TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think sometimes it might depend on what part of Texas one is from. I'm from West Texas & I personally call them "DPS". ex "Oh crap was that a DPS?" I have heard others call them Troopers or Highway Patrol but I can't remember hearing anyone calling them "State Troopers" but I'm sure they do somewhere in Texas, & other states, I just don't recall it. But if they are in a Tahoe they might call them "Weigh Boy" cuz they deal with big trucks & DOT stuff. (Ps I had to ask my husband just to see what he calls them & he reminded me about the weigh boy thing).

I, too, think it's a geographical thing here in Texas. Being born and raised in East Texas, and then living in West Texas for several years, I have heard them called troopers in one part of the state, and highway patrol in another part. Myself, I say black and white because that's what I'm used to hearing from law enforcement family members. But, yes, we DO have state troopers here in Texas.

Down south in Houston area they are considered Constables. So guess it is geographical. I know Oklahoma is called OHP or Trooper. Wouldn't a trooper call in a stop? I thought that they make communication with dispatch before leaving car. I may be wrong on that. Can someone refresh my memory on something. What clothes was he wearing in the beginning? I'm confused as to why a rabbit foot was found in the pants pocket that he was supposedly wearing that day. Now they are saying he was wearing shorts? Do you recall the rabbit foot convo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Down south in Houston area they are considered Constables. So guess it is geographical. I know Oklahoma is called OHP or Trooper. Wouldn't a trooper call in a stop? I thought that they make communication with dispatch before leaving car. I may be wrong on that. Can someone refresh my memory on something. What clothes was he wearing in the beginning? I'm confused as to why a rabbit foot was found in the pants pocket that he was supposedly wearing that day. Now they are saying he was wearing shorts? Do you recall the rabbit foot convo?

You know in Kentucky we have Constables, but they are voted in, and to be honest , they have no LE background at all. All they really do is traffic for events or stuff like that. We do have State Troopers in Ky, We just call them State Police. This is probably a northern/kinds southern thing I guess. Personally, since I was born and raised in Cali, I call them 5-0 or cops. I classify them all together unless working with them.

Any way, Where is Brandon????

Constables in Texas are not the same thing as a state DPS Trooper. Constables are a different LE entity altogether. And I never heard anything about a rabbits foot. Sounds interesting. Anyone remember that convo? Would love to hear more about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Troopers are suppose to call in a stop but they aren't going to if they are doing something illegal themselves. Agree?

Troopers are suppose to call in a stop but they aren't going to if they are doing something illegal themselves. Agree?

TDPS is an agency of extremely high integrity, and I would tread very lightly on any subject matter concerning any potential accusations there personally.

Well I know more than a few TDPS personally, and I mean no disrespect to them, but even they have said it's possible. There are bad people everywhere & some wear uniforms unfortunately. Troopers are human too, and subject to human frailties. Meaning even they can have errors in judgment. You just never know. But I do hold our Troopers in the highest regards as a whole. I wasn't accusing in my statement, but stating there is always the possibility. Who knows...even if LE was involved in something out there, he may have said "state trooper" and not been a DPS at all. Just misidentified in his call.

Well I know more than a few TDPS personally, ....

(Respectfully snipped)

Some of us have a few as friends, and also as close family members as well.

Hopefully, there will be closure to this case very soon.

I really don't hear Brandon say State Trooper at all. If you are talking about the very beginning of the tape, I am 99% sure he says the following after the dispatcher says 911 emergency:
"Yes. I'm in the middle of a field. In fact, we just pushed some guys over." Where you hear state trooper I definitely hear in fact so I personally think state troopers don't have anything to do with the situation, but that is just my opinion. I know some other people hear state trooper. I just disagree. Maybe we will know something soon. I sure hope so.

I really don't hear Brandon say State Trooper at all. If you are talking about the very beginning of the tape, I am 99% sure he says the following after the dispatcher says 911 emergency:
"Yes. I'm in the middle of a field. In fact, we just pushed some guys over." Where you hear state trooper I definitely hear in fact so I personally think state troopers don't have anything to do with the situation, but that is just my opinion. I know some other people hear state trooper. I just disagree. Maybe we will know something soon. I sure hope so.

What I hear is pretty consistent with what you are hearing. I guess different ears hear different interpretations of things, though. :(

What I hear is pretty consistent with what you are hearing. I guess different ears hear different interpretations of things, though. :(

I've said that from day one almost. I'm from this area and it's plain as day to me. Now don't ask me who "we" are because I certainly don't know. I do think there was someone else with him tho.

I've said that from day one almost. I'm from this area and it's plain as day to me. Now don't ask me who "we" are because I certainly don't know. I do think there was someone else with him tho.

I've thought the same thing since the beginning, also, about what is said there. At first, I had doubts about there being another voice there in the background, but over time, I agree. I believe there definitely was at least one more person present.

I drove through Bronte Saturday on my way to San Angelo. I watched the terrain very closely as my husband was driving. Did the same on my way back through later in the afternoon. The area where Brandon's truck ran out of gas does not have any fields nearby. It is rather hilly and like pasture with cedar trees and cactus. I also paid close attention to the roads coming from San Angelo. Here is what I came up with while riding in the truck.

1. If someone was chasing me in San Angelo, driving towards Bronte on a near empty tank of gas is the last thing I would do. I would drive back streets and try to get away from someone inside San Angelo.

2. There are several different farm-to-market roads he could have turned on leaving San Angelo if he was being chased. He could have taken any of those and circled back up to San Angelo.

3. I never leave San Angelo to drive back home without at least a half of a tank of gas. If Brandon decided he was going to Ft. Worth to his parents at midnight, he would have gotten gas before he left. Plenty of places on the
way out to get gas. There is one Stripes gas station on the way out on Bell and 277 that is open 24/7.

4. The more I think about it, the more I think Brandon was headed to Bronte for a reason. What for I really do not know, but I think it was intentional and he realized somewhere down the road he was low on gas, ran into someone
he either knew or strangers and they did him harm. The only other scenario for me is he left on his own and someone knows where he is, but this is not what I think only because I am sure someone else was on the 911 tape
with him.

Of course, I am just speculating here. I think if someone did him harm, he will be found eventually, but it may take a long time unfortunately.

I drove through Bronte Saturday on my way to San Angelo. I watched the terrain very closely as my husband was driving. Did the same on my way back through later in the afternoon. The area where Brandon's truck ran out of gas does not have any fields nearby. It is rather hilly and like pasture with cedar trees and cactus. I also paid close attention to the roads coming from San Angelo. Here is what I came up with while riding in the truck.

1. If someone was chasing me in San Angelo, driving towards Bronte on a near empty tank of gas is the last thing I would do. I would drive back streets and try to get away from someone inside San Angelo.

2. There are several different farm-to-market roads he could have turned on leaving San Angelo if he was being chased. He could have taken any of those and circled back up to San Angelo.

3. I never leave San Angelo to drive back home without at least a half of a tank of gas. If Brandon decided he was going to Ft. Worth to his parents at midnight, he would have gotten gas before he left. Plenty of places on the
way out to get gas. There is one Stripes gas station on the way out on Bell and 277 that is open 24/7.

4. The more I think about it, the more I think Brandon was headed to Bronte for a reason. What for I really do not know, but I think it was intentional and he realized somewhere down the road he was low on gas, ran into someone
he either knew or strangers and they did him harm. The only other scenario for me is he left on his own and someone knows where he is, but this is not what I think only because I am sure someone else was on the 911 tape
with him.

Of course, I am just speculating here. I think if someone did him harm, he will be found eventually, but it may take a long time unfortunately.

It's my thoughts now that he wasn't wherever his truck was found at. But where is he????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

It's my thoughts now that he wasn't wherever his truck was found at. But where is he????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

There are some hay fields not far from where his truck was found, but they are off the highway and behind the trees. Now mind you, our cedar trees are not large beautiful trees, but more like brush. The terrain around his truck would be difficult to "run through the woods" as he states on the 911 call, but could very well happen. If he ran through the trees (woods) he would not be far from a field and very well could have run into the middle of a field. Unless he could see well, which I am not quite sure of, I don't know how he could tell he was "in the middle of a field". I would think he would say in an opening or off the road or something like that. This is so baffling to me when I see the whole area. I cannot imagine where Brandon was when he made that call. He obviously was nearby since the 911 call went to the nursing home in Robert Lee. He had to be in that area I think for the 911 call to route to that location.

There are some hay fields not far from where his truck was found, but they are off the highway and behind the trees. Now mind you, our cedar trees are not large beautiful trees, but more like brush. The terrain around his truck would be difficult to "run through the woods" as he states on the 911 call, but could very well happen. If he ran through the trees (woods) he would not be far from a field and very well could have run into the middle of a field. Unless he could see well, which I am not quite sure of, I don't know how he could tell he was "in the middle of a field". I would think he would say in an opening or off the road or something like that. This is so baffling to me when I see the whole area. I cannot imagine where Brandon was when he made that call. He obviously was nearby since the 911 call went to the nursing home in Robert Lee. He had to be in that area I think for the 911 call to route to that location.

It depends in how many cell phone towers are in the area and what one he pinged off of. They may have all towers in that area routed to the nursing home when you call 911. If he's on the other side of the county he could call 911 and get nursing home. It doesn't necessarily mean he was in the immediate area. There are way too many gaps in this story. Brandon needs to be found. Moo

Another story to watch is the Bryce Lipsia story, he is missing after a car accident and after about a year, they are following a huge break, that a homeless person in the City looks just like him. Police and his parents were given a surveillance tape with the image they think is Bryce this evening for verification if it's him. Praying it is.

One thing that gets me on this is it was hunting season, so if he were in a field you would think he would have been found. Decomposition in the heat is not a welcoming smell. IJS. Some one help find BRANDON!

I wonder why Coke County was contacted when B & family lived in Tom Green County. Or did Tom Green County contact Coke County? Just curious.

I wonder why Coke County was contacted when B & family lived in Tom Green County. Or did Tom Green County contact Coke County? Just curious.

His truck and Bronte are in Coke County. He also went missing in Coke County.

Oh, Brandon. I've listened to your 911 call over 100 times. What happened to you?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech