desperate move to ask several people for gas money before she left. Once everyone turned her down, she just decided she would get gas some other way and worry about that obstacle when the time came.

I don't think she was a sex worker, I cannot find any arrest records of her for soliciting, and it does not sound right a sex worker would go to an unfamiliar place to find clients while not even have enough gas in the tank of her car. This is my theory in one of my previous post

And why she went to that club at first place ? She was not familiar with that club, she had to call the club several times for direction, that club was far from her home and she ought to know she did not have enough gas and she did not have money to buy gas. Sound to me she went to that club for some purpose, maybe she want to meet someone? if so looks like she did not have that person's number, maybe they met before at some place and had a pleasant time but did not exchange their number, that person told her "If you want to find me, I always go to that club" ? when she did not find that person in the club, she had to ask other patrons for gas money

I don't think she was a sex worker, I cannot find any arrest records of her for soliciting, and it does not sound right a sex worker would go to an unfamiliar place to find clients while not even have enough gas in the tank of her car. This is my theory in one of my previous post

And why she went to that club at first place ? She was not familiar with that club, she had to call the club several times for direction, that club was far from her home and she ought to know she did not have enough gas and she did not have money to buy gas. Sound to me she went to that club for some purpose, maybe she want to meet someone? if so looks like she did not have that person's number, maybe they met before at some place and had a pleasant time but did not exchange their number, that person told her "If you want to find me, I always go to that club" ? when she did not find that person in the club, she had to ask other patrons for gas money

I think your theory is pretty solid too, someone saying they go there a lot and can be found there.

To me, I still can't shake the ex's phone being on her person, apparently charged and being carried around with her at all times. She was really young too, 23. I can absolutely see at least one woman I was involved with doing something crazy if she saw some texts in my phone or saw me checking out someone's social media (I know it was 2006 but social media was around and used a lot). I think she may have gone there to spy, snoop, or confront a woman the ex was involved with. Or, if she just "had a feeling" she may have driven there after seeing it mentioned in some of his messages or social media searches.

I am 33 and I lived through things a lot like this during 2006ish, as a military guy. I would normally never come up with something so outlandish, but her carrying the ex's phone around compulsively really seems like a clue to me.

I almost wonder if she even made it out of the parking lot that evening. So many different things could have happened. Perhaps she was sexually assaulted or someone attempted and unfortunately ended with her demise. It’s plausible that happened before the car even left the area or got on the interstate. Maybe the car was moved to delay any police involvement or maybe the perp didn’t have his own mode of transportation there and took the car to a close enough point where he could get help with covering up what happened. I really wish something new would break this case so that her family can get some closure. They deserve it and she deserves a proper resting place.[/QUOTE

Seems way too risky to do anything in the parking lot but possibly abduct her...and it seems like there's definitely more than one person involved. There was 3 people that where questioned as far as her cell phone situation goes...to be honest 3 perps sounds about right. U would need one person to drive her car to ditch it, while another follows to pick up the person ditching the vehicle. And then u would need another possibly with her in another vehicle to ditch her phone that was found on her. She was the target and I believe it was more than one person involved.

Rainydaybaby,
I actually noticed the exact same thing ur saying about the tall dude with the cowboy hat...he sure looked tall right (reverting back to the position of her driver's seat). It did appear to me as well that they were leaving together and she was walking straight until he maybe said, "I'm parked over here" or something along those lines, which would exain why she veered to the left in sync with him.

I think your theory is pretty solid too, someone saying they go there a lot and can be found there.

To me, I still can't shake the ex's phone being on her person, apparently charged and being carried around with her at all times. She was really young too, 23. I can absolutely see at least one woman I was involved with doing something crazy if she saw some texts in my phone or saw me checking out someone's social media (I know it was 2006 but social media was around and used a lot). I think she may have gone there to spy, snoop, or confront a woman the ex was involved with. Or, if she just "had a feeling" she may have driven there after seeing it mentioned in some of his messages or social media searches.

I am 33 and I lived through things a lot like this during 2006ish, as a military guy. I would normally never come up with something so outlandish, but her carrying the ex's phone around compulsively really seems like a clue to me.

This theory makes the most sense to me. 2006 I was Brandi's age and about to be married. I was still foolish then and my reason for that marriage is something I would not even consider marrying for now. But you are absolutely right. Many girls would do exactly what you are speaking of. I know nothing of the relationship between her and her ex boyfriend but I can think of many different reasons I personally would have went somewhere if I had a suspicion. I have to wonder tho if she had found something in his phone, had she had the chance to bring it to his attention first?? Is it possible she confronted him and he said ".....I met her when I went to ...bar". And so there she went and someone waited for her to leave and followed her so other bar patrons would
Not notice.

I hope someone breaks the silence in this case sooner rather than later.

This theory makes the most sense to me. 2006 I was Brandi's age and about to be married. I was still foolish then and my reason for that marriage is something I would not even consider marrying for now. But you are absolutely right. Many girls would do exactly what you are speaking of. I know nothing of the relationship between her and her ex boyfriend but I can think of many different reasons I personally would have went somewhere if I had a suspicion. I have to wonder tho if she had found something in his phone, had she had the chance to bring it to his attention first?? Is it possible she confronted him and he said ".....I met her when I went to ...bar". And so there she went and someone waited for her to leave and followed her so other bar patrons would
Not notice.

I hope someone breaks the silence in this case sooner rather than later.

Well, he was on a military deployment when this happened. It was 2006, and much tougher to communicate worldwide, especially in a deployed setting. (I was in Iraq in 2008, 2009, 2010. Pretty limited).

It makes a lot of sense to me that the phone had something on it that really inspired her to go there. I’m just not sure why she would have that phone on her, charged, and inside the car. I am not sure WHY anyone would go on deployment and give their ex girlfriend their phone for safe keeping in the first place.

According to Trace Evidence podcast, the ex-boyfriends phone was mistaken for her phone at first, and the police called every single number in the phone (thinking it was her phone). None of them had ever heard of Brandi. (Or at least denying hearing of her). This indicates to me that the phone will still in service for some reason. This could throw off me theory though, as someone might have mentioned a woman interested in learning more about her ex-bfs movements or places he went to, and called them using that phone.

I have always found it extremely suspicious that she was dating a man in the army (specifically the army) who went on deployment and then had her SSN used years later in North Carolina on a job application, which was then traced back to the addressed used, which was a retired army (specific branch) member who denied knowing her.

It has been 16 years since Brandi Wells disappeared after leaving a nightclub in Longview, Texas. There is security video of her leaving the club. Her vehicle was found alongside the interstate as if she was traveling back home that night. It is thought she ran out of gas. Whatever happened next is still a mystery.

My biggest theory (and I have a few) is that she went to that club because she was doing something dumb as a young woman in a (former at this point?) relationship.

She had her ex-boyfriend's phone in her car. He was on a military deployment at the time. WHY???? Who carries that around on them? A lot of people give the investigators a hard time for not knowing it wasn't her phone when they first found it in the car. Hers was found a few miles away. So, why would they have reason to believe it wasn't hers? Who do you know that would carry around their ex-boyfriend's phone in their purse at all times?? (even more so with the assumption that it remained charged)

One of my theories is that she saw something on that phone that lead her to that bar. Maybe her ex was texting someone who worked there, or frequented it a lot. Maybe her ex frequented the place a lot and she had to get a glimpse of the place for herself.

I truly think she may have gone to that bar in an attempt to gather more information about someone there, possibly to even confront someone. I think it may possibly explain why she seemed so secretive about it and made the desperate move to ask several people for gas money before she left. Once everyone turned her down, she just decided she would get gas some other way and worry about that obstacle when the time came.
I‘ve always thought it seemed rather impulsive, even a bit desperate, to drive such a distance to that club when she didn’t have enough gas or gas money. So whatever her reason for going there very well could have had to do with some information she felt she just had to find out. Was the military guy already an “ex“ prior to being deployed, or after?
Has there been any explanation as to why she had his cell phone?

16 years today is when Brandi was last seen , ive followed this case for at least 10 years or just over , I've hoped everyday something new would come up or she might be found and i will keep hoping that there will be some news soon , a lot of questions circle my mind daily on this case and i always think about her .

i might make another post soon like the one i previously posted , i feel maybe a new fresh look at this case by authorities and maybe other podcasters and youtubers retelling the story and interviewing family after all this time could possibly shake something loose somewhere somehow maybe that's just me

always in my thoughts Brandi

16 years today is when Brandi was last seen , ive followed this case for at least 10 years or just over , I've hoped everyday something new would come up or she might be found and i will keep hoping that there will be some news soon , a lot of questions circle my mind daily on this case and i always think about her .

i might make another post soon like the one i previously posted , i feel maybe a new fresh look at this case by authorities and maybe other podcasters and youtubers retelling the story and interviewing family after all this time could possibly shake something loose somewhere somehow maybe that's just me

always in my thoughts Brandi
Trace Evidence covered her case a while back.

TheTrailWentCold has covered the same cases at Trace Evidence more than once, so I expect Robin will do a rendition of it eventually.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi
Back