TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the reward being offered still set to expire tomorrow?

I have a funny feeling that the reward was to flush out someone who may be keeping quiet about circumstances the night Caleb disappeared. It seems odd to end a reward so early in an investigation. Usually rewards get larger the longer the person remains missing. If I'm correct in my musings, then I think it's more likely that either foul play is possible or a death by misadventure that could involve someone in Caleb's circle and they are keeping quiet out of fear or guilt. IMO

Regarding the bridge Snapchat, just thoughts mulling in my little pea brain
ponder.gif

It’s been said by posters here that sometimes people just take photos of random things for Snapchat. But I believe the posters here said that was done in order to keep up “Streaks”. I looked up Streaks, and it entails having to send Snaps back and forth every day.

It doesn’t seem like the bridge photo was just a random photo taken by Caleb for this purpose, since the recipient friend has said he seldom looks at his Snaps.

I am unfamiliar with Snapchat workings…can people chat without an accompanying photo? Did he take it as a random photo just in order to send a chat message, in a caption form? (though it is unknown/unconfirmed if a caption was included)

What was he doing there? Was he trying to be kind, and waiting there for his UberEats delivery so the driver wouldn’t have to drive IN to the apts complex? (but then, the driver has said the order instructions said to leave on the porch, as I recall…so, guess not)

Perhaps I don’t understand Snapchat nor have the mindset of today’s young (yes, I am ancient :p), but it’s hard for me to think he’d take the picture for no real reason, totally random. I take photos only because I want to capture something that is meaningful to me, or interesting, in some way, so I guess that’s why I keep trying to attach meaning to the photo.

View attachment 493839

ponder.gif

It’s been said by posters here that sometimes people just take photos of random things for Snapchat. But I believe the posters here said that was done in order to keep up “Streaks”. I looked up Streaks, and it entails having to send Snaps back and forth every day.

It doesn’t seem like the bridge photo was just a random photo taken by Caleb for this purpose, since the recipient friend has said he seldom looks at his Snaps.

I am unfamiliar with Snapchat workings…can people chat without an accompanying photo? Did he take it as a random photo just in order to send a chat message, in a caption form? (though it is unknown/unconfirmed if a caption was included)

What was he doing there? Was he trying to be kind, and waiting there for his UberEats delivery so the driver wouldn’t have to drive IN to the apts complex? (but then, the driver has said the order instructions said to leave on the porch, as I recall…so, guess not)

Perhaps I don’t understand Snapchat nor have the mindset of today’s young (yes, I am ancient :p), but it’s hard for me to think he’d take the picture for no real reason, totally random. I take photos only because I want to capture something that is meaningful to me, or interesting, in some way, so I guess that’s why I keep trying to attach meaning to the photo.

View attachment 493839
As a mom to a 14 year old, I can say the streak photos are meaningless. Half the time my son opens a snap, sends a photo back (it could be something as pointless as a pic of our tv) and hits send….this is all done in less than two seconds. It’s insane how fast they are. That said, that is what makes me question the bridge pic. It’s not crooked, off centered, etc which makes me feel like it wasn’t some random streak sent back. I’m not saying it has some hidden meaning, but it looks way too centered to be a random streak photo.

Also, to answer your question, kids can chat on snap, and it does not have to include photos. Think of it like a sidebar. The chat is separate from any photo exchanges. Or, they can send photos and videos (no font/text) or there can be photos/videos with font overlaying the images. I can try and upload some examples if that would help.

Last edited:
We have misadventure... Caleb headed under bridge slipped and fell into deeper water and he hasn't been recovered. Or there's the possibility of a gator. I wonder how commonly gators are seen in this particular area... Wouldn't locals be aware if this was a common occurrence?

We have foul play... Someone who knew Caleb? Or a stranger? (Do strangers hang out there often?) Either way there would need to be a "why". Would either (friend or stranger) remove the body and be unseen by delivery driver at 3:20? Did they move him by vehicle and the security cameras can't make-out license plates due to fog?? Was someone (known or unknown under the bridge) in a kayak...and somehow Caleb's body was moved by this kayak in the water? (Assuming water level was high enough)

Self-harm and/or running away from life ... I can't even make myself accept these last two as real possibilities

ponder.gif

View attachment 493839
I'm wondering as well if the snap chat picture was a clue.

I just think something happened under that bridge..
From the snapchat photo and google maps, it doesn't look like the type of bridge you could go under without being in the water. There isn't a walking path underneath. It's been reported that the water was only a foot deep when Caleb went missing, but it still doesn't really look like the type of bridge you'd go under. The weather that night was foggy enough to provide privacy for a quick passing but if you wanted more time I could understand needing somewhere more covered, but the road-level bridge doesn't seem to make sense to me as somewhere you'd go under

Just MOO

From the snapchat photo and google maps, it doesn't look like the type of bridge you could go under without being in the water. There isn't a walking path underneath. It's been reported that the water was only a foot deep when Caleb went missing, but it still doesn't really look like the type of bridge you'd go under. The weather that night was foggy enough to provide privacy for a quick passing but if you wanted more time I could understand needing somewhere more covered, but the road-level bridge doesn't seem to make sense to me as somewhere you'd go under

Just MOO
Idk...someone in another group posted an upclose picture of under the bridge that night(taken from the original picture he posted) filtering out the fog and darkness and it doesn't look like there is any water under there to me...could just be dependent on the time of year, rain, etc.

The fog is playing a role in this case, isn’t it.
CCPD Asst Chief Todd Green has said it was “extremely foggy” so that it has been very difficult to see anything on the security cam videos they’ve collected thus far. Then, there’s Caleb’s foggy bridge Snapchat photo, which is mysterious, but does place him at that foggy spot at 3:03 AM, before disappearing very soon after.

transcript, starting at 1:04 :

Do you still need people in the community?

Of course, if they might have any doorbell, camera, ring, camera, blink cameras,
anything like that.

How much does that help out in an investigation like this?

Oh, it's uh tremendous un unfortunately, the night he disappeared,
it was extremely foggy and the video that we've collected already gone to over 50 businesses and, uh, different, uh, residents, private residences and co, uh, collected video of the 50 that we've been to. We've collected, I believe, 27 different sources of video.Um, the, the problem with that is a lot of it is very difficult to, um, to see because it was so foggy that night, but it is valuable to us. We're using it.

CCPD provides latest update on the search for Caleb Harris, kiii3 News

Hopefully police geofence his phone, as another phone enters his domain it can be traced ? Also saw some footage wet, water, reeds, etc...lady in U.K. missing 3 weeks, her dog found but U.K. lowered the water, netted the canal end, she surfaced in the reeds.. also the place surrounded by water would any sand bar be loose, open up so to speak, quick sand, ...now the water.. .. canal ? Is it eroded, where possibly an eve would shelf the area and Caleb could be there, under, along the edge.. Riley Strain was not found until the dam was shut off, water lowered ...he had traveled 8 miles , and he was under ...near a barge.

Hopefully police geofence his phone, as another phone enters his domain it can be traced ? Also saw some footage wet, water, reeds, etc...lady in U.K. missing 3 weeks, her dog found but U.K. lowered the water, netted the canal end, she surfaced in the reeds.. also the place surrounded by water would any sand bar be loose, open up so to speak, quick sand, ...now the water.. .. canal ? Is it eroded, where possibly an eve would shelf the area and Caleb could be there, under, along the edge.. Riley Strain was not found until the dam was shut off, water lowered ...he had traveled 8 miles , and he was under ...near a barge.
As previously posted here, the water was very low.
There doesn't even seem to be any continuous flow in the water near this bridge. A lot of bare and muddy areas.

This news report is good for showing it.
at 1:35 ditch in background when LE speaking
at1:42 base of bridge abutment.

Or there's the possibility of a gator. I wonder how commonly gators are seen in this particular area... Wouldn't locals be aware if this was a common occurrence?
Gulf coast Texas as a whole has plenty Alligators. I imagine that this extends to Corpus Christi in the general sense.

A local or resident interested in fishing would know about alligators. As a side note, night time is when alligators feed.

But.... they rarely attack adult humans walking on the bank of a river or shore of a lake (no hospitals for predatory animals- and they rarely risk injuring themselves. Though humans cant really harm alligators, the alligator does not know that. Rather they just see something large and presumably too hard to drag into the water).

An adult wading in the water at a real depth would be a different story in regards to alligator attacks. But.... a local fisherman simply would not do that at night.

And as another gruesome, but pertinent side note: Alligators have very low metabolism and rarely consume large, well....meals in a single dining session. Instead, they cache large portions and go back to it later. Human bodies are thus almost always spotted and recovered this way.

In the end, I dont think he fell victim to an alligator as an experienced fisherman. If he did, I suspect his cached remains would have been found by now.

Reward for tips on Caleb Harris increased to $50K​

Randy Harris, Caleb's father, asks anyone with information that could lead to his safe return to contact 361-826-2950.
Updated: 10:42 PM CDT March 31, 2024

Of course I don’t know what happened to Caleb, but I was thinking more on why Caleb was outside by the bridge area outside of his apt complex. Just conjecture, of course, just trying to make sense of the puzzle:

We know he placed the order with UberEats for the 2 Lunchables, a Red Bull drink, and an apple pie at 2:20 AM. The delivery was made at 3:20 AM. That’s 1 hour after ordering. These times are the facts, we’ve been told.
One hour—seems kind of a long time for the delivery, in my opinion.

So, maybe Caleb thought so, too, and was getting sleepy and wanted to go to sleep—but he had to wait up for his order. So, he went outside to walk a bit to help him stay awake. He wandered out of the complex entrance onto the street where the driver would be entering, to watch for the delivery car to approach.

Under this scenario, I am assuming walking around barefoot is not unusual for Caleb.
Under this scenario, he had already just taken the dog out (as evidenced by the 2:44 Snap video to his sister) and maybe the dog was settling in to go to sleep, so no need to bring the dog out again with him.
Under this scenario, leaving his keys and wallet would have been normal. His order was prepaid; no need for his wallet. He was going to stay close by the apt, so no need to bother with keys.
Under this scenario, maybe snapping a photo of the bridge and sending it to a friend was just part of a way of passing time.
So, then it follows, that under this scenario, Caleb did not disappear himself, something untoward happened to him.

This is an interview of parents on 3-11,
. . .“We know he’s out there, and looking forward to seeing him again. And he needs to know if he happens to see this that we love him he is not in trouble. The police are not after him. And no matter what happens we love him. And we want him to be here to go fishing, we want him home” . . .

Gulf coast Texas as a whole has plenty Alligators. I imagine that this extends to Corpus Christi in the general sense.

A local or resident interested in fishing would know about alligators. As a side note, night time is when alligators feed.

But.... they rarely attack adult humans walking on the bank of a river or shore of a lake (no hospitals for predatory animals- and they rarely risk injuring themselves. Though humans cant really harm alligators, the alligator does not know that. Rather they just see something large and presumably too hard to drag into the water).

An adult wading in the water at a real depth would be a different story in regards to alligator attacks. But.... a local fisherman simply would not do that at night.

And as another gruesome, but pertinent side note: Alligators have very low metabolism and rarely consume large, well....meals in a single dining session. Instead, they cache large portions and go back to it later. Human bodies are thus almost always spotted and recovered this way.

In the end, I dont think he fell victim to an alligator as an experienced fisherman. If he did, I suspect his cached remains would have been found by now.

Good points. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and thoughts. A gator attack seems unlikely.

My kids and grandkids water ski in bodies of water where you can see alligators. Boaters and fishermen know to keep away from the moms and their dens which are usually on the edges of the bodies of water.

FULL INTERVIEW: CCPD releases detailed timeline of Caleb Harris disappearance​

Updated: 3:27 PM CDT March 29, 2024

The last cell phone ping is at the complex or right outside, they originally thought it was elsewhere, but as new info came in it has changed, could change again if new info comes in.
At first, I thought maybe he had followed the ditch/canal towards the pain management center where they thought the cell phone had pinged. With the new info it appears the phone turned off, was shut down around, etc. around the complex. Now I’m thinking he followed the canal-ditch the other way for a meetup or was taken this way. The canal goes behind the apartment complex and the Mansion royal which is nearby. The area is large and full of bushes, brush, etc. If something happened then possibly he is in this area under brush, in a shallow grave etc., hole, etc. It was late at night and foggy and it seems if this path was taken and something happened it would go virtually undetected, as they would be hidden. I am sure the area has been searched thoroughly and multiple times.

My kids and grandkids water ski in bodies of water where you can see alligators. Boaters and fishermen know to keep away from the moms and their dens which are usually on the edges of the bodies of water.
Teche as in..... Bayou Teche, Louisiana?

Bayou Teche or another Teche, I think your point illustrates further that alligators are almost always not aggressive and rarely attack people who are not actively presenting themselves as targets.

My kids and I kayak and fish in alligator waters as well. Like your family, we practice the "Stay aware, Stay away- and they will stay away from you" idea as well.

Teche as in..... Bayou Teche, Louisiana?

Bayou Teche or another Teche, I think your point illustrates further that alligators are almost always not aggressive and rarely attack people who are not actively presenting themselves as targets.

My kids and I kayak and fish in alligator waters as well. Like your family, we practice the "Stay aware, Stay away- and they will stay away from you" idea as well.
Yes. We grew up in the area. As they say, “Once you taste the muddy water, you never leave.”. My kids learned to ski in the Bayou Teche and Lake Martin. The lake is filled with gators that sun on the logs. Locals know to ski in the center. My husband fishes and crabs in Rockefeller Reserve where the gators nudge the boat.

"I think there was some bad information that intended to show that his phone was pinging miles away from where he lived or where he was last seen," Green said. "I think as we've progressed in the last couple weeks and reanalyzed that information and gathered more information from the cell providers, the working theory we have right now is that last ping was probably right either in the complex or out on the street right in front of the complex."
https://www.kiiitv.com/article/news...nday/503-2a737380-5e52-4eb7-958f-5f6e0de19165

I’m uncertain what Asst Chief Todd’s statement implies. Is he saying the “pinging miles away” was the result of an intentional act to deceive? Or, just that early information was misinterpreted? His use of the word “intended” is what is confusing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem