TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The owner of Jenny was a girlfriend of one of the roommates.

The phone was turned off at 2:58am. Not sure how you can send a Snapchat at 3:03, but someone said 50 threads ago that Snapchats aren't always received in a timely manner.
According to the interview with Caleb's dad (linked above), the dog belonged to one of his roommates but was considered "their" dog to share, like a "community dog".

I wouldn't read into the bridge snap at all. This generations sends random pics of literally anything all day long to people they barely talk to in real life. My daughter goes down a list every day of about 30 people and sends them things like this to keep their "streaks". It's just a weird (IMO) thing young adults and kids do these days. It could be the floor, a wall, the dog, literally anything at all...

This is speculation:

What if CH was communicating with someone covertly and they didn't want to leave a trail of communication for whatever reason. The person follows his Snap account. He posts a snapchat on the bridge to let the person know he's there and ready to be picked up. Otherwise, the random photo makes no sense to me.
I had the exact same thought.
But posters with teen and college age kids say it is normal to send random images.

Nobody really goes out to wait for Uber eats as far as I know, there's no need to especially with contactless delivery, that's the whole point. More than likely it was used as an excuse to leave the apartment to do something.

I know people that will spend $300 a week on Uber eats instead of going to the grocery store. $25 for lunchables and a Red Bull is a morning snack.

I had the exact same thought.
But posters with teen and college age kids say it is normal to send random images.

I'm 30 so I was in the first wave of Snapchat users when it first launched - haven't used it in awhile though. I get the random snaps and snap streak things, but I also think that people can be very invested in being discreet in their actions. Especially if you have very religious family.

This is speculation:

What if CH was communicating with someone covertly and they didn't want to leave a trail of communication for whatever reason. The person follows his Snap account. He posts a snapchat on the bridge to let the person know he's there and ready to be picked up. Otherwise, the random photo makes no sense to me.
It was only sent to one person though, not posted publicly to his "story"

Seems he would've or at least could've been tracking his delivery driver, and knew when he stepped outside that the arrival wasn't imminent. I wouldn't find it mysterious that he choose to wait outside; there are a lot of reasons one might opt to do so. As for not caring, it appears his roommate did announce when he was going to bed, and Caleb did tell someone he was going outside to wait for his delivery. Whether that was the whole truth or not, I don't think anyone knows yet for sure, but to me, it indicates at least some level of caring/sharing of info between them. JMO.

ETA: by "cover" I mean he had an excuse to be seen/heard going out the door so nobody would wonder or come to investigate; they'd be asleep or back to sleep whenever he decided to return. Had Caleb returned (after receiving his delivery OR after a quick meet-up with someone), nobody would've been any the wise.
He wouldn't need a cover story to go out the door if he just waited for everyone to go to bed that night. And it would cost him 0 dollars to wait.

ETA words.

The owner of Jenny was a girlfriend of one of the roommates.

The phone was turned off at 2:58am. Not sure how you can send a Snapchat at 3:03, but someone said 50 threads ago that Snapchats aren't always received in a timely manner.
BBM
We don't have confirmation of that, unlike the rest of the timeline.

IMHO
$20 a week in spending money for a college student is ridonculous.
I got $20 a week in allowance (pocket money in high school in the late 1970s)
He must have had money from previous summer jobs or his movie theater job somewhere.
He couldn’t pay for 2 lunchables, one Red Bull and a piece of pie much less night crawlers/ worms and a fishing trip on $20- that’s laughable!!!
He must have had his own money somewhere.
If not it makes sense that he needed a certain side hustle.
I’ve been thinking this too. That’s a super strict (and just unreasonable) allowance. Could it have been a punishment?

I'm 30 so I was in the first wave of Snapchat users when it first launched - haven't used it in awhile though. I get the random snaps and snap streak things, but I also think that people can be very invested in being discreet in their actions. Especially if you have very religious family.
Good point.

If we could do an interview with Caleb's dad or his family friend I would ask them a few questions such as:

-Are there any video cameras that saw Caleb waiting for his Uber eats ie. apartment complex owned cameras? Or saw which direction he walked towards.
-Did Caleb contact/message anyone via a website or dating app that evening?
-What did his dad mean when he said for Caleb to fight as hard as possible to get out of this situation and that he was not in trouble?

I really do hope that Caleb is found safe and sound. Obviously, none of it makes much sense, otherwise he wouldn't have gone missing.

He wouldn't need a cover story to go out the door if he just waited for everyone to go to bed that night. And it would cost him 0 dollars to wait.

ETA words.
I don't think the food ORDER was a cover story - I think he really did intend that to be his lunch the next day. But he apparently indicated that he was going outside to wait for the delivery. Maybe that was the sole reason he went outside, or maybe he had another/additional reason, IMO.

ETA words.
He did wait for everyone to go to bed that night.

Caleb's roommate had just gone to bed, then Caleb orderd his food, then walked the dog and then went back outside, ostensibly to wait for his uber eats.

That 3:12 ping was close to the urgent care or pharmacy, correct? Didn’t they announce that, then kinda walked it back, and then again said that the ping happened?

Would that fit some of the theory that he was picked up in a car by the bridge and driven away?

This timing kinda matches, no?
2:58 phone turned off
3:12 it pings.

Is it possible he turned it off when he got in the car, maybe something happened, the perp turns it on and puts it in Airplane mode?

Does the phone ping in Airplane mode? When does the phone actually ping? Doesn’t it ping even when it’s wiped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member