TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"We believe there is at least one person out there in the community who knows what happened to him, so we’re waiting to hear from that person or somebody that knows that person,”

Can we draw any conclusions from the statement made by Corpus Christi Assistant Police Chief Todd Green? Are we dealing with a local accomplice and perhaps a non-local perpetrator?
Well, that sure cancels out any idea of an accidental fall into the water, or a sudden alligator attack. So something has ruled that out for investigators.

Is this “one person who knows” the suspect? Who else would know, but not come forward? Someone covering for him? But why? And why would they think this? And right, community implies local.

"We believe there is at least one person out there in the community who knows what happened to him, so we’re waiting to hear from that person or somebody that knows that person,”

Can we draw any conclusions from the statement made by Corpus Christi Assistant Police Chief Todd Green? Are we dealing with a local accomplice and perhaps a non-local perpetrator?

MOO - I think this is vague enough that the "community" referenced could be the hookup subreddit. The odds are high that the users also have a connection to the real life community of Corpus Christi, so it could be read both ways.

"We believe there is at least one person out there in the community who knows what happened to him, so we’re waiting to hear from that person or somebody that knows that person.

Bolding and italics mine.

IMO, "one person out there in the community" killed Caleb and may simply have been passing through Corpus Christi that late, late night. "Somebody that knows that person" is LE's best and only hope.

So many killers, through history, were and are people with families, spouses, partners, yet they've slipped by unremarked upon by those closest to them. "If you see something, say something" seems to be such a heavy lift in the end.

No human being lives or acts in a vacuum. There is someone who knows something, even if they don't quite realize it. That's JMO and just my hope. This case stays alive in my mind every single day.

In other words, the chances of Caleb getting kidnapped by a drug dealer that was concerned about privacy are pretty small. Nobody is really concerned about that, and what's the worst that could happen, he would call the police and report it? The complex cameras were broken so there wouldn't be any video of the alleged drug dealer's car. Everyone I've ever known would laugh at the thought of that. Think about it, you report a random car you may or may not have seen the color correct, you're drunk, the cops probably wouldn't even take this call. I have called the police for things I thought were alarming and they have told me to forget about it and have a nice day. I highly doubt this has anything to do with drugs on Caleb's end, but I'd bet money the perp(s) loves to "blow clouds" aka smoke meth. This situation smells like the work of an ex-convict to me. They teach each other how to use smart phones while they are in prison.

IMO, "one person out there in the community" killed Caleb and may simply have been passing through Corpus Christi that late, late night. "Somebody that knows that person" is LE's best and only hope.

So many killers, through history, were and are people with families, spouses, partners, yet they've slipped by unremarked upon by those closest to them. "If you see something, say something" seems to be such a heavy lift in the end.

No human being lives or acts in a vacuum. There is someone who knows something, even if they don't quite realize it. That's JMO and just my hope. This case stays alive in my mind every single day.
True, but it does seem that with people like the BTK killer, the Long Island serial killer, the Delphi killer, Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, and many others: wives, children , family members, coworkers, attorneys, psychiatrists always claimed they never had a clue about what was going on.

In other words, the chances of Caleb getting kidnapped by a drug dealer that was concerned about privacy are pretty small. Nobody is really concerned about that, and what's the worst that could happen, he would call the police and report it? The complex cameras were broken so there wouldn't be any video of the alleged drug dealer's car. Everyone I've ever known would laugh at the thought of that. Think about it, you report a random car you may or may not have seen the color correct, you're drunk, the cops probably wouldn't even take this call. I have called the police for things I thought were alarming and they have told me to forget about it and have a nice day. I highly doubt this has anything to do with drugs on Caleb's end, but I'd bet money the perp(s) loves to "blow clouds" aka smoke meth. This situation smells like the work of an ex-convict to me. They teach each other how to use smart phones while they are in prison.
Do you think an ex-con happened randomly upon him, or was part of a hookup between them?

I think about this case often. The statement from LE tells me they have nothing substantial at this point. Anyone who had seen something or heard something that night has probably already given that info to LE. The best we can hope for is someone tells someone else about what they did and then that person is responsible enough to report it to LE. I have a hard time believing someone was out driving around that night and grabbed Caleb for some nefarious reason. Caleb had a reason for going out late that night. He had just walked the dog and ordered food from Uber Eats. At that point he should have been done for the night. But no, he goes out again. Was it to meet the Uber driver? I think more likely it was to meet someone else. He sure seemed to display a lot of nervous energy that night indicating his anticipation of getting together with someone. The meeting however was not what Caleb expected. As a result, he is probably no longer with us. LE has pretty much come to the conclusion that Caleb is a victim of foul play.

think more likely it was to meet someone else. He sure seemed to display a lot of nervous energy that night indicating his anticipation of getting together with someone. The meeting however was not what Caleb expected.

The way you wrote this...it.rings true, IMO, and it's heartbreaking.

I think about this case often. The statement from LE tells me they have nothing substantial at this point. Anyone who had seen something or heard something that night has probably already given that info to LE. The best we can hope for is someone tells someone else about what they did and then that person is responsible enough to report it to LE. I have a hard time believing someone was out driving around that night and grabbed Caleb for some nefarious reason. Caleb had a reason for going out late that night. He had just walked the dog and ordered food from Uber Eats. At that point he should have been done for the night. But no, he goes out again. Was it to meet the Uber driver? I think more likely it was to meet someone else. He sure seemed to display a lot of nervous energy that night indicating his anticipation of getting together with someone. The meeting however was not what Caleb expected. As a result, he is probably no longer with us. LE has pretty much come to the conclusion that Caleb is a victim of foul play.
The only thing which annoys me is law enforcement assuming that the killer had to have told someone. I think it’s unlikely that they would, for obvious reasons.

Yes, people who follow Caleb on Instagram were noticing the green dot next to his name in their list of contacts at different times - meaning he (or his account) was online, actively on the site. That led them to think he may have been alive or hiding out. A lot of chat on FB about this, so that’s why I think Tony and the police addressed it.
Thank you clarifying that it was Caleb’s Instagram account that appeared to be active and Welcome to Websleuths!!!!

Yes, people who follow Caleb on Instagram were noticing the green dot next to his name in their list of contacts at different times - meaning he (or his account) was online, actively on the site. That led them to think he may have been alive or hiding out. A lot of chat on FB about this, so that’s why I think Tony and the police addressed it.
I could see why this would be alarming and also hope-inspiring. Sad that it wasn’t a sign that he is alive, but thank you for sharing this information.

The only thing which annoys me is law enforcement assuming that the killer had to have told someone. I think it’s unlikely that they would, for obvious reasons.
One can only hope that at some point the person responsible for Caleb’s disappearance will tell a spouse, friend, family member who will likely stay quiet until they feel safe to reveal the secret. Maybe the person responsible will be incarcerated and tell a cellmate. Or even get drunk one night and let it slip out. All these will take time but at this point time and patience are required in solving this mystery.

I hope the perpetrator is getting worried now that LE appears to have wider access to Caleb’s electronic data. Praying LE is honing in on a target, even as we speak….(probably not realistic though)

Last edited:
Exactly! People who 'hook-up' for a few hours are secretive by nature anyway.

It is a solo pursuit, and one that people don't want others to know about for various reasons.

Criminals can be sloppy though. A recent case in State College, PA, was likely solved because the perp texted his girlfriend about it and created a paper trail. The Moscow, Idaho murders have a suspect because an item was left at the scene. Etc.

I'm still thinking this was not random. This person knew him somehow. I don't think it was a hook-up. If it was meeting someone, he knew him. Not saying his roommates, but maybe friend of roommates. Someone in his circle. I'm just going by the statistics. What about this girl he lived with. Did she have a jealous ex? This is only my opinion. Did he date someone awhile back ago? And he or she got revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member