TX TX - Brandi Wells, 23, Longview, 2 Aug 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is there a link to the video of her leaving the club? Tia

Circumstances of Disappearance:
Brandi Wells was last seen in Longview, Texas on 08/03/2006. She traveled from Tyler, TX to Longview to go to a bar (Graham Central Station) and arrived at 10:30 PM on 08/02/2006. She was unfamiliar with the area where the bar was located, and had to call them several times to ask for directions. By the time she got there, her car was almost out of gasoline and she asked other customers for assistance, but it is unclear whether anyone offered to help her. She left alone shortly after midnight and never made it home. Wells' black four-door 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix was found five days later parked westbound on Interstate 20 at Texas Highway 31, just outside of Longview and 300 yards west of FM 2087. Inside were some of her personal belongings, including her wallet, purse and her ex-boyfriend's nonfunctional cellular phone. There was no sign of Wells at the scene and no indications of a struggle, but the driver's seat was reportedly pushed back, as if someone much taller than Wells had driven it last. There was a plastic gas can in the trunk, which her loved ones don't believe belonged to her. After Wells disappeared, there was some activity on her own cell phone, which had disappeared with her. Three people found the phone and used it. All three individuals took a polygraph test; one of them, a man, failed it. The man has not been publicly identified, and though he has been interviewed multiple times by police, he has not been called a suspect in Wells' case. Wells may have been taken against her will and foul play is possible in her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.

Case Last Updated:
Oct 08, 2023

This case has always been really interesting to me.

I have a theory about why she was at that specific bar.

I think she found something on her ex-boyfriends cellphone that compelled her to want to check that particular bar out. Maybe some flirty texts with a bartender, maybe discussing how he met his friends or a love interest there.

I think that is why she had the phone in her car in the first place. She either wanted to look around for information and/or possibly try to confront someone.

The phone has always been a really off detail to me. Why did she have it in her car, still charged? I think there is a reason and explanation for it.

In 2006 I was dating my (now) wife and this just reminds me A LOT of something she would do if she had found something like that in my phone.

Brandi Wells disappeared 18 years ago today after leaving a nightclub in Longview, Texas at around 12:30am on August 3rd, 2006.

Her car was found parked off in the grass alongside interstate I-20 heading westbound. Some reports say the driver's side door was ajar. To this day, I have heard conflicting stories about whether or not the car was actually out of gas. If the car was indeed out of gas, then a roadside abduction would make sense. She also had a gas can in the car that no one seems to know where it came from.

If her car was not out of gas, then maybe it was some sort of mechanical problem that caused it to stop. Maybe someone pretending to be a police officer stopped her? Other theories are that she was immediately abducted into her own vehicle after leaving the nightclub and someone else drove her car to the location where it was found. This does not make a lot of sense though unless there is another vehicle involved.

Supposedly Brandi Wells called the nightclub a few times to get directions. She also asked others if they would want to go to the club with her. I wonder about her financial situation because I thought it was strange she would not even have a credit card if she needed to get gas.

The only conclusion is that Brandi Wells was abducted sometime after she left the nightclub, but before her car was found alongside I-20. Maybe someday there will be some answers in this strange missing person's case.

Brandi Wells disappeared 18 years ago today after leaving a nightclub in Longview, Texas at around 12:30am on August 3rd, 2006.

Her car was found parked off in the grass alongside interstate I-20 heading westbound. Some reports say the driver's side door was ajar. To this day, I have heard conflicting stories about whether or not the car was actually out of gas. If the car was indeed out of gas, then a roadside abduction would make sense. She also had a gas can in the car that no one seems to know where it came from.

If her car was not out of gas, then maybe it was some sort of mechanical problem that caused it to stop. Maybe someone pretending to be a police officer stopped her? Other theories are that she was immediately abducted into her own vehicle after leaving the nightclub and someone else drove her car to the location where it was found. This does not make a lot of sense though unless there is another vehicle involved.

Supposedly Brandi Wells called the nightclub a few times to get directions. She also asked others if they would want to go to the club with her. I wonder about her financial situation because I thought it was strange she would not even have a credit card if she needed to get gas.

The only conclusion is that Brandi Wells was abducted sometime after she left the nightclub, but before her car was found alongside I-20. Maybe someday there will be some answers in this strange missing person's case.
I have seen/heard/read a lot of conflicting information about the gas can. Some sources say she was very absent minded and would bring a gas can with her because she was prone to run out of gas. Other sources say the can was not hers and they are unsure where it came from.

The TraceEvidencePodcast rendition of this story claims that she asked multiple people for gas money (such as her mother) and the way it was framed made it sound like she was not flush with funds for it. IIRC, in this podcast research, her mother told her she did not have any money to lend her because she (her mother) was waiting for her paycheck.

One detail I am interested in is the car starting fob chip. According to TraceEvidence, that chip was missing from her car. I have had a car with a chip like that in it before. It is about the size of a thumbdrive and mine was under my steering wheel area where my knees would be. I have wondered if she accidently knocked it out of its slot when she pulled over (not hard to do) and was looking for it in the dark. It may explain why the seat was pushed far back too, instead of a taller person driving, maybe she was looking for the fob. I also wonder if she had another person in the car with her for (lack of better words) "a fun car time" and they together knocked the chip loose.

My most likely theory is that she found something on her ex-boyfriend's phone that compelled her to visit that particular bar. She was driving around with that phone, apparently fully charged. The investigators thought it was her phone at first, and called every number in it. I think she went there to scope something out, get information, or look for a certain person she came across in her exe's phone. I had thought this for a long time, but I JUST listened to the case of Pedro Bravo and something similar happened. Pedro's ex-girlfriend was now secretly dating his friend (Christian). He learned about this because his friend's ex-girlfriend went through Christian's email and social media accounts when he was still logged into her PC, which she then relayed to Pedro.

I think that is how she wound up at that bar. Besides that, I am pretty baffled about how her car wound up where it did and how she went missing.

I drive by the bar she went missing from daily and pray she is found ! The family deserves answers. I feel like someone knows something. The RV park up the hill from where her car was found has always interested me.

I have another theory about the missing car fob too.

If Brandi was with someone in the car against her will, she could have pulled that out cleverly to keep them from taking her somewhere else in the car. She may have tried to run away but was caught up to.

Alternatively, she may have been being abducted but cleverly took the fob out before she was taken. This would have left the car undriveable, but still at the same spot, leaving a clue to where she was when she was taken.

These are all just ideas and theories about why that fob was missing.

I have another theory about the missing car fob too.

If Brandi was with someone in the car against her will, she could have pulled that out cleverly to keep them from taking her somewhere else in the car. She may have tried to run away but was caught up to.

Alternatively, she may have been being abducted but cleverly took the fob out before she was taken. This would have left the car undriveable, but still at the same spot, leaving a clue to where she was when she was taken.

These are all just ideas and theories about why that fob was missing.
I have never heard about this missing car fob in Brandi Wells case. If I understand you correctly the car fob was never found meaning someone found it.

I have never heard about this missing car fob in Brandi Wells case. If I understand you correctly the car fob was never found meaning someone found it.
It is mentioned in episode 050 of Trace Evidence Podcast.

Fob may not be the name of the part for the car. I had one in my 2000s model Mustang, its very similar to a USB stick.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back