TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #2

Caleb was an avid fisherman, and it sounds like he would go fishing every chance he could get, either in his kayak or he would go wade fishing. His father said he recently went wade fishing with his sister, pretty close to his apartment building. He had wade fishing gear as well.

Reading this article about "Fishing Culture in Corpus Christi," it's easy to understand how one could become an avid fisherman while living there.

Last edited:
From transcript of video interview

30:23
“I know there's been a lot of conversation about this guy and his credibility when I tell you that this guy was very Vivid with what he saw and I can't elaborate on that but there was other people under the bridge and he was just as Vivid with the description of them as he was of Caleb”
===

I wonder if the “vivid” descriptions of these “other people” under the overpass helped investigators identify and locate any of these individuals? Were they Homeless persons? Students? Was Caleb interacting with them, or just passing by them as he walked? Were he or they all waiting to cross the street?

The transcript says he “can’t elaborate on” what the eyewitness saw. Very curious what he relayed he saw. I imagine the police told the father not to make public that information?
MOO

“I know there's been a lot of conversation about this guy and his credibility when I tell you that this guy was very Vivid with what he saw and I can't elaborate on that but there was other people under the bridge and he was just as Vivid with the description of them as he was of Caleb”
===

I wonder if the “vivid” descriptions of these “other people” under the overpass helped investigators identify and locate any of these individuals? Were they Homeless persons? Students? Was Caleb interacting with them, or just passing by them as he walked? Were he or they all waiting to cross the street?

The transcript says he “can’t elaborate on” what the eyewitness saw. Very curious what he relayed he saw. I imagine the police told the father not to make public that information?
MOO
And LE would have interviewed the witness, too, after he contacted Caleb's family.

Clearly, LE are taking seriously the possibility of sightings of Caleb, even setting up a separate emergency phone line (separate from the "tip" hotline). The family and LE are not ruling out anything at this point, it appears.
Or their tip line is being flooded with possible sightings because the bridge sighting made people think he must be somewhere.

I am leaning away with the sighting being Celeb. It Does not make sense that CH takes a small white poodle on a 20 minute walk or drives between 3am-4am. Hangs out with people under an underpass, walks /drives back to the villages. Returns the dog. Goes back out? . Are there any videos in the common areas that would have seen him coming and going from the villages? MOO
I agree. And then how would subpoenas for digital information tie into a crime involving people under an underpass? (When I think people under an underpass I assume we are dealing with a homeless population.)

I dunno, Caleb is facially quite distinct looking. I feel like it's a face I would remember.

Sadly I don't think it was him much as the witness wishes it was.
I've only seen one pic of him with a relaxed face, the one in the body of this CourtTV article, and that's not widely circulated. The rest of the photos show him lit up with a full smile, which surely wouldn't be what he looks like now, if he's still alive. I wonder if they have any photos of him looking pre-occupied, or sad.

Just speculation. Maybe the fog had something to do with this? He literally walks into the wrong apartment, because he couldn't see or lost his sense of direction.. Something bad happened. If not this, anything could of happened. Hit by a car. Fell into something, and can't be found. Just trying to guess of what could of happened to him.

He was planning to go fishing with friends after his classes on Monday morning. According to Caleb's father, they all owned kayaks. Caleb had his own kayak, as well.
A foggy night is the perfect condition for a predator, especially a person that drives for a living, or has a job where they are on-call 24-7. Someone who knows the vicinity well, maybe has keys to multiple buildings. It would be helpful to know what the geo-fencing has provided. Who was in the area that night, and did they have a credible reason for being there? (TOL)

===

MOO

Police often hold back on one crucial piece of evidence. If a witness comes forward and mentions the evidence/ item etc., police have not disclosed publicly they will really sit up and pay attention when a witness mentions it.
Kinda like the sheath in the Idaho murders. I bet that it really grabbed LE attention when PR speculated about it online.

Just speculation. Maybe the fog had something to do with this? He literally walks into the wrong apartment, because he couldn't see or lost his sense of direction.. Something bad happened. If not this, anything could have happened. Hit by a car. Fell into something, and can't be found. Just trying to guess of what could have happened to him.
Possible, but as the dog was returned to the correct apartment I would consider this unlikely.

I researched further and there was a study which indicated frequent cell phone use with homeless people. I have a link below.

I still lean towards the idea that a hook up led to unintended consequences for CH. MOO

Last edited:
I am leaning away with the sighting being Celeb. It Does not make sense that CH takes a small white poodle on a 20 minute walk or drives between 3am-4am. Hangs out with people under an underpass, walks /drives back to the villages. Returns the dog. Goes back out? . Are there any videos in the common areas that would have seen him coming and going from the villages? MOO
I too am leaning away from the sighting being valid. Did this witness just come forward? I mean, the doorbell/ring camera footage with him and the other two guys (roommate and friend) collecting the dog near the apartment came out over a month ago. Lots of vivid details about what he was wearing, what the dog looks like, etc. are in that doorbell/ring cam video. And....I agree with you...why would he go that far at that time of night/morning walking a little poodle? And, it isn't even his poodle.

What I am a little confused about in my own logic (lol) is I don't want to believe someone would do that. And, I am still curious what the secret information is that his father is not to reveal.

I too am leaning away from the sighting being valid. Did this witness just come forward? I mean, the doorbell/ring camera footage with him and the other two guys (roommate and friend) collecting the dog near the apartment came out over a month ago. Lots of vivid details about what he was wearing, what the dog looks like, etc. are in that doorbell/ring cam video. And....I agree with you...why would he go that far at that time of night/morning walking a little poodle? And, it isn't even his poodle.

What I am a little confused about in my own logic (lol) is I don't want to believe someone would do that. And, I am still curious what the secret information is that his father is not to reveal.

An LE trick is to withhold one key piece of info. eg. jewelery, an object etc., from the public, so that when a witness comes forward and mentions that object LE really sit up and take notice.

I can’t find where I read this, so I may be mistaken, but I thought the witness reported it earlier on the tip line, but never received a call back. So, after a time he found a way to reach the family more directly. Anyone else recall what my mind is telling me?

Also, the dog belonged to all of the roommates. They decided they were sharing ownership of it.

I agree the timeline was hard enough to reconcile without further extending the time Caleb was awake, and not getting some shuteye.. I mean, how little of sleep does he get by on? He already had a day of fishing on Sunday the 3rd, and then on Monday the 4th he had class and was going to fish again afterwards…
Ah, to be young, I guess! I’d be so tired!

JMO

I can’t find where I read this, so I may be mistaken, but I thought the witness reported it earlier on the tip line, but never received a call back. So, after a time he found a way to reach the family more directly. Anyone else recall what my mind is telling me?

Also, the dog belonged to all of the roommates. They decided they were sharing ownership of it.

I agree the timeline was hard enough to reconcile without further extending the time Caleb was awake, and not getting some shuteye.. I mean, how little of sleep does he get by on? He already had a day of fishing on Sunday the 3rd, and then on Monday the 4th he had class and was going to fish again afterwards…
Ah, to be young, I guess! I’d be so tired!

JMO
Yes, I also remember that this witness had attempted to provide this information earlier and wasn’t successful in getting a response. I believe Tony mentioned that in an interview.

I get what you’re saying about those late nights, even at Caleb’s age I was never able to pull those kinds of hours!

MOO but could the vivid description of Caleb and people under the overpass be the hook up? Hence why it was so memorable and vivid. Within some segments of people seeking online public hook ups this wouldn’t be an unreasonable location. We hear ‘people under a bridge’ and we think homeless people, but that wasn’t where my mind first went at all.

Just speculation. Maybe the fog had something to do with this? He literally walks into the wrong apartment, because he couldn't see or lost his sense of direction.. Something bad happened. If not this, anything could of happened. Hit by a car. Fell into something, and can't be found. Just trying to guess of what could of happened to him.
I doubt he would've walked into the wrong apartment building, even in fog. He wouldn't needed a key or keycard to get access, surely?

And any accident scenario would most likely have turned up a body or some evidence by now

I'm saying most definitely foul play on this one. Likely via a hook-up gone wrong.

MOO.

If you’re serious, you go fishing when the fish are biting. That can be in the dark or inclement weather.
True, but there's serious, and there's being safe

Anyway, we know Caleb didn't go fishing when he disappeared.
He would've had to drive there, he wasn't seen on the Ring doorbell camera with his fishing gear, and apparently he was barefoot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jlop
Back