DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
927866c4-781b-4c43-87e5-7ec97394212e_zps28abf38d.jpg

http://www.ktre.com/story/26501733/a-ktre-special-report-beneath-the-bridge

Carl Wills was just 22-years-old when he was killed on September 1, 2011, and his body dumped off Plantation Ranch Road in Liberty County...

The Wills murder is an open case for the Liberty County Sheriff's Office. The details have taken the lead investigator across seven counties gathering information and facts but no arrests have been made yet. "The people that I believe are responsible for his death, his murder actually know him," Davila said. "And like I said, those are part of the people we have as persons of interest."

Investigators believe that Carl Wills was killed somewhere between Polk and San Jacinto counties, and his body dumped under the bridge. They have never been able to find the location where he was killed, but believe they know who is responsible. They just need help connecting the dots.

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/clev...cle_bf0a56f8-2b80-5541-868e-232f98681bf4.html

n August 2011, Carl was arrested for traffic tickets and spent nearly the whole month in jail, said his mother.

“When he got home from jail, he slept all that day. He was clutching his Bible. He looked troubled. I asked him what was wrong and he said, ‘Nothing, Mama, that I want to talk about,’” said Rhonda.

The look on her son’s face still haunts her. “I don’t know what was going on. I tried to talk to my son when he got out of jail. I told him, ‘Carl, baby, go ahead and get out of Livingston. There is nothing for you here,’” said Rhonda. “He just had a sad look on his face when I told him that.”

https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/...-case-Carl-Tyrell-Wills-shooting-10618921.php
Nov 2016
attachment.php

Rhonda Wills holds up a photo of her family from happier times
VICTIM'S LAST DAYS

A few days before his murder, Carl was released from the Polk County Jail, having been incarcerated for nearly a month for unpaid traffic tickets.

"He got out of jail on Aug. 27 and was dead by Sept. 1," his mother said.
The last time Rhonda saw Carl was when he was picked up by a young woman he was dating. His mother believes that Carl's penchant for dating white women might also have been a factor in his murder, though she has no evidence to support that claim.
rbbm.

Attachments

• 920x920.jpg
    920x920.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 36
The following is a copy/paste from the Sentinel Alert - Town Crier website produced by local media (link below).
Additionally, there is more information above this story with an update on the possible identity of the woman that may have been dating Carl at the time of his disappearance.

Sentinel Alert - Carl Willis - March 2022

UPDATE 3/1/2022
RANGER BRANDON BESS GIVEN COLD CASE
A brief visit to Liberty County by the mother of Carl Wills today netted a little new information on the unsolved murder case of her young son. Ms. Wills found out that the DNA evidence has already been forwarded to the "Ancestory" DNA data bank for comparison. "We don't know exactly how long it will take but it has been submitted", The Liberty County Sheriff's spokesperson stated.
District Attorney Bergman has already taken the steps to get the investigation moving forward and took time out of a very busy day to visit with Ms. Wills in the halls of justice. "I know Carl was killed in Polk County and they just dumped my baby's body in your jurisdiction but I need justice for my son.", Ms. Wills implored the DA. With the knowing and understanding touch of a hand to Ms. Wills shoulder, one mother to another and a simple nod spoke volumes between the two women.

POLK CO 2/22/22 TODAY
TAKE AWAY DATE OF DEATH 8/30/2011

Carl Wills, was just 22 years of age at the time of his murder.
And that is how long DNA has been sitting almost 11 years.
"I am not going to let these people get away with taking Carl's life. I have to keep fighting for justice for my son. I can't stop and I won't stop," Wills said. The Chronicle story quoted her.
The effort to find Carl's killer(s) seems stalled. Here are a few things The Sentinel has learned during our investigation of events surrounding Carl's death.

It took three years for the DNA tests to be done on the flesh under Carl's nails. DPS cites "backlog".
The only info Liberty Co is willing to share is that it was a "White woman" skin under Carl's nails. That matches the eye witness accounts of who picked up Carl that night he was killed. It was a 'white woman'. The best the heretofore effort can get anywhere near "official" is that, "She never was a suspect".
This followed the immediate removal of all of her social media.
WE read just yesterday of yet another Ancestry DNA match solving a 40 year old murder case.
At least after ten years, let the family have the evidence so they can do their own investigation. If not, the automatic question is, "What are you hiding:"?

A mother's plea
10/4/2017
Sheriff Bobby Rader
Liberty County DA
Liberty County Judge
Liberty, Texas

Good Morning,
Under the open records act, FOIA, public records statutes and specifically under any judicial rules that apply, I, Rhonda Wills, hereby request true and correct copies of any and all evidentiary documents, photos, memos, reports, statements, letters, emails, audio and/or video recordings or any communication or evidence including forensic evidence that relates to the death and investigation of the death of my son, Carl Wills, that is available to me by law.
This includes but is not limited to any ‘interagency’ communication or assignment involving any Polk County law enforcement official that represented Polk County in any capacity during this investigation.
We understand and agree to only the most basic and undisputed legal redaction of personal identifiers.
Please contact me at the below address/phone to let me know when the records are available to be picked up.
Respectfully Submitted,

Rhonda Wills

That was the open records request that remains unanswered to this day.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back