TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #3

This may be helpful info or may not, you decide.

The detective who spoke about Vandy Jane Doe in this episode of The Fall Line podcast said this:

“Every death investigation should be approached as a homicide. The reason for this is sometimes the manner of death is not obvious or the scene could be staged to appear as something else, such as an accident or suicide. In some cases, even a natural death rather than a homicide. If the scene is not properly investigated and it is later determined that the death was a homicide, potential evidence could be lost and that could mean the difference between solving the case or the case going cold.”

Podcast episode reference here
Timestamp for this quote est: 15:04
Very helpful, and the detective is absolutely correct.

This may be helpful info or may not, you decide.

The detective who spoke about Vandy Jane Doe in this episode of The Fall Line podcast said this:

“Every death investigation should be approached as a homicide. The reason for this is sometimes the manner of death is not obvious or the scene could be staged to appear as something else, such as an accident or suicide. In some cases, even a natural death rather than a homicide. If the scene is not properly investigated and it is later determined that the death was a homicide, potential evidence could be lost and that could mean the difference between solving the case or the case going cold.”

Podcast episode reference here
Timestamp for this quote est: 15:04
Agree— this is very helpful! Appreciate your posting it. Thank you!

So this is from a mainstream media channel:
View attachment 513971

View attachment 513972

Interesting...so I guess this is implying that the only way for the remains to end up where they were found was for someone with a key to open and place the body there?

I'd think the only person with a key would be an employee/tech of some sort but why would someone associated with that spot and key for access risk disposing of a body there where it could easily be tied back to them?

How do they know the lock wasn't just picked and his body carried in? Having a key really narrows the list of suspects and virtually eliminates CH from having entered by choice. MOO MOO MOO
Yes, I’m wondering that as well. It may have been left unlocked, while being logged as locked. It happens. Human error.

Interesting...so I guess this is implying that the only way for the remains to end up where they were found was for someone with a key to open and place the body there?

I'd think the only person with a key would be an employee/tech of some sort but why would someone associated with that spot and key for access risk disposing of a body there where it could easily be tied back to them?
It may be that the reporter was too quick too make this statement. I just wanted to point out that mainstream news media — this is a solid local news channel— also spread iffy information across social media.

IMO if it was unlocked at the time he entered, then someone would have had to lock it before this current employee found it "locked". So if another employee had been there and found the gate unlocked at some point, it would have been documented by that employee or reported. MOO

One would think that there is a record of everyone who has ever had a key. Policy may or may not dictate that rekeying is required if a key is not turned in when an employee leaves.

An employee would possibly know if cameras were present and working. It would be, imo, not very bright to *plan* to dispose of a body at one's workplace. However, if one had access to such a place to use for one's extracurricular activities, and something went wrong in the course of said activities, one might panic and take the chance rather than possibly be seen transporting a body, then having to dispose of it on the fly in another location you hadn't planned for. This is pretty improbable all around imo, but it's within the realm of possibilities. JMO.

Well, we know there have been many dumb criminals who do stupid things that end up getting them caught out.

As to your question, yes that seems extra stupid and risky to dump a body at your workplace, but it has been done before.
One I can think of in recent years (2018) who did just that is evil Family Annihilator Chris Watts. He killed his pregnant wife and 2 toddler daughters and disposed his beautiful babies bodies into crude oil tanks, and buried his wife in a shallow grave nearby at one of his job sites. Horrific case.

IMHOO

Well, we know there have been many dumb criminals who do stupid things that end up getting them caught out.

As to your question, yes that seems extra stupid and risky to dump a body at your workplace, but it has been done before.
One I can think of in recent years (2018) who did just that is evil Family Annihilator Chris Watts. He killed his pregnant wife and 2 toddler daughters and disposed his beautiful babies bodies into crude oil tanks and buried his wife in a shallow grave nearby at one of his job sites. Horrific case.

IMHOO
Good point about Chris Watts.

My heart really goes out to Caleb’s parents as they wait for news if the deceased is their beloved Son. As a parent myself, I think it would feel like torture waiting on the ID/news.

If it turns out not to be Caleb, I hope this discovery brings some closure to the family and loved ones of the deceased.

IMHOO

Yes, I’m wondering that as well. It may have been left unlocked, while being logged as locked. It happens. Human error.

I think the same thing.

And if a different employee later noticed it was unlocked, maybe they just locked it without reporting or logging anything, especially if a quick visual scan looked ok and everything was working/had not been tampered with.

I don't know the protocols for locking the gates or noting if you find one unlocked but I would think people working in the field may not report a "small" thing like that if everything seemed ok/in working order. It could even have been the same person finding it who left it unlocked in the first place, like oops I must have forgotten to lock this yesterday but everything looks ok so it's all good. And that's just a guess in case it might have been left unlocked.

Someone posted an earlier screenshot of a gate with a large gap underneath, perhaps the UID victim gained access that way?

MOO.

How do they know the lock wasn't just picked and his body carried in? Having a key really narrows the list of suspects and virtually eliminates CH from having entered by choice. MOO MOO MOO

This may be their main hypothesis (that a key was involved). Forensic analysis of the lock must surely be underway (I hope, I hope - surely they will examine it for signs of being picked? It should be obvious even under a student microscope).

I find it hard to believe that someone who is trying to conceal a body and just get lucky and find that cover unlocked.

I think the same thing.

And if a different employee later noticed it was unlocked, maybe they just locked it without reporting or logging anything, especially if a quick visual scan looked ok and everything was working/had not been tampered with.

I don't know the protocols for locking the gates or noting if you find one unlocked but I would think people working in the field may not report a "small" thing like that if everything seemed ok/in working order. It could even have been the same person finding it who left it unlocked in the first place, like oops I must have forgotten to lock this yesterday but everything looks ok so it's all good. And that's just a guess in case it might have been left unlocked.

Someone posted an earlier screenshot of a gate with a large gap underneath, perhaps the UID victim gained access that way?

MOO.

I saw that too. It's possible. I guess. It's hard to keep waiting to find out, that's for sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm
Back