TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Between the pickup and the "new" pin area are wheat fields to start, followed by mesquite, cedar, prickly pear, tassajia (sp), bee brush so thick you can't get through unless you're on an animal trail,dry creek beds, gullies, and cliff-like river banks. Unless you are incredibly familiar with the county roads, you can't get there in a vehicle in the timeframe released. Even if you are familiar with the roads, you still have to go to the outer edges of Bronte.

Between the pickup and the "new" pin area are wheat fields to start, followed by mesquite, cedar, prickly pear, tassajia (sp), bee brush so thick you can't get through unless you're on an animal trail,dry creek beds, gullies, and cliff-like river banks. Unless you are incredibly familiar with the county roads, you can't get there in a vehicle in the timeframe released. Even if you are familiar with the roads, you still have to go to the outer edges of Bronte.

Thank you for explaining. I can almost picture what the statement means now "rough terrain". I never took into account there not being lights, such as moonlight or street lights. I can picture pure darkness and running into the thick brush and mesquite trees and imagining it could be very difficult or very painful. This would make sense as to why a person might say I'm bleeding.

IMO.

This has probably been posted in thread #2 as well. There are 101 comments and MM gives a very thorough statement in her comment on page 4 , about BL and when and where searches were done.

MM also comments about crime stopper tips and searching elsewhere.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1069601

Sorry for the repost, but I had not actually read through all the comments before.

This has probably been posted in thread #2 as well. There are 101 comments and MM gives a very thorough statement in her comment on page 4 , about BL and when and where searches were done.

Sorry for the repost, but I had not actually read through all the comments before.

I remember this , what bothered me was that the article seemed to be about looking for BL's remains. Why did everyone at that time believe he was dead? Until there is proof there is always the possibility he is alive. JMO :moo:

On page 2 of the comments, we can not post any of directly right? , but can we paraphrase them? TIA

I have a couple of question's regarding one of them.

On page 2 of the comments, we can not post any of directly right? , but can we paraphrase them? TIA

I have a couple of question's regarding one of them.

Correct, you can't copy and paste comments and they are considered rumor. You can point to a certain comment but discussing it can derail the thread.

We don't want rumors to grow legs kwim?

Hope that helps.

So it sounds like when he told K and A he was in a field and they thought they heard him scuffling around in the brush, he was probably in a wheat field. We don't know how far he might have made it between the time he called K for gas at 12:38 and the time he called 911 at 12:53. I wonder what time he told K he was in a field and 10 minutes up the road? Was that while they were all at the truck or was it closer to 12:38 as they were driving out there? I'm trying to determine just how far he might have made it running through a wheat field. When he called 911 at 12:53 he said he was in a field also. He also mentioned the woods as best we can tell. Did he go through woods first then arrived in a wheat field or did he start out in a wheat field and then hit a wooded area? If the new ping location is semi accurate, according to MM he FIRST would have went through wheat fields then hit the more wooded area.

Just MOO but I still think the hog blood scent picked up by TexSAR could have been B's blood. I know there are lots of hogs, and dead hogs in the area.
MM do you know if there was a recent hog kill from the trapper helicopter prior to B going missing?

I hope this is ok to discuss, if not Mods remove please.
IF (I'm just saying IF) B got drugs at Walmart (or elsewhere) prior to heading out there he could have been high as a kite and really amped up and could have been running. How far could he have gotten? 3 miles by 1:18? If he took off for the field at approx the same time he called K for gas at 12:38 that would only be about 40 minutes. Is that possible running? If not just how far could he have gotten given the terrain?

You know, I've read lots of comments about the lack of LE concern and searching for BL and I have to say that I've followed many a missing person case over the last few years and quite honestly Coke County LE and the Ranger have done more searching for B than I've seen on many other MP cases.

I often see ignorant comments like "they should search every inch of the county" and such. The people that say this have no idea what something like that would entail. Doing a grid search of just a few miles is a long and tedious task and not an easy one in rough terrain. On other cases I've seen people say they should do a 20 mile radius grid search of the last known location and I'm like HUH? Are you freaking kidding me? This is a ridiculous ignorant comment IMO and one that is completely impossible.

Some interesting info to help understand cell phone pings and cell phone triangulation. I'm guessing the new ping info is from triangulation since LL claims it is more accurate then the original ping data which was probably off a single tower thus less accurate and only giving a general radius of where the phone could have been. We need to know where there are cell phone towers in that area. I think techpuppy posted a map but it is probably back in thread 2 which we can't access at the moment.

http://searchengineland.com/cell-phone-triangulation-accuracy-is-all-over-the-map-14790

Some more on cell phone tower pings and triangulation off more than one tower. IMO this is very important in determining how accurate the new ping data might be. If it pinged off of 1 tower it is not that accurate, if 2 towers it's a bit more accurate but not precise and if 3 or more towers it becomes much more accurate.

Using cell tower triangulation (3 towers), it is possible to determine a phone location to within an area of “about“ ¾ square mile.

http://wrongfulconvictionsblog.org/2012/06/01/cell-tower-triangulation-how-it-works/

Why is this so important? Well it is very important in determining IF B's phone was actually in the new ping area and what the degree of accuracy is in pinpointing it's true location. If his phone pinged off 3 towers we can assume it's accurate to within about a 3/4 mile radius. If it pinged off 4 or more towers it would be even more accurate.

So say it pinged off 3 towers then we can determine that at 1:18am B or his phone was within a 3/4 mile radius of the new ping location. I don't think there is much disputing that. If it pinged off only 1 tower it's not going to be very accurate. Determining it's accuracy would depend on the data the PI was able to get from Verizon.

But just because his phone may have pinged at 1:18 am in a specific area, doesn't mean that was his final resting place. We know he was alive and communicating at 1:10 am so we can assume his phone was on him at that time. IMO it's highly likely that his phone was still on him 8 minutes later. Why did he not respond to that last text? It sounds like (if they were able to triangulate pings) he likely would have had cell reception. If he became deceased or unable to communicate around 1:18 then that is likely an area where he passed on. OR he dropped his phone and continued on. And if he passed on in this area we have to consider that in the last months much of his remains would likely be scattered by animals but they don't usually take cell phones and you would think there would be keys, shreds of clothes or something offering a clue. How close is the new ping area to a road such as Hwy 58 where B could have hitched a ride?

Here my question, and I have asked it on HFBL FB page on several different occasions and it would never get answered, and I know answers here can only be opinions. Why does Ladessa keep saying these areas are not searched and or not searched well enough when it is reported that is searched by LE?
This is my own opinions
Any I don't know how to post the web links. Sorry

Here my question, and I have asked it on HFBL FB page on several different occasions and it would never get answered, and I know answers here can only be opinions. Why does Ladessa keep saying these areas are not searched and or not searched well enough when it is reported that is searched by LE?
This is my own opinions
Any I don't know how to post the web links. Sorry

I don't know why she is saying that? I don't know how thorough of a search LE did of the new ping area, but perhaps that's something MM can share with us?

I also don't understand why she is claiming landowners are not cooperating. Everything I've read says they are very cooperative in the searches that have been done.

I've also seen her complain about LE not approving a SAR group coming in but quite honestly I don't believe that without proof.

Do I think a very thorough search needs to be done of the new ping area if it hasn't been done already? I absolutely do! And how far out they would need to search depends largely on what type of ping data or triangulation they were able to get from Verizon.

I don't know why she is saying that? I don't know how thorough of a search LE did of the new ping area, but perhaps that's something MM can share with us?

I also don't understand why she is claiming landowners are not cooperating. Everything I've read says they are very cooperative in the searches that have been done.

I've also seen her complain about LE not approving a SAR group coming in but quite honestly I don't believe that without proof.

Do I think a very thorough search needs to be done of the new ping area if it hasn't been done already? I absolutely do! And how far out they would need to search depends largely on what type of ping data or triangulation they were able to get from Verizon.

bbm. It is not uncommon for LE to not approve a SAR group coming in. It is very frustrating when it happens but some think any outside help is a bad thing.

And here's another thought (I know I'm posting a lot but my brain is working this morning for some odd reason so I gotta get it out now before I forget LOL)

IF he ran out of gas say at 12:30 or even a little before that (it is possible given the timeline) he might have jumped out of the truck immediately for fear of LE showing up and headed out in the field where he might have tried to call K but had no reception, so he kept heading out further until he got to a point where he was finally able to get a slight signal. By 12:38 he could have already been 8+ minutes out in the field and if he kept going and going, well could he have made it 3 miles out by 1:18 am? Or if the ping is only accurate to within 3/4 miles could he have made it 2 1/4 miles out? Where would that put him? If he started walking closer to 12:30 or even a little earlier he would have had more like 50+ minutes to get to that location. Is it doable?

Mapquest shows driving time from his house to truck location is 30 minutes. Driving over the speed limit he could have done it in 25 minutes so he could have been there as early as 12:17 which gives him an hour. If he did indeed make a quick stop at the Walmart not far from his house it would more likely be between 12:25-12:30 at the earliest.

bbm. It is not uncommon for LE to not approve a SAR group coming in. It is very frustrating when it happens but some think any outside help is a bad thing.

I think it depends on who the SAR group is. LE already brought in TexSAR on their own and they are a very reputable SAR group. The keyword IMO is reputable. For obvious reasons, they don't want just anybody out there snooping around and possibly destroying any crucial evidence in a case and they have to worry about protecting the landowners. Not only that but what if a body or something is found? Any reputable SAR group is going to only work WITH LE on a search.

Some more on cell phone tower pings and triangulation off more than one tower. IMO this is very important in determining how accurate the new ping data might be. If it pinged off of 1 tower it is not that accurate, if 2 towers it's a bit more accurate but not precise and if 3 or more towers it becomes much more accurate.

Using cell tower triangulation (3 towers), it is possible to determine a phone location to within an area of “about“ ¾ square mile.

http://wrongfulconvictionsblog.org/2012/06/01/cell-tower-triangulation-how-it-works/

Why is this so important? Well it is very important in determining IF B's phone was actually in the new ping area and what the degree of accuracy is in pinpointing it's true location. If his phone pinged off 3 towers we can assume it's accurate to within about a 3/4 mile radius. If it pinged off 4 or more towers it would be even more accurate.

So say it pinged off 3 towers then we can determine that at 1:18am B or his phone was within a 3/4 mile radius of the new ping location. I don't think there is much disputing that. If it pinged off only 1 tower it's not going to be very accurate. Determining it's accuracy would depend on the data the PI was able to get from Verizon.

But just because his phone may have pinged at 1:18 am in a specific area, doesn't mean that was his final resting place. We know he was alive and communicating at 1:10 am so we can assume his phone was on him at that time. IMO it's highly likely that his phone was still on him 8 minutes later. Why did he not respond to that last text? It sounds like (if they were able to triangulate pings) he likely would have had cell reception. If he became deceased or unable to communicate around 1:18 then that is likely an area where he passed on. OR he dropped his phone and continued on. And if he passed on in this area we have to consider that in the last months much of his remains would likely be scattered by animals but they don't usually take cell phones and you would think there would be keys, shreds of clothes or something offering a clue. How close is the new ping area to a road such as Hwy 58 where B could have hitched a ride?

I just had another thought while reading the comment above. I'm wondering, since it was so late/early in the morning and BL's 911 call just stops and we have no explanation as to why? Maybe since he had been using his phone a lot that evening, could the battery simply have gone dead during the 911 call and that is why it just ended? If so the towers wouldn't be able to receive information from the phone right? BL could have simply put the phone in his pocket when it went dead. I'm not sure if once it goes dead if it could possibly have been turned back on briefly or not. Maybe he had turned it back on and was able to talk to K briefly then I went dead again when A tried texting him?

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member