TX TX - Chase Lackey, 25, Houston, 2 July 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do we even know if the dog is missing WITH him or did the dog go back?

As far as I’ve read, the dog is also still missing. I’m amazed at the lack of attention on this case. Where are his family? Friends?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

I'm not judging either side but I do wonder If Chase was somewhat estranged from some members of his immediate family?

That’s very possible. You’d think his parents would be inconsolable and grasping at every angle and outlet to find their missing son, but they aren’t.

Last edited by a moderator:

I read the same. I believe he’s from Crosby as it made our local pages a bit but no one seems to be very interested.

Why does it seem the family and friends of Chase aren't trying to find him?! What's your theory, Philigumbo?

Why does it seem the family and friends of Chase aren't trying to find him?! What's your theory, Philigumbo?
Not Philgumbo but I have some thoughts on this.

Maybe he is very independently-minded, not a follower, isn't going down a path proscribed by family.

Shame? Maybe he has a lifestyle they don't approve of.

Or perhaps there was something that made his family feel wronged and they haven't forgiven him.

Any theories?

I’ve wondered <modsnip> possibly alienated his family, as far as not looking for him. Also wondered about a lifestyle that causes his family to be fearful of being in the spotlight. Just my opinions and theory. I don’t think we know enough to do anything but speculate.

What do you think?

Saw posts on dad&#8217;s Social media loving and missing him. Just found a lot of posts.

Saw posts on dad&#8217;s Social media loving and missing him. Just found a lot of posts.

I'm glad. Then again, I would expect that from a dad. I just wish his disappearance was out in the media. Thanks for your thoughts and opinions, and you as well, watergirl!

This poor kid. Seems no one gives a damn. I&#8217;m disgusted that his family wants to keep it out of the media. WTF?

Where are you Chase?!

<modsnip> Chase being missing not a priority should tell us something about the family dynamics, unfortunately. I hope he just up and left them and that lifestyle behind and started all over somewhere. But, that is usually more of a fairy tale than reality...IMO. But, we can always hope!

I am just speculating as to why they would not want LE in their business. It could be anything really... IMO. <modsnip> Just pure speculation on my part. That is all we have is our own ideas, as there is nothing else being posted in MSM or by LE to lead us anywhere.

I don’t really have any theories based on any evidence. Maybe lifestyle choices, I really don’t know. I saw on his Facebook page he had been in a motorcycle accident but no indication of chronic pain. I see inspirational posts so maybe he was keeping some demons at bay.
I found through a post on his father’s Facebook page he went missing in the Wallisville and beltway area. That’s a bit of a tough neighborhood but it’s also affordable. They are trying to clean it up but a few blocks off the beltway it can get rough. When we first moved to Houston we lived near that area, about 5 blocks off the beltway just off Wallisville. We were renting a townhouse while trying to sell our old house and buy a new one. The first night we were there we heard gun shots and heard them lots of times after that. It’s residential, not someone shooting at raccoons in the coops. The guy 3 townhouses down was selling drugs out of his garage. Someone tried to steal the rims off the company truck. A guy who was wanted for execution style murders was hiding out at a drug house that was about 8 blocks away. We had a Doberman puppy that sometimes needed to be walked at night to avoid accidents. I always stayed in well lit areas and was hyper aware of my surroundings. We got out as soon as we could.
There is a big drainage ditch that runs through the area and being robbed or mugged is a real possibility. Cloverleaf is very near that area if you want to look up crime statistics.

Edited to add Cloverleaf is south of Wallisville and west of the beltway. Not sure exactly where he was living. Will look more thoroughly through his Facebook, maybe I can find outside pic.

Edited again: North shore area appears to be the north side of Wallisville. North Shore High school and another school. I can’t recall any apartments other than the townhomes, I drove down Wallisville daily for 2 months. Maybe something tucked behind. The outside pic of his truck from 2 years ago looks sort of like the apartments on the east side of the beltway and just north of Wallisville but I can’t be positive. Carpenters Bayou would be my concern on that side. West canal on the other. There is a dog park on the east side of the beltway and a fairly large park.

If he lived in the apartments on the north east side of the beltway and Wallisville it’s Gene Green Beltway park for those that may be interested.

http://www.hcp1.net/Parks/GeneGreen

250 acres from what I see. When we were there we saw lots of joggers and lots of people from the apartments letting their dogs blow off some steam. We haven’t lived there for about 4 years. I haven’t seen anything to indicate time of day, am I missing it?

There is a YMCA down by the North Shore high school.. Guy who will be coming back to work for us after January 1 worksout and works part time there as a kids coach. I’ll show him Chase’s pic and see if he’s seen him before. January 3 is his start date.

Based off the pictures of his truck I think he may have lived at the Lafayette Village Apartments. I’m going off the paint colors so I can’t be positive. If it is, there is a large drainage ditch on the north side of the complex that is quite steep. The colors on the apartments don’t match the ones near the dog park. The pictures are fairly old though I think so can’t be positive.

The guy in the lab says he doesn’t recognize him from the YMCA so no help there.

I just don’t get it...where are you all, Chase and Champ?

This was fantastic! And she is saying what I’ve said all along - why is there no coverage? Why does it seem like no one cares? It’s crazy, and very sad. In most cases, the family and friends jump into action immediately, organize searches, start a “missing” Facebook page, post all over social media, cover the area in flyers, talk to news outlets and newspapers, and try to keep it in the news. With this it just seems like they said, “He’s missing .. oh well. Moving on”

Heartbreaking.

Thanks button a thousand times! Sounds like LE didn’t even take Chase missing seriously! Why? I wonder if he’s done this before? So much evidence is lost now, especially after Harvey.

<modsnip> I did see something about a motorcycle accident. Made me wonder if he received a head injury. Even a slight closed head injury could alter behavior and decision-making, which could make walking away seem logical to him. All speculation and MOO. I also wonder why he wasn’t working and for how long? How was he making rent and truck payments?

But, in reality, it isn’t even known if Chase disappeared during that walk with Champ. It was just the last time he was seen. It could have been a different day.
If he walked away, he may have left his truck because, 1) it could be traced; 2) he owed on it and couldn’t pay for it any longer. With his father and sister hitting brick walls about his bank and phone records, and lack of LE checking surveillance cameras, etc., there’s not even a starting point. :thinking:
Unless his family starts banging on the police desk everyday, Chase will never get the attention he deserves. The fact they aren’t still makes me wonder if this is the first time he’s disappeared. Not that Chase couldn’t have met with foul play or hurt himself, highly possible (probable?)! Just that they don’t seem motivated in that direction. MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back