Found Deceased TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
AUG 7, 2024
While the missing persons case for Caleb Harris has been closed, Corpus Christi Police Assistant Police Chief Todd Green said the investigation into his death is still active.

Green said that police essentially had to work backwards in their investigation. Normally, in more traditional cases police have blood, bullet casings or even a body to help establish evidence, which is why they ruled out foul play.

[...]

Green said the results of the autopsy report showed that there were no serious injuries to Harris' body.

"No major broken bones, fractures; there were some damages to parts of the body," he said.

[...]

I don't fault any parent for grasping at straws when it comes to the types of deaths like those of Caleb and Riley, or any death that seems undetermined. It just leaves you hanging, wondering forever, if someone literally got away with murder. I think the rational part of your brain gets suppressed by the emotional part because you can't comprehend that your child may have been the architect of their own misfortune. I think the same thing happened with the families of the three men who were found frozen to death after a fentanyl overdose. (Although, in that case, I think maybe the families are not being entirely truthful about their deceased loved ones).
AGREE! I am fortunate (if you can call it that) that I know how my son died. Even though I know it was accidental, every now and then I am horrified when a fleeting spider walks across my soul and says, “maybe it wasn’t accidental…maybe VF had something to do with it.” I know it’s not true…or even rational…but I guess it’s the heart/mind/soul’s way of trying to find a REASON and someone to blame for the loss of your child and a pain that is essentially unable to bear.

I can’t imagine what it must be like to feel this every minute of every day when you truly DON’T KNOW how your child died.

AGREE! I am fortunate (if you can call it that) that I know how my son died. Even though I know it was accidental, every now and then I am horrified when a fleeting spider walks across my soul and says, “maybe it wasn’t accidental…maybe VF had something to do with it.” I know it’s not true…or even rational…but I guess it’s the heart/mind/soul’s way of trying to find a REASON and someone to blame for the loss of your child and a pain that is essentially unable to bear.

I can’t imagine what it must be like to feel this every minute of every day when you truly DON’T KNOW how your child died.
I’m saddened to hear that you went through such pain.

Just thinking out loud: I remember years ago reading the story of a Canadian hockey player [Duncan McPherson] who disappeared in Europe. After about 14 years, his body was found. Police surmised that he’d been on a beginners snowboard slope in the Alpines, and had been injured and was waiting for help. Due to extremely heavy fog, someone driving a snowcat machine had run over and killed him, and hidden his body where it was later found in a melting glacier.

With regard to Caleb, I know people had also wondered about the fog and someone hitting him and hiding him. I am assuming that the autopsy has ruled this out completely. Just want to make sure I have that right.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back