TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #3

Doesn't that have to be a reporting error, because how could anyone know the door was locked when he went in? Also no authority has clarified the possible manners in which he could have ended up there. JMO.
It is very possible that the lock is keyed on both sides with no option to lock or unlock without a key. MOO

Well, we know there have been many dumb criminals who do stupid things that end up getting them caught out.

As to your question, yes that seems extra stupid and risky to dump a body at your workplace, but it has been done before.
One I can think of in recent years (2018) who did just that is evil Family Annihilator Chris Watts. He killed his pregnant wife and 2 toddler daughters and disposed his beautiful babies bodies into crude oil tanks, and buried his wife in a shallow grave nearby at one of his job sites. Horrific case.

IMHOO
But an employee at that type of workplace would know that the nature of the dumping ground would impede identification, etc.

How do they know the lock wasn't just picked and his body carried in? Having a key really narrows the list of suspects and virtually eliminates CH from having entered by choice. MOO MOO MOO
If the lock was picked, there would be evidence like scratches, etc. Detectives likely already know if the lock was picked or someone used a key.

But an employee at that type of workplace would know that the nature of the dumping ground would impede identification, etc.
I find it odd he would be at this site to begin with. It was the middle of the night with heavy fog and quite a hike from his apartment complex. Factor in that his phone was turned off at the time and he was facing navigating through the corn stalks all while possibly barefoot. IIRC, there is a fence surrounding the lift station itself which is around 6 ft tall with 3 levels of barbed wire on top.

I'm praying these are not Caleb's remains and I feel bad that LE will have to unravel the mystery of who the remains belong to and how they ever wound up there.

I find it odd he would be at this site to begin with. It was the middle of the night with heavy fog and quite a hike from his apartment complex. Factor in that his phone was turned off at the time and he was facing navigating through the corn stalks all while possibly barefoot. IIRC, there is a fence surrounding the lift station itself which is around 6 ft tall with 3 levels of barbed wire on top.

I'm praying these are not Caleb's remains and I feel bad that LE will have to unravel the mystery of who the remains belong to and how they ever wound up there.
Regarding the phone - it's entirely possible that the phone turned off if he fell into a manhole or some other source of water. IMO that is more likely of a scenario than turning it off deliberately before exploring or going outside further.

The iPhone 12 is water resistant but it degrades over time. If Caleb's phone's LIghtning port was fraying/not working well, I could see the phone turning off when hitting water.

It has happened before (a suspect hiding their victim at their own workplace), but I'm skeptical that happened here and waiting to hear if this could have been through some kind of accident or misadventure.
Yes. I wish we had a verified sewer worker or whatever the job title would be to explain the possibilities of how a body could’ve gotten in there. Are there ways via pipe or would a body have to be placed in there?

Waiting impatiently on LE for at least preliminary info. At this point I feel like we are getting the Riley Strain effect of the most salacious details being released by the media-whether or not those details are correct or actually apply to this case. I think it's overwhelmingly likely that this was an accident, and I'd love to see LE put the kibosh on further speculation.

Being barefoot is not a big deal. I don't understand why that is such a big deal. A lot of people go barefoot. Anyway, I think a body could go through pipes if it was decomposed enough. Back to him having no shoes on, to me, maybe it means he wasn't planning on being outside the apartment very long. Or maybe he didn't like wearing shoes. I do hope the family gets closure.
A lot of people in Texas don't go barefoot. Ever stepped in a fire ant hill? (I have, and I wouldn't suggest not wearing shoes.)

Yeah I’m super lost with regards to that. Are there blueprints somewhere?
Even better than blueprints, the Corpus Christi GIS system is available online, and you can create your own maps, including storm water layers and waste water layers, topography, satellite, etc. I have been fussing with it for awhile but as soon as I get something put together to post here, I lose it to the back button. Maybe you all will have better luck:

I'm really starting to wonder whether the protocol is to lock the wastewater lift station but the reality is sometimes it is and sometimes it ain't.

Does someone look around and think, "there's nothing here to steal, it stinks, who in their right mind would come in here if they didn't have to? There's a lock on the gate. And no one comes here anyway except me."

In reality, all sorts of individuals might find a lift station an interesting place to check out: just shimmy under the gate and Voila! you're in.

So who would want to check out this place? Kids? Maybe. Urban explorers? Possible. Hook up location? Seriously? Yes, if you are living a double life.

We've already seen some pics of Caleb and friends in some building or underground location with a spray paint can but not where it is. So it's not beyond the realm of possibility that Caleb and/or his friends had already discovered this place. If a meet up occurred here it's probably less than 5 minutes away from his condo. Just walk across the field to Lexington, hop off the sidewalk at the moody foggy bridge pic site, walk parallel to the ditch and he's there.

If the human remains are his, then I presume he's been there this whole time. If it's not Caleb, who is it? And where is he?

ETA: when looking at the most recent image on Google at the bridge site, there is what appears to be a tent pitched beside the ditch.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t a lift station have CCTV 24/7?

I would think there’d have to be cameras trained on the facility for security purposes.

We all like to assume protections are in place and working properly, such as the cameras at The Cottages. The reality is even in high risk situations, or public health settings, maintenance obligations go unheeded for lots if reasons. Budgets, time, cutting corners, or simply someone just doesn't give a damn.

The question remains how did a body get in there if it was locked? If someone is lying and in fact the manhole cover was left open. I'm thinking Big Lawsuit.

In this instance there should be a manual or computer generated log associated with that station.

Offhand, if it’s him, it’s likely he was out there to meet someone and never showed up, owing to stumbling in the fog and the darkness, and falling into an open manhole cover, which officials do say are there.

He went undetected until rain and floods moved the remains.

That’s just conjecture of course.
IMO - You’ve got me thinking with this idea of him perhaps missing the meet up & it makes me wonder if it were true, would the meet up person have come forward to the police anonymously to admit they were the person he was supposed to be meeting up with? There would be no reason not to, surely?

IMO - You’ve got me thinking with this idea of him perhaps missing the meet up & it makes me wonder if it were true, would the meet up person have come forward to the police anonymously to admit they were the person he was supposed to be meeting up with? There would be no reason not to, surely?
That’s something to ponder, definitely…the reason not to might be fear of being (falsely) accused of causing his disappearance.

Last edited:
Also they could be afraid of their name getting out there, which could easily happen. They would be all over the Internet as being possibly linked to the case forever. No one would want that, and, if innocent, they wouldn't deserve that.

Also they could be afraid of their name getting out there, which could easily happen. They would be all over the Internet as being possibly linked to the case forever. No one would want that, and, if innocent, they wouldn't deserve that.
Absolutely, great point.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm
Back