Found Safe TX - Caroline Gaddis, 39, missed work, Galveston, 18 Mar 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
LEAGUE CITY, Texas (KTRK) -- A search is intensifying to find a 39-year-old League City woman whose family fears has been missing for several days.

Caroline Gaddis has not been seen since March 18 when she left her office in Galveston, according to her father Bob Gaddis.

A text message from Caroline Gaddis' phone said she would be out sick on Monday. She has not been seen or heard from since.

More at Search intensifies for missing 39-year-old League City woman

LEAGUE CITY, Texas (KTRK) -- A search is intensifying to find a 39-year-old League City woman whose family fears has been missing for several days.

Caroline Gaddis has not been seen since March 18 when she left her office in Galveston, according to her father Bob Gaddis.

A text message from Caroline Gaddis' phone said she would be out sick on Monday. She has not been seen or heard from since.

More at Search intensifies for missing 39-year-old League City woman

This cannot be good as KTRK-TV is reporting from the above link that Caroline's car, keys, and wallet are missing and that her cellphone appears to be turned off.

KTRK-TV also reported that that Caroline Gaddis drives a blue 2018 Nissan Rogue with Texas license plates on her car.

"For (Caroline) to not go (to work) for three or four days for no reason, didn't call anybody, is really suspicious," Bob Gaddis said.

The family called the League City Police Department on Tuesday after learning Caroline Gaddis did not show up to work.

Officers did a welfare check at her apartment complex at Courtland League City, near Walker and League City Parkway, but did not find any signs of forced entry.

Her father says it's not like Caroline Gaddis to disappear or not respond to family members and they're concerned for her safety.

The 39-year-old's car, keys and wallet are missing and her phone appears to be turned off.
Search intensifies for missing 39-year-old League City woman

"For (Caroline) to not go (to work) for three or four days for no reason, didn't call anybody, is really suspicious," Bob Gaddis said.

The family called the League City Police Department on Tuesday after learning Caroline Gaddis did not show up to work.

Officers did a welfare check at her apartment complex at Courtland League City, near Walker and League City Parkway, but did not find any signs of forced entry.

Her father says it's not like Caroline Gaddis to disappear or not respond to family members and they're concerned for her safety.

The 39-year-old's car, keys and wallet are missing and her phone appears to be turned off.

Caroline Gaddis drives a blue 2018 Nissan Rogue with the Texas license plate, MBZ 7403. Her family has filed a missing person's report.
Search intensifies for missing 39-year-old League City woman

The update today is that there was an unconfirmed sighting of her car more than 200 miles away in Lindale, Texas near Tyler. I hope she’s okay and just taking a break with a road trip.

Lindale, Texas, is a 4.5 hour drive from Galveston. Her vehicle was apparently spotted there at 7:50 p.m. Friday. She was last seen leaving work on Friday - she must have left work around 3:15 at the very latest. I wonder if she thought she had packed her bag when she left for work in the morning, but hadn't?

Any chance she went away for the weekend (Packed bag) got home and something happened? I wonder if she told anyone if she had plans

That's an interesting thought. I would think a used packed bag would look different, though - but maybe she folds her used clothing up really neatly, so it would look like a freshly packed bag?

It would be helpful if LE would declare her missing, so they could check her phone and bank records.

Is it possible that she suffers from mental illness and is in a psychiatric facility? It's confidential and the facility would be breaking the law (HIPPA violation) if they reveal her location.

Some updates from a family facebook page. Under pressure from Equusearch, LE has upgraded her status to Missing Person. Also, there is evidence that she was in Little Rock, AR 3/18 - 3/19.
Thanks for the update, LauraAnne. I believe the FB group is allowed here, as a family member is a moderator. They do have a lot of recent updates. Seems hopeful for Caroline and her family.

Thanks for the update, LauraAnne. I believe the FB group is allowed here, as a family member is a moderator. They do have a lot of recent updates. Seems hopeful for Caroline and her family.

Her father, Bob Gaddis, has some clarifying posts about the packed bag. It's a little hard to tell what he's saying, and also there are a lot of typos (I'm sure he's in a bit of a daze of anxiety right now) but it appears the bag had already been taken on the trip to Little Rock and returned to her apartment, with the flaps open, near the washing machine. The clothes were wadded up, not folded. Meaning she would have made her call to work Monday morning from home, and sometime between that time and Tuesday AM, something happened.

She sent a text that she would be out sick on Monday. Has she always texted instead of calling when she took a sick day? Every time I have texted that I would not be coming in, my manager (with cc HR and admin) I got a response back that required an answer from me for verification purposes. When did she quit responding to texts? Did she have appointments that day that had to be rescheduled?
JMO

She sent a text that she would be out sick on Monday. Has she always texted instead of calling when she took a sick day? Every time I have texted that I would not be coming in, my manager (with cc HR and admin) I got a response back that required an answer from me for verification purposes. When did she quit responding to texts? Did she have appointments that day that had to be rescheduled?
JMO

The details of that communication were answered in a post on the family facebook page, and then removed. There must be some detail they don't want known.

In rethinking this case, it may be as simple as she had gone away on a short trip, realized she wouldn't be able to make it back Monday a.m., so texted from somewhere that she wouldn't be coming in. Then arrived back at home Monday evening, unpacked her car, and went out for something - food? - and something happened at that time. All the details that she went through Tyler and on to Little Rock may be completely unrelated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back