TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Colorado River only had a few inches of water in it at the time. Drought that year. It is seldom deep enough in that area to float a boat....unless there is a heavy rain and then it goes back to low.....
Where is your data coming from?

I've been on the Colorado River up in Arizona but not in the San Angelo, Texas, area.

Of course, a person can drown in a few inches of water, but one would expect the body to be found.

I've been on the Colorado River up in Arizona but not in the San Angelo, Texas, area.

Of course, a person can drown in a few inches of water, but one would expect the body to be found.
I think @nannymo lives in the area, if I’m not mistaken.
The Colorado River in Texas is a totally different river than the one that runs through Arizona. If you’ve ever been to Austin, Lake Travis was created by damming water from the Colorado River in the 1930’s.
C3CAD280-46F6-448A-A958-9A8C3912DEE7.jpeg
This article gives a bit of the history of diversions from the watershed.
Author sheds light on dwindling waters supply | The Baylor Lariat

I've been on the river in that area twice I even drug a high-powered magnet through the water trying to get Brandon's keys I found nothing while it's not totally impossible for somebody to drow in there it's highly unlikely that they wouldn't have spotted him when they flew over the river

I've been on the river in that area twice I even drug a high-powered magnet through the water trying to get Brandon's keys I found nothing while it's not totally impossible for somebody to drow in there it's highly unlikely that they wouldn't have spotted him when they flew over the river
What would you say was the maximum depth while you were there?

6 -7 inches at most. As you can see in the photo the full tip of the paddle didnt even fully submerge.
Thanks.

The water looks pretty cloudy. If it was that cloudy when they did their fly-over, then they could've easily missed his body.

From Thread 1: Posted by techpuppy....."FWIW: The area has been under severe drought conditions...so much so that the lake next to Robert Lee in Coke county is basically a dry lake bed now. That would also mean that the Colorado River past that lake and through the hwy 277 area would be very low. It seems it would not be a barrier to anyone on foot as they could cross it in many places. However it was a dark night and Brandon may not have known that."

Yes, I do live in the area. I was just remembering the thread discussions from way back when Brandon went missing. If he has been in the Colorado River since he went missing he would have been found by now I think. It is very different than the Colorado River in Arizona. It's really more like a creek bed than a river.....

There is an important update on the Help Find Brandon Lawson Facebook page from Ladessa.

It’s quite long and not sure if it’s ok to copy and paste it all but it looks likely Brandon’s remains have been found.

Last edited:
Quoting the Facebook update:

"To all the members of the Help Find Brandon Lawson page:

First and foremost, I want to tell each one of you that I appreciate all of your support, kind words, prayers, assistance, concern, and love that has been given to me and my family over the course of the last 8 ½ years. Being Brandon’s partner in life and knowing him, I know that he would feel hallowed knowing that so many people took the time to share his story. It is deeply appreciated and has helped our family in so many ways find comfort. Answers are something that we have searched for, and today I’m sharing with you that we now have some of those answers.
It is with a heavy heart and great difficulty that we have an important update regarding Brandon’s case. Our family’s long-awaited journey to find answers draw near. For years, we have gone to great lengths to search the area of Brandon’s last known whereabouts. Many searches have been conducted in various ways to locate any potential clues. We have had a circle of supporters assisting us in locating Brandon throughout this process.
Recently, one of those advocates led a small search party in the vicinity of Brandon’s last known location. The search team came upon some clothing that were consistent with Brandon’s clothing. Authorities in local law enforcement were contacted and were able to take the evidence in for testing. The Texas Rangers conducted a search that ultimately led them to discover human remains in this same area. Although DNA tests are needed to confirm identification, it in our hearts that we know that it is Brandon.
Our main focus throughout this entire ordeal has been to bring Brandon home so that he can finally rest in peace and our family can have the answers we have prayed for. I know that many of you will have questions, but at this time we do not have those answers. We will keep everyone notified of all new developments. I ask that you please, respect our family’s privacy at this time while we wait for results. Brandon’s parents, his children, his siblings, his family, and I thank you for your unwavering support over the years in helping to find Brandon. I, on behalf of our family want to also express to Jason Watts, Dylan, Ryan, Paul, Chris, Melissa, Whitney, Josh, Amber, John-John, the private investigators, and all supporters that we appreciate all your dedication and tenacity throughout this entire journey.
Lastly, Brandon will forever remain in the hearts of all who loved him. We are extremely grateful that we can lay him to rest, and our family can have peace knowing he is home. Our love for Brandon will get us through what is yet to come.

All our love,
Ladessa & Family"

I'm glad he might be found. How long will testing take? His remains may or may not tell them what happened to him, short of finding a bashed skull or bones with a gunshot wound, we will never know what really happened to him.
Can someone tell us where he was found in relation to where his truck was?
May Brandon finally come home, and his family find some peace.

My heart sank seeing this on FB. It’s bitter sweet. :(

I know this news is fresh, but please remember the Rules here at Websleuths concerning social media.

My thoughts are with Brandon’s family and friends.

I'm glad he might be found. How long will testing take? His remains may or may not tell them what happened to him, short of finding a bashed skull or bones with a gunshot wound, we will never know what really happened to him.
Can someone tell us where he was found in relation to where his truck was?
May Brandon finally come home, and his family find some peace.
Unless there's evidence of violence, you'd have to think it was either drug toxicity or an accident that resulted from his impaired state.

I am so happy to see this. I hope they will be able to determine what happened to him.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HatsDom
Back