Identified! TX - Burnet County, body in barrel, Lake Buchanan, Sept'06 - Charles Wyatt, 62

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bobbisangel said:
That would be good if they would at least announce if it is a male or female.
I would think they would have an indication by the length of the hair too.
Why will it take so long if there is a whole body and the teeth are there? I wouldn't think it would take to long to match dental records and then follow up with DNA. But dental records are accurate aren't they?

Watching the video at the link, I'm not sure the whole body has been recoverdd. That's why they are still diving and searching. I could be wrong, but that was my impression.

Who ever placed this in the water went through great lengths to try and make sure the body would never be found. It's possible the items were not that of the victim.

reb said:
if it is not rachel, and the person wore glasses-- other possibilities include:

shirley cowan, but also:
matthew cameron barrows
william crumpacker

or anyone of these people:
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/MissingPersons.asp?Search=Name

keep in mind it's possible the glasses may actually be sunglasses too, which means it could be anyone.
Wow.....that is some list. I guess if you take off the family abductions it would eliminate some. Also, the lake was very low in 2000 where they would have seen the barrel. So I'd take off people before 2000.....It still is quite a long list of missing. LE would narrow it by size, date, clothing, race, etc....
Then we get to location. Some of the missing are very close to the Lake location. Now I wonder who we'd be down too. I big job......I am going away for the weekend and possiably Monday....but, if I get a chance. I would try to see what comes up here. It would be nice to have one of those programs that would just "click" and do it for you.
Ohhhhhhh wonder what that would cost?

reb said:
if it is not rachel, and the person wore glasses-- other possibilities include:

shirley cowan, but also:
matthew cameron barrows
william crumpacker

or anyone of these people:
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/MissingPersons.asp?Search=Name

keep in mind it's possible the glasses may actually be sunglasses too, which means it could be anyone.
I have seen a few that could go on the list of possiabilities......so far.
But William Crumpacker went missing April of '98 that would be before the lake went extremely low in 2000 ( lower then it is now) That barrel with all that cement in it didn't move much that would be a certain.
Matthew Barrows was May of '99 so again before the very low lake of 2000.
However, Shirley Cowan is still someone who keeps coming up as the right place and timeframe. Looking quickly at the list......there are a few.
Not knowing the countys and the towns so well......it will take me a bit of time. I will try to get some answers tomorrow if I can.
Thank you for giving us the site......it is a great help. I wish it was none of those people......no one that someone is missing, and someone loves.
It is sad even figuring this out.
It is alarming to see the amount of people missing.

well,, keep in mind texas IS a *big* state!

o
reb said:
well,, keep in mind texas IS a *big* state!
Holy, am I finding that out.......I started on this tonight and it is going to be timeconsuming. They might have their answers before me. But, the list can get compressed if you take out the people it wouldn't be. Yeah.........it will be awhile thats for sure. Its a really BIG state.

Well, I was up until 1AM and hummmm got thru the B's..........
Now what does that leave. LOL
The weekend plans got shifted around so I still might have time to work on this. I want one of those CSI computers where I can put in....
1.....delete people before 2000 (Jan) ( because of the low lake then)
2.....delete people over 100 miles away from the lake. Just to get the
list in a better frame, and also because of statistics on, distances and the percent of occurence nearer to crime scene.
from home/last location to crime scene.
3.....delete runaways that are beyond the 100 mile mark anyhow.....
even though it is still possiable, so possiably a "B" list
4.....people who have fallen off of a boat in another lake location go off.
5....family abductions, as the child is probably with the other party.
It would be great to zoom in on the closest missing from the lake. I know we do have a few now. But, from this enormous Texas list, there is probably more.........
Thanks for sending over the list.....very, very, interesting...

Preliminary autopsy reports failed to give many clues.
They only know it is an adult, who was submerged for a long time.
I imagine because of the time involved, and the condition ,this will
extend the time for getting answers.
Sad to extend the grief of those waiting for answers. Sunday

HollywoodBound said:
I wonder if the wallet was emptied or it contained some info in it.
They didn't release that information on the wallet.
I worked some on the list of missing in Texas today. Texas gets BIGGER all the time. I will just do a couple of pages a day,when I am home.
It would be easier with a bit more information even gender......race.
It really could be from a larger group, that this person would come from....
then who we originally thought.

The people of Texas should be proud that their state has such a great Missing Person's Clearinghouse ! I followed the link and went there, such an awful lot of missing people, but at the very least, the Dept of Public Safety has done the job they were asked to do, and set up a great site. Wish other states ...including my own...would follow suit. That would be such a blessing.

Shelley Brown
President
Tennessee Alliance for Families of the Missing
http://tnmissing.org

shelley said:
The people of Texas should be proud that their state has such a great Missing Person's Clearinghouse ! I followed the link and went there, such an awful lot of missing people, but at the very least, the Dept of Public Safety has done the job they were asked to do, and set up a great site. Wish other states ...including my own...would follow suit. That would be such a blessing.

Shelley Brown
President
Tennessee Alliance for Families of the Missing
http://tnmissing.org
Wow, Shelley I thought so too. It sure sounds like you have a very interesting job working as President for the Families of the Missing. It must be very rewarding for you to work in finding those that are missing. This site in Texas was just like having a miracle placed in ones hands. Thanks to a great WS person who was kind enought to pass it along to me. That was extremely thoughtful and kind.
I sure do think that the Texas site is nice and through. Tonight after returning home from a gathering in New Jersey ......I got to look over the list which I am just looking at slowly so as not to miss what would be important.
I have found two people to add to the possibles of the lake find.
Miguel Aragon of( San Saba)...Endangered F/P ....6/13/02...Wh/Hispanic
Also....G.C. Cummings( San Saba.)..Endangered.......10/03...Wh
San Saba is a town not that far to the North of Lake Buchanan. I will try for better distance info tomorrow.
I wonder if your state would do that for you.....get a great site such as this one in Texas. It sure would be a blessing.
I sure was in shock to see the amount of missing in one state. It is mindboggling........ Thank you for your words Shelley. I hope they will let you do something simular.

I have gone through the Texas List up to and including the "M's".
I've just pulled out the possible people by date, and probable location.
But, have to refine locations. If there are red flags on anyone, I will post it along with the others we have.
I just thought that we shouldn't zero in on one or two people ......and
sit on pins and needles over it.
Since it was so nice to obtain the information from a WSeuther......then why not put it to use. Questions came up(here)as to who this could be, other then Rachel who's home is not far from the lake. Since there were questions, its better to try and work through other possible people.
I am not an expert in this at all........so anyone with any hints or other information........feel free to let us all know.....Thanks.
waitasec.gif

Sunday

Information on those Missing near Lake Buchanan, Texas:
This list was compiled by looking at the public information given by
The Texas Dept. of Public Safety..Missing Persons Clearing house.
It is just an approximate summary of those local to the Lake area that have gone missing during a particular timeframe. After 2000...
I am sure our hope is that all the missing are found .......safe!

Rachel Cooke- Georgetown 45mi from lake (West) Jan 10, 2002

GC Cummings - San Saba 30mi from lake (North) October,2003

Miguel Aragon- San Saba 30 mi from lake (North) June 13, 2002

Shirley Cowan- Travis City 45 mi from lake (S/East) Jan. 14, 2001

Stacy Carson- Killeen 40 mi to lake (North/E) Feb,1, 2004

Lanell Kahlbau - Lampasas 20 mi to lake (North) June 7, 2004

Juan Madrid Bueso - Roundrock 45 mi to lake (S/East) June, 2005

Danielyelle White - Killeen 40 mi to lake (North/E) May 31,2004

Armando Ramirez - Travis City 45 mi from lake (S/East) June 15,03'

Justin O'Brian - Waco - 90 mi.(N/E) April 29, 2002

Jana Witt - Glen Rose- 95 mi ( North) of lake Aug 17, 2005

So far as of last night there was nothing mentioned in the local Texas news ,nor in the local papers.
I am sure they will have to get all the evidence together completely before releasing anything public. This could take awhile.
I will check on a few other sites later today and see if they have any updates.
I know there is funds alloted for the search of Joanna Rogers of Lubbock, Tx ( missing since May 4, 2004).....after a confession from Rodriguez that she would be in a landfill there. The town has alloted
100,000 for that search in Lubbock.
Prayers to Texas in their search for the Missing....................

YES,I am afraid it will be one of those long dragged out mysteries.
I am not coming upon any new information at all. I do know that the
family of Rachel Cooke have previously submitted DNA to a database.
Texas has a missing persons database. This is housed at the University of North Texas Health and Science Center in Ft. Worth. There they compare DNA of family to remains found. This is to solve missing cases and Texas has thousands. They specialize in mitrochondrial DNA.
I don't know if the others missing in that Lake area have also submitted. It would be good if it is there, and I imagine they have been asked by now.
I wish I had more information.......these poor people who are waiting.
I can hardly believe that they don't have anything.
I hope we know something soon..........

It was noted in one of the newspapers that Burnet County may have to hire a forensic anthropologist to help with the case.
The skeleton had to be extracted from the concrete.Per a newspaper report from a local Austin Newspaper.
The barrel was in the South Council Creek area on County Rd 137. A steep and curvy road with houses overlooking the lake.
A relative of Shirley Cowan was quoted on one of the forums as saying "if this is not Shirley, that they hoped they would keep searching for her"
It is quite sad that no news is coming out. But, this could be difficult due to the concrete and extended time in the water.
Many families are awaiting word.........prayers to all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back