DNA Solves
Caitlin Marie Denison – The Charley Project

Some pictures of her tattoos
denison_caitlin_tattoo.jpg

denison_caitlin_tattoo2.jpg

8/21/2020

Crime of the Week: Authorities search for woman missing since 2018
Snips:

Midland Crime Stoppers and the Midland County Sheriff's Office are asking for the public's help locating a missing person.

On March 13, 2019, deputies received information about a possible murder of a white woman with blonde hair within the Midland County limits.

Investigators responding to the anonymous tips found clothing artifacts possibly connected to Denison.

Bump! Watched Kendall Rae video in her case today. Time to bring her home!

Details - Unsolved Homicide
"Caitlin was seen at Rick's Cabaret in Odessa and Wal-Mart on Briarwood Drive in Midland, just before she went missing."

This is the first time I've heard of Rick's Cabaret.
I wonder if anyone there has been questioned/has any info re Caitlin's disappearance

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/2021...n-kendall-rae-youtube--true-crime/8674307002/

YouTuber brings renewed attention to case of missing Reno woman Caitlin Denison
Kristin Oh
Reno Gazette Journal

deaf3dab-5dbb-48df-8030-e0726cd90850-Denison2.jpg

A fundraiser to help find a Reno woman who has been missing nearly four years raised more than $11,000 after a popular YouTuber talked about it on her channel in November.

According to the page, the money will go toward hiring a private detective to help find Caitlin Denison, who was 19 when she was reported missing in Texas in January 2018.

The money will also cover travel costs so that the family can be closer to the investigation in Texas and place ads in newspapers and on billboards. Any remaining money will go directly to the family, the fundraiser, posted by family friend Emily Watson, says.

Kendall Rae, whose YouTube channel discusses true crimes and mysteries, published a video titled “The Very Suspicious Disappearance of Caitlin Denison” on Nov. 15. In the video, the social media star interviewed Watson and Rachael Denison, Caitlin's sister.

As of Dec. 17, the video had more than 1.2 million views.

According to the YouTube video, Denison had flown to Midland, Texas, to meet a man who lived there. Denison texted Rachael, telling her to answer the phone when she called at 2 p.m. Jan. 9, 2018. But the call never came.

68627928-2885-4db2-969b-614c6e60ea3c-Denison.jpg

The following day, Denison called her sister from a Walmart in Midland and told her she was scared and wanted to come home. She sent a message to Rachael stating that the man was mad because she would not “let him lay a hand on (her)” and that she had pulled a knife on him when he touched her inappropriately, according to the video.

Rachael was unable to contact her sister the following day and reported her missing on Jan. 12, 2018.

“I blamed myself for a long time because I wasn’t home the night she went to the airport,” Rachael told the RGJ. She added that she’s coping with her sister’s disappearance by going to therapy and being hopeful.

“I just can’t imagine her not being alive. There’s always that possibility, especially after three years, that something bad could have happened. I just choose to believe that she’s still alive,” she said.

The Midland Police Department is taking the lead on the investigation.

Kevin Adams, public information officer for the City of Midland, confirmed that the case was reassigned on Nov. 15 due to increased community interest. Adams also said that he could not speak on any suspects at this time.

Rachael said that Detective Jennie Alonzo, who is in charge of the investigation, called her and explained what they are going to do during the new investigation – something that she finds reassuring.

Texas Crime Stoppers is offering a cash reward of up to $3,000 for any information that leads to an arrest. Anonymous tips can be submitted online at www.dps.texas.gov or by calling (800) 252-8477.

“Every little share and comment on the post boosts her case. We’re so so lucky to have had Kendall Rae cover our case,” Watson told the RGJ.

Still missing.

MAY 9

MIDLAND, Texas (KMID/KPEJ) – Midland Crime Stoppers is asking for the community’s help in finding a missing person that hasn’t been seen since 2018. According to Midland Crime Stoppers, Caitlin Denison was last seen in January of 2018.

In a recent post on the Midland Crime Stoppers Facebook page, Caitlin Denison of Reno, Nevada told her family that she was in Midland with a man that she’d met from Reno. The post goes on to say that her family got a call from Denison sometime on January 10th of that same year, telling them that she was scared for her life. According to the information provided by Midland Crime Stoppers, that was the last time her family heard from her.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill
Back