TX TX - Bryce Dingler, 29, Nocona, 16 Jul 2024 *vehicle abandoned on the highway with personal belongings inside*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone understand his Criminal Trespass charge? I'm clueless when it comes to the legal stuff. It's the State of Texas vs. Bryce Dingler, does that mean he trespassed on state property? Like a university or public building? Or is "the State of Texas" normally used as the Plaintiff? Gosh, I hope that makes sense, because I think I'm confusing myself at this point. lol

Does anyone understand his Criminal Trespass charge? I'm clueless when it comes to the legal stuff. It's the State of Texas vs. Bryce Dingler, does that mean he trespassed on state property? Like a university or public building? Or is "the State of Texas" normally used as the Plaintiff? Gosh, I hope that makes sense, because I think I'm confusing myself at this point. lol
It most likely means that the state is the prosecuting agency. Since it's criminal, not civil, the other side would always be a government agency. At least that's how I understand it. If someone sued him for civil damages it would (inset name here) vs. Bryce Dingler.

It most likely means that the state is the prosecuting agency. Since it's criminal, not civil, the other side would always be a government agency. At least that's how I understand it. If someone sued him for civil damages it would (inset name here) vs. Bryce Dingler.
Thank you! That makes sense.

I looked at my local court docket to verify this, but even the misdemeanor court has all of the cases listed as 'State of Texas v. _________".

I looked at my local court docket to verify this, but even the misdemeanor court has all of the cases listed as 'State of Texas v. _________".
No, the State of Texas is a generic reference to a case coming out of the Texas Judicial system. If he was being sued by the property owner (such as for damages) you'd see a party name "Fred Smith versus John Doe" etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back