TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ewehh..... wasn't it @ 12:58 CJM glad you pointed that out as that the time BL called 911 is not listed only when the operator called back to BL. And if i recall correctly that was new as that it had never been stated that the operator called BL back...

IDK on the 1st cup of coffee I'm reading and absorbing this correctly

That was my thought exactly! I have always been a bit confused on the call/text time lines & would really like to see some hard proof of what calls/texts were placed & to whom at what time. I've never seen anything verified by any official about this. This was also the 1st time that I heard the 911 operator/nurse had called Brandon back. Its really confusing that even after he placed the 911 call, he didn't answer when he was called back, but did continue to use his phone to make contact with others & never mentions that he had called 911?

Something else is the statement from KL taking a polygraph I never really believed that he harmed his brother .... but I have always and will always believe KL knew more than what he had stated. Actually thought KL's exGF would evntually crack and spill the beans..

Much of what the article stated we have figured out just did not have actual confirm now we do... .right down to the reason BL was fighting with his baby's mama...... and it is very clear whom wrote the article or the person whom provided the info to the writer has been in this thread
fa0b71ef_watchingyou.gif

Vedder it is rather odd why all of this is coming out now I understand its the anniversary but all this after 5 years

Something else is the statement from KL taking a polygraph I never really believed that he harmed his brother .... but I have always and will always believe KL knew more than what he had stated. Actually thought KL's exGF would evntually crack and spill the beans..

Much of what the article stated we have figured out just did not have actual confirm now we do... .right down to the reason BL was fighting with his baby's mama...... and it is very clear whom wrote the article or the person whom provided the info to the writer has been in this thread
fa0b71ef_watchingyou.gif

Vedder it is rather odd why all of this is coming out now I understand its the anniversary but all this after 5 years

I still question the validity of all the info in that article. Its difficult when there are no direct quotes or sources stated where statements made could be verfied. Just like in the very beginning when the sheriff's wife was writing and posting articles with whatever info she saw fit to include in them. I dont see where anyone, not KL, his gf/wife at the time or LL was interviewed or quoted. It's the same with the phone records. Its all hearsay besides the time of the 911 call(s). There has never been any proof of the times of the other calls/texts made to & from BL's cell phone. Im not saying that the info ISN'T true, I'd just like some proof or first hand knowledge of what was said by BL.

You have all raised some very valid questions. I found the article interesting in that it answered a lot of our questions, but as you said CJMom, who validated all of this?

I was shocked when I read KL was married and had a son. As we have all stated, we fely KL was holding back. Not that I blame him if these really were "guys from the neighborhood". I think guys was the nice word here! It is true that the area BL & LL lived is mainly hispanic.

This article definitely answered some of my questions, but I too would like to know where the writer verified this information.

You have all raised some very valid questions. I found the article interesting in that it answered a lot of our questions, but as you said CJMom, who validated all of this?

I was shocked when I read KL was married and had a son. As we have all stated, we fely KL was holding back. Not that I blame him if these really were "guys from the neighborhood". I think guys was the nice word here! It is true that the area BL & LL lived is mainly hispanic.

This article definitely answered some of my questions, but I too would like to know where the writer verified this information.

In my opinion, without any direct quotes or information about where the writer got their "facts" they can't be considered more than hearsay. I have been taught that until you know where the information being presented came from and can verify that, you cant take it as 100% truth/accurate. I could write an article and include a bunch of things I heard/read here or on other online forums. Would that make it all true & accurate? I did a very quick search of marriage licenses and was unable to find one for the KL. I'm hoping to be able to search more when I have longer. I know the two are no longer together & on the topic of nuptials, I know that LL is engaged, soon to be married.

Five years gone: The disappearance of Brandon Lawson

This article is from the San Angelo Times, but it is almost the exact article on the front page of the Abilene Reporter News. I can't access the ARN article, so here is the San Angelo Times article. There is new info here that I have never heard before in MSM. BBM

"On Thursday, Aug. 8, 2013, Lawson, then 26, briefly returned to his San Angelo home after not coming home the previous night. Ladessa Lofton, Lawson’s girlfriend of 10 years, mother of their three children and step-mom to Lawson’s eldest daughter, was infuriated by his absence because of his recent drug relapse. The two fought and he left. Lawson never returned."

“'Three (explitives) are chasing me out of town,'” Brandon told his brother. When Brandon said it was “the Mexicans in the neighborhood,” Kyle asked if he was tripping, if it was drugs causing him to hallucinate — but Brandon denied it was all in his head.

Kyle went over to Brandon and Lofton’s house — less than a mile away — to get a gas can, then headed out of town with his wife-at-the-time and 4-year-old son.

I go back to San Angelo, I get food for my kid and stuff. I figure OK, he’s just out there, he’s hiding because of the police, he’s going to be out there whenever I go back, when I take the gas, maybe the police officer will be gone by then,” Kyle said.

When he did get back to the pickup about 5 a.m., Brandon wasn't anywhere to be found.

“I hollered and screamed my brother’s name and he never came out.”

I never heard Kyle and Audrey were married or Kyle had a 4 yr old son or they went back to get food for his kid......all new to me. I hope this brings some leads..Also...he says someone was chasing him from San Angelo.....!

interesting

So this solidifies my belief someone else was with him. I know some of you think it is Brandon saying "yes" to the ambulance, but I am 100% sure in my mind it is "the other guy". He may have been using again, but Kyle says he was adamant he was not hallucinating. Yes I know he could be wrong about that because it is so real (I Guess, I would not know because I have never done drugs!!)

He says "I've got the other guy here.....he also says there is another car. Someone was chasing Brandon and did him harm. Read the article and see who you think it might be.

There would have been cameras on some of those business in San Angelo if someone would have looked at them early on!

Who was chasing Brandon??? I think Kyle might have an idea, but is too afraid to tell.

Brandon was mad when he left Ladessa. Probably driving crazy, almost hit someone and the fight is on. His Dad said he had called and was headed home. He didn't stop for gas because he was running from someone who stayed right with him the entire route till he ran out of gas. Whoever harmed him took him away I am afraid.

I dont think he was alone either :we: is not a term people usually mess up using !!

Wow!!! Where did all this new info come from and why has it taken FIVE years to come out? "Mexicans were chasing" him makes me think it was also them who disapeared him! Maybe this is related to the rumored fight at walmart that night?

Wal Mart has cameras had the incident at wal mart ever been stated by cops

That was my thought exactly! I have always been a bit confused on the call/text time lines & would really like to see some hard proof of what calls/texts were placed & to whom at what time. I've never seen anything verified by any official about this. This was also the 1st time that I heard the 911 operator/nurse had called Brandon back. Its really confusing that even after he placed the 911 call, he didn't answer when he was called back, but did continue to use his phone to make contact with others & never mentions that he had called 911?

he def sounded chaotic so he might have missed the call back

Do we know when or by whom it was told & now made public?

i think a lot of it is convolted

one can understand it kinda but not really the fight being about relapse IIRC was not disclosed intially

i get wanting privacy but when it comes to a loved one missing one would think all the truthful info might be helpful peroid

questionable LE efforts really mess cases up and this one sure seems to have a lot of bizarre le choices and behaviors mpo

In my opinion, without any direct quotes or information about where the writer got their "facts" they can't be considered more than hearsay. I have been taught that until you know where the information being presented came from and can verify that, you cant take it as 100% truth/accurate. I could write an article and include a bunch of things I heard/read here or on other online forums. Would that make it all true & accurate? I did a very quick search of marriage licenses and was unable to find one for the KL. I'm hoping to be able to search more when I have longer. I know the two are no longer together & on the topic of nuptials, I know that LL is engaged, soon to be married.
Possibly common law marriage, though not sure that means anything anymore.

I agree wholeheartedly with what you are saying. BUT! This is a prominent MSM article from a very reputable newspaper. Do we question every article we read in mainstream media? I may try to go find the writer of the original article, or maybe even the writer of the article from the Abilene Reporter News which reported the same information. (I have a paper copy). Let me see what I can find.......

BTW-I just realized the Abilene Reporter News article and the San Angelo Standard Times articles are written by the same person.

Last edited:
I have contacted the writer of the article. She says she had seen several articles with incorrect information so when she started the article she interviewed Brandon's family including grandparents, parents, spouse, brother and children. She also interviewed the Sheriff and Ranger on the case. If she says it happened, I believe her! She is a journalist for a reputable news source so I feel what she says is correct. She was so nice to reply very quickly. :)

I have contacted the writer of the article. She says she had seen several articles with incorrect information so when she started the article she interviewed Brandon's family including grandparents, parents, spouse, brother and children. She also interviewed the Sheriff and Ranger on the case. If she says it happened, I believe her! She is a journalist for a reputable news source so I feel what she says is correct. She was so nice to reply very quickly. :)

Thank you for going above and beyond, Nannymo

Five years gone: The disappearance of Brandon Lawson

This article is from the San Angelo Times, but it is almost the exact article on the front page of the Abilene Reporter News. I can't access the ARN article, so here is the San Angelo Times article. There is new info here that I have never heard before in MSM. BBM

"On Thursday, Aug. 8, 2013, Lawson, then 26, briefly returned to his San Angelo home after not coming home the previous night. Ladessa Lofton, Lawson’s girlfriend of 10 years, mother of their three children and step-mom to Lawson’s eldest daughter, was infuriated by his absence because of his recent drug relapse. The two fought and he left. Lawson never returned."

“'Three (explitives) are chasing me out of town,'” Brandon told his brother. When Brandon said it was “the Mexicans in the neighborhood,” Kyle asked if he was tripping, if it was drugs causing him to hallucinate — but Brandon denied it was all in his head.

Kyle went over to Brandon and Lofton’s house — less than a mile away — to get a gas can, then headed out of town with his wife-at-the-time and 4-year-old son.

I go back to San Angelo, I get food for my kid and stuff. I figure OK, he’s just out there, he’s hiding because of the police, he’s going to be out there whenever I go back, when I take the gas, maybe the police officer will be gone by then,” Kyle said.

When he did get back to the pickup about 5 a.m., Brandon wasn't anywhere to be found.

“I hollered and screamed my brother’s name and he never came out.”

I never heard Kyle and Audrey were married or Kyle had a 4 yr old son or they went back to get food for his kid......all new to me. I hope this brings some leads..Also...he says someone was chasing him from San Angelo.....!
It’s been some time since I’ve checked back on this case, and that link was just full of things I’ve never heard before. This line just floored me (bbm) - am I reading that right?

The last gas station before Bronte is in San Angelo, a distance of about 30 miles between one another, so Neal had responded to plenty of calls of people running out of gas. When he arrived at Brandon’s pickup, Brandon wasn’t there, but Kyle was just pulling up.

“I can see you, I’m right here,” Kyle said Brandon told him, although he couldn’t see his brother anywhere.

With an active warrant out of Johnson County for possession with intent to deliver, Kyle assumed Brandon was hiding to avoid getting in trouble with the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noizewarr