TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Partly, I question why anyone would commit homicide in this case, and why go to all that trouble, when a river is right nearby.
Snipped for focus
The only thing I can think of is that the person would have knowledge about chemicals breaking down remains and use the system in the hopes that the victim could never be identified.

(respectfully snipped by me)
I'm sort of wondering if someone was under the impression that if they put Caleb (or whoever this poor person is) in the station that his body would float through the sewer system and out to the ocean or something. With as many pages as we've all spent trying to figure out how exactly these waste systems work I could see an average person thinking the station might be a better place to hide a body than the river where he might have risen to the surface or been otherwise spotted. Perhaps they thought the waste system would do the same thing as the river only with extra level of concealment.

Concealment buys them time, water washes away DNA, and conceals COD.

Yeah, I guess generally they expect really no crime. Which in theory might make it a place for someone with knowledge to dump someone.

EXACTLY!
Who in their right mind hangs out at a sewage plant? right... criminals looking to dump a body.
But also accidents, animals/children/teens/humans falling in.

Corpus Christi’s Crappy Sewage System Begins Its Cleanup

“For years, wastewater has overwhelmed the city’s aging infrastructure. It’s spending $725 million to try to stop that.”

====
This may be sorta related to the case. An interesting read, an article from 2022, humorously written at times. Look at this opening paragraph, lol:

“The tank of aerating bodily waste at the Oso Wastewater Treatment Plant in South Side Corpus Christi is strangely mesmerizing. The brown-and-tan fluid within the 181-foot-long, 25-foot-deep rectangular vat is in constant motion, its surface broken by large bubbles and foam that make the fecal brew resemble cappuccino.”

yuck.gif

I’m posting it to say that the city is in the midst of upgrading and making improvements to its overall sewage system. Maybe better safety and security is in the works?

“For years, wastewater has overwhelmed the city’s aging infrastructure. It’s spending $725 million to try to stop that.”

====
This may be sorta related to the case. An interesting read, an article from 2022, humorously written at times. Look at this opening paragraph, lol:

“The tank of aerating bodily waste at the Oso Wastewater Treatment Plant in South Side Corpus Christi is strangely mesmerizing. The brown-and-tan fluid within the 181-foot-long, 25-foot-deep rectangular vat is in constant motion, its surface broken by large bubbles and foam that make the fecal brew resemble cappuccino.”

yuck.gif

I’m posting it to say that the city is in the midst of upgrading and making improvements to its overall sewage system. Maybe better safety and security is in the works?
Great find. It’s just sad that it is too late for Caleb, if indeed he is the unidentified victim.

Yes, I have similar questions. I wish we had official statements and analysis from law enforcement and other officials as to:

1. If the victim was Caleb &
2. What medical examiner and law enforcement believe happened, and how.

It seems we will get these answers but apparently not without quite a lot of waitin
According to this YouTube video, officials were reporting early on that the remains revealed no evidence of a homicide. Not sure if this local TV channel in CC was jumping the gun or not, but there is some good video of the location and the manhole in question. It's worth a watch.

====

yuck.gif

My comment to this is that if the fluid within the rectangular vat is in constant motion, then you would think the body would have surfaced a lot sooner if it had been there all along.

I wonder why clothing remnants are not mentioned. His clothing would not disintegrate any more rapidly than the body itself, would it?
I've been wondering this very same thing! If LE felt a homicide was a real possibility, wouldn't they have cordoned off the area with the yellow tape and do a thorough search of the pipes, wet well, etc. for evidence of clothing, cell phones and the like?

According to this YouTube video, officials were reporting early on that the remains revealed no evidence of a homicide. Not sure if this local TV channel in CC was jumping the gun or not, but there is some good video of the location and the manhole in question. It's worth a watch.

Thanks for this.

My comment to this is that if the fluid within the rectangular vat is in constant motion, then you would think the body would have surfaced a lot sooner if it had been there all along.
Sorry if I’m causing confusion, but the “rectangular vat” from the quote I took from the article is referring to a Wastewater Treatment Plant, not a wet well at a Lift Station such as where the body was found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbmeadows98
Back