TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Caleb Harris missing person.jpg

According to the CCPD Blotter, 21-year-old Caleb Harris was last seen early in the morning on Monday, March 4 near his apartment complex, located in the 1900 block of Ennis Joslin Rd.

His roommates realized later that morning that they couldn't find him, prompting Harris's family to report him as missing

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey folks,

Some posts have been removed. A couple of reminders:

Do NOT bring rumors or information over from sources that are not MSM, LE, or otherwise approved sources. Please review WS social media rules (all rules are linked in my signature line).

If you are going to talk technical information (specifically cell phones, pings, transmission delays, towers, etc), you MUST provide links to technical sites or scholarly articles to support what you say. We need factual information instead of just guesses or maybes.

Thanks !!

Hey Everyone,
Let me clear up some confusion on the Gray Hughes video about the Reddit thread. While Gray is an approved source, discussing the Reddit thread violates our rules, so this episode of Gray's will not be allowed to be discussed. It has not been confirmed that Caleb is posting on Reddit. However, not having the Reddit information should not stop you from discussing, in general, what could have happened to Caleb. In cases of missing persons, discussing the possibility of Caleb meeting up with someone is common and allowed. However, what is not allowed would be accusing the missing person of meeting up with someone for some random, nefarious reason without backing from law enforcement or a mainstream media source. This is how rumors get started and become out of control.
I hope I am making sense. It is late and I'm old. LOL
Thanks, everyone,
Tricia

Has the body been identified yet? It's been at least a week since found, right? I would assume it likely LE already had Harris family DNA for comparison to rule in/out, or no?
I think isolating the DNA that belongs to remains, under those circumstances, could be quite complex. There would be a whole lot of people's DNA mixed up, if you catch my drift. And I think they'd be trying to match it to whatever they collected of his, that might have his own DNA. There can't be any kind of doubt or 'close enough' these days, in case they have to prosecute.

JMO

@Janitor101 in Thread #3 asked:
“I'm probably mistaken, but I thought Gray Hughes said yesterday that the manhole was approximately 15" in diameter. Is that correct?”

=====

I believe 15” in diameter is the size of the sewer pipe, not the size of the manhole. The pipe runs through the manhole.
Source

I thought this pic illustrated a sewer pipe vs manhole well for my understanding. (Not a TX page, but hopefully all are generally similar.)
IMG_0374.jpeg

I think isolating the DNA that belongs to remains, under those circumstances, could be quite complex. There would be a whole lot of people's DNA mixed up, if you catch my drift. And I think they'd be trying to match it to whatever they collected of his, that might have his own DNA. There can't be any kind of doubt or 'close enough' these days, in case they have to prosecute.

JMO

All good points, and I completely agree. I was just assuming DNA could be extracted from teeth (if skull/teeth remain) and used for comparison, but that could be much more time-consuming than I realize.

All good points, and I completely agree. I was just assuming DNA could be extracted from teeth (if skull/teeth remain) and used for comparison, but that could be much more time-consuming than I realize.
It is perplexing. I've got to wonder if maybe they haven't found the skull yet or something, as dental records are very fast.

It is perplexing. I've got to wonder if maybe they haven't found the skull yet or something, as dental records are very fast.
I was thinking they either don’t have an intact skull and/or teeth were dislodged (and have not been recovered) due to decomposition and turbulence.

It really hurts to think and write this because whomever this (Caleb or anyone else) is someone’s child, parent, sibling, friend, lover, etc…and this person did not deserve to die and end up like this.

Dental records are not used if a significant number of teeth are missing, which is common in decomposition in water, they may fall out. Also, he may have had facial injuries (hitting ladder) that prevent dental records from identifying him. They may have tried a tooth first, if that didn't work then an uncontaminated section of the femur would be used to extract DNA. My somewhat educated opinion/experience.

Dental records are not used if a significant number of teeth are missing, which is common in decomposition in water, they may fall out. Also, he may have had facial injuries (hitting ladder) that prevent dental records from identifying him. They may have tried a tooth first, if that didn't work then an uncontaminated section of the femur would be used to extract DNA. My somewhat educated opinion/experience.
From what I recall of the Jelani Day case, they had trouble with getting up-to-date dental records, so they extracted some DNA from the femur.

although it's possible the UID is of a completely different person, I think it's more likely than not that it's Caleb, IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice
Back