TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #3

To clarify: CC operates a system in which the storm-water runoff does not connect with a wastewater collection system or treatment plant link

Here is an image showing wastewater flow. The larger green dots are access points (manholes) link (p 55)

Does anyone know exactly where the 'open manhole' was alleged to be?
What is interesting to me is that the incoming line on the west side is only 10". That waste gets combined with the east and north side waste and goes out the 18" pipe on the west side.

View attachment 513381

I just can't understand this...."no obvious signs of a homicide"....One would think you must have the skull before determining if there has been a homicide or not. If they have a skull, they would compare this to known dental records and make a determination right away if they were Caleb's remains or not..... am I missing something??
I thought this exact same when it was revealed the skull was apparently intact. I expected identification to be quick because of dental records too! I can’t imagine how hard it is for Caleb’s family to just have to wait. Weeks and months is unbearable. MOO

They called the police because the next morning they woke and found his Uber order outside at their door, and he wasn't in his bedroom, etc.
I have read that the roommates first contacted campus police, I’m thinking this may have been to find out if Caleb was present at his class/classes that morning (I believe it was the start of midterm exams). When it was determined he had not made it to class I would think that would give anyone more than enough reason to believe something serious had happened.

My 2 cents..... manholes are circular and if they are deep (greater than 6 feet e.g.) they have steps so a person can climb in and out. Typically they are put where 2 or more pipes flow into the MH at less than 90 degrees. The outlet pipe is below the inlet pipes but a certain distance ABOVE the bottom of the manhole.

If CH fell into the manhole at the lift station where the sewage was coming in to be pumped out he would have not moved through the pipes.

Simplistically manholes are places where sewage comes in through 2 or more pipes then flows out one by gravity. Places where the sewage can not flow out naturally a pump lift is installed to get the sewage where it needs to go. The manhole is there for access to the pipes and possibly the pump or lift station for maintenance. You can unclog pipes or do maintenance on the pump. It is my understanding that is where CH was found .

Also IMO GIS is not perfect especially for drainage without topo and elevations.

IMO that low point has to be where CH went in.

It would have been a very high risk decision or even madness for a perp to choose a location so close to the victims home which Google estimates to have been about a 30 minute walk (?). Of course, it would have been helpful if the manhole was already open, but how does the killer know this unless he had been out scouting for a good dump site. (If I remember correctly, the field is also considered private property.)
Not necessarily madness if the pump is also the crime scene. If Caleb met someone there and then died there the perp had like 8 hours to hide the body before anyone realized Caleb was missing.

As far as Caleb is concerned, deciding to walk to this field is a bit perplexing even if he was wearing shoes at the time. I can envision him falling into an open manhole but I'm still wondering what he was even doing there to begin with.
Exactly, if he wasn't high or intoxicated he must have had a reason for going there.

I thought this exact same when it was revealed the skull was apparently intact. I expected identification to be quick because of dental records too! I can’t imagine how hard it is for Caleb’s family to just have to wait. Weeks and months is unbearable. MOO

I haven't seen any reporting in MSM or from the CCPD that states the skull was intact. Do you have a link that provides that information? The only comment I have seen from the chief of the CCPD is that the human remains were "almost" fully recovered. So we don't know what exactly the police chief was referring to.

edited by me

Last edited:
Do we know if the last ping was confirmed by the police as reliable ?

If so, do we have a map of where said ping was?
Only statement regarding this that I can find from the CCPD:
>At approximately 3:12 AM Harris’s cell phone last shared location data with the nearest cell phone tower.

They state the snapchat of the bridge was at 3:03 AM (although this of course isn't always accurate to the minute he actually sent it). Without knowing what service his phone uses, it's hard to say. tower map

I haven't seen any reporting in MSM or from the CCPD that states the skull was intact. Do you have a link that provides that information? The only comment I have seen from the chief of the CCPD is that the human remains were "almost" fully recovered. So we don't know what exactly the police chief was referring to.

edited by me
Yes, this is all I’ve seen, too. It’s apparent that there is nothing to work with as far as dental records go.

re: cell phone ping
I found an interview KIII 3 News did with with CCPD titled 'FULL INTERVIEW: CCPD talks detailed timeline, community concerns'

In it, Assistant Chief Todd Green says (from transcript):
>initially, we were in a, it was a very urgent situation where we were trying to get information back from the cell phone providers and try to get that information really quickly and analyze it quickly. And as a result. Uh I think there was some bad information that it, that it tended to show, uh, that his phone was, uh pinging, uh, miles away from where the, where he lived or where he was last seen. Um, I think as we've progressed in the last couple of weeks and reanalyzed that information and gathered more information from the cell providers. Uh, the working theory we have right now is that that last ping was probably right, either in the complex or out on the street, right in front of the complex.

I just can't understand this...."no obvious signs of a homicide"....One would think you must have the skull before determining if there has been a homicide or not. If they have a skull, they would compare this to known dental records and make a determination right away if they were Caleb's remains or not..... am I missing something??
The ME couldn't detect anything because the remains were too decomposed, but this is why they've been sent to the UNTCHI experts who are trained and have the deeper forensics expertise

The ME couldn't detect anything because the remains were too decomposed, but this is why they've been sent to the UNTCHI experts who are trained and have the deeper forensics expertise
So since there is apparently nothing to work with as far as dental records go, identification will definitely take a long time, correct?

So since there is apparently nothing to work with as far as dental records go, identification will definitely take a long time, correct?
We, the public don't know if they have any dental records, particularly for Caleb, they possibly may have gotten them from Mr. Harris early on. They said identification and other will take 4 to 6 weeks (minimum)

I assume they can compare DNA from bones to his parent's DNA, but I wonder if the reason this will take a long time is because you just get in a queue in a lab, not so much that the tests themselves take a long time? Curious what others think.

We, the public don't know if they have any dental records, particularly for Caleb, they possibly may have gotten them from Mr. Harris early on. They said identification and other will take 4 to 6 weeks (minimum)
I meant, though, that they’re likely lacking the skull and teeth to match to any provided records, because dental identification can be done so quickly, and they’re saying this could take a very long time.

I assume they can compare DNA from bones to his parent's DNA, but I wonder if the reason this will take a long time is because you just get in a queue in a lab, not so much that the tests themselves take a long time? Curious what others think.
True, but in so high profile a case you would think it would be expedited?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
80schick
Back