GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 2m2 minutes ago
Jury out. Judge explains defense objection during video b/c Arochi told Stamm he'd been arrested before #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 1m1 minute ago
Judge said video was already entered into evidence and felt he couldn't redact it at that point #arochitrial

Edit: this arrest was for what the stolen phone correct?

No. The rape and theft charges arose later.

GigglingToes,
I take it that Christina's siblings, grand parents, and other families were allowed to watch the trial? Just not her parents?

I always have wounded that, too. I am curious if it is because of all the drugs and HF stuff. Sorry, just IMO, they may have decided there were too many lies to make their efforts valuable.

It's possible, but it also seems that PPD ruled HF out fairly early. IMO.

Unless the defense has something good like he and Christina accidentally hit Bigfoot and when they stopped Bigfoot grabbed Christina and took off with her; and he couldn't tell anyone because it sounds crazy, just kidding. EA is done and done. These interviews have sealed the deal. IMO

I always have wounded that, too. I am curious if it is because of all the drugs and HF stuff. Sorry, just IMO, they may have decided there were too many lies to make their efforts valuable.

I think they EQUUSEARCH has to have specific areas to search or something like that. Moo

Ok when I have time later I going to go see who from work testified about EA allegedly hitting wall. And also see(review) Ponce testimony. Judge said (per tweets) that the dude talking to news and also conversing (they carpooled and he said they spoke about testimony) Judge said (paraphrasing) something about advanced Brady possibly? (Brady rule)

Brady Rule
The Brady Rule, named for Brady v. Maryland, 373 U.S. 83 (1963), requires prosecutors to disclose materially exculpatory evidence in the government's possession to the defense. "Brady material" or evidence the prosecutor is required to disclose under this rule includes any evidence favorable to the accused-- evidence that goes towards negating a defendant's guilt, that would reduce a defendant's potential sentence, or evidence going to the credibility of a witness.

If the prosecution does not disclose material exculpatory evidence under this rule, and prejudice has ensued, the evidence will be suppressed. The evidence will be suppressed regardless of whether the prosecutor knew the evidence was in his or her possession, or whether or not the prosecutor intentionally or inadvertently withheld the evidence from the defense. The defendant bears the burden of proving that the undisclosed evidence was material, and the defendant must show that there is a reasonable probability that there would be a difference in the outcome of the trial had the evidence been disclosed by the prosecutor. https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/brady_rule

Checked my notes for you: Juan Ponce testified Tuesday that : After 8/30, EA was more aggressive than before and punched a door after a customer left because he was mad at that customer. He said EA had a "slight temper" Jacob Talamontes was the one called on the carpet for interviewing with a cameraman for Fox 4 and said that he rode in with Ponce the day before.

While dealing with Talamontes, LP Phillips tweeted:

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips [video=twitter;776058448907677697]https://twitter.com/lpphillips/status/776058448907677697[/video]
State will move on and decide later whether to use Takanetes. Judge says this could be an advanced Brady situation #arochitrial

Not sure how what happened relates to what you posted about the Brady rule. Maybe he was saying if the Pros knew about the interview and didn't inform the Defense - which obvs they did. No idea...

GigglingToes,
I take it that Christina's siblings, grand parents, and other families were allowed to watch the trial? Just not her parents?

Yes, Mark's parents were there in the courtroom. Also sister and her husband, brother (and his girlfriend? for half the day). Unsure who else there was actually family.

It's possible, but it also seems that PPD ruled HF out fairly early. IMO.

But that doesn't rule out all the other lies and denials that were going on. I remember TES saying something that made it sound like they felt they could not be of value in this case and if things changed, they might try later. I'd have to look to find that info. But I remember thinking uh oh.

I wish he would but I don't see this happening. I believe he will always deny it and at this point they can't really give him anything because they aren't going after him for murder.
I know the chances of a plea deal have been discussed before but can someone explain one more time why it couldn't happen? I've read about cases where the victim's parents have approved of a lesser sentence if the guilty perpetrator reveals where their loved one can be found. If it were my daughter and I thought there was a chance the creep would come clean in exchange for a deal, I'd do it just to be able to know the truth and bring her home.

But, today was a definite win for the prosecution. The only way EA can get out of his web of lies is to tell the truth or tell another lie. But, no way is he not guilty to the jury as it stands right now.

I think the only way he'd plead out would be if she's found and there's physical evidence tying him to her and the location she's found. My own opinion.

I know the chances of a plea deal have been discussed before but can someone explain one more time why it couldn't happen? I've read about cases where the victim's parents have approved of a lesser sentence if the guilty perpetrator reveals where their loved one can be found. If it were my daughter and I thought there was a chance the creep would come clean in exchange for a deal, I'd do it just to be able to know the truth and bring her home.

Just from my perspective, they don't have anything to offer him right now. If he offered up her body he would be admitting to murder which he is not on trial for. If he were, they could offer him a lighter sentence. Since it's just AK he would get a whole nother charge added on top so it would be a longer sentence no matter what. Does that make sense? And I'm not a lawyer so I could be wrong.

It's not all we need to know! EA needs to tell her family what happened! I'm still hoping he will tell the truth when he realizes he's going down!

On the real life level, you're exactly right.

I do hold out some hope that EA will chase a negotiated deal after consulting with his attorneys over the weekend. They are good (ie, they have no delusions about their chances at this point, or about what their defense might do to change the situation), and have been known to do deals in the middle of a trial after the handwriting is clearly on the wall. And because he's likely to get a murder charge and a death penalty by simply blabbing, he can't really tell where CM is without it being part of a bigger deal. But he'd still get locked up for a long long time, because the state won't give him a free pass for abduction-murder.

I am not an expert at all, but I think he was offered a plea many times considering the man hours and taxpayer cost LE put into trying to find her. JMO

Thank you for the reply. Any lawyers want to add to this?

Just from my perspective, they don't have anything to offer him right now. If he offered up her body he would be admitting to murder which he is not on trial for. If he were, they could offer him a lighter sentence. Since it's just AK he would get a whole nother charge added on top so it would be a longer sentence no matter what. Does that make sense? And I'm not a lawyer so I could be wrong.

http://www.texasequusearch.org/2014/09/missing-christina-morris-plano-tx-83014/

"The Texas EquuSearch team will reactivate and return to Plano to search for Christina, when investigators obtain more credible and significant information."

BBM. Apparently, they still haven't reactivated the search for Christina.

I suppose technically they did since Barkley Sutton is w/ TXEQ. He continued the searches for (at least) several months. I just remember it feeling weird when they announced they were stopping.

JMHO So far the Def has made pretty good arguments and got several witnesses to have to backtrack and agree with the Def question or line of questions. There been 2 Det that have said she willingly left parking garage with EA (their working theories not just Def having back track) Also that they do not know which areas the car actually drove just tower pings and one witness admitted EA could have been already home during cell ping data. Still keeping open mind here. Just saying.

The cell phone ping near his home could have pinged after he got home. Cell phones don't instantly shake hands with a tower. It could have delayed pinging. But he certainly wasn't at home when it pinged off of other towers. It may have not pinged for a few minutes after he got home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7